26 coaches online • Server time: 10:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2005 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfling Pros (Habeli) vs Goblins (Origami)
Score: 2 - 0
Cas Caused: 2 - 0

Comments:

Habeli's team has str 2 Stoutboys. Is this correct? The roster on the website showed str 3 Stoutboys.

Regardless, the Pros were plenty good even without a pair of str 3 players. This team seems too strong to me, at least at this low TR. The team as a whole is extremely reliable. With all of their skills, they really only used their RR on failed blocks. My guys, however were spending RR quickly on pickups, GFI, etc.

The stoutboys, with block and decent movement, ended up being the main blitzers. Block is very good on a starting stunty team.

Their armor is also quite good. Everybody has at least av 7, and they have four av 8 players. I didn't cause a single cas during the game. Between the Pros and the Stoutboys, this team is likely to have four av 8 blodgers within a few games - and two of those will be str 3.

The free chef seems to be a bit of overkill, too. These guys hardly needed the extra RR, but stealing RR from a newbie stunty team is powerful.

Pros also seem to be undercosted. The starting roster has every positional, an apo, 3 RR, 9 FF, and an apothecary. No hard decisions have to be made when creating a team - you can just buy everything that you need.

Also, I did have to conceed in T6 of the second half. Likely, the pros would have scored again if I had been able to finish the match.

Suggestions:

Major changes are needed. Ditch the chef. Keep Stoutboys at str 2. Increase RR cost to 60k. Increase lineman cost to 40k. True Pros - increase MA to 6 and decrease AV to 7.
 Jump to: