48 coaches online • Server time: 15:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

And try not to actually make the rules worse.

Impossible! haha

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

To focus on wishlisting one team (because otherwise we'll be here forever!):

Imperial Nobility. Love the idea of an expensive human team with a bunch of positional skills, but hate the execution. I'm happy with expensive as long as the cost is somewhat worth paying, but every time I realise a Noble Blitzer costs more than a Dark Elf Blitzer I wince.

Blitzers: Swap Catch for Sidestep. It fits the theme of positional skills and is a good upgrade.

Bodyguards: Leave as-is

Linemen: Make them AG3+ and costing 50k, same level as all the other '6338+ with one skill' players like Khorne Marauders, old Norse linos, and Zon linos. (Or drop them to 40k without changing stats)

Thrower: Anything is better than Running Pass. I'd quite like them to have Kick for maximum opponent annoyance, but realistically if the Linos go to AG3+ this guy probably never sees play unless you need Leader.

Rerolls drop to 60k. This would let them take 2 Blitzers, 4 Bodyguards, 5 Linos, 3RR as a starting lineup even if the Linos went up to 50k.

I think they'd still be T2 after all of that, but it should lift them out of the 'worst non-stunty team' discussion zone.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion, see rosters which attempt to approximate equivalence Razz
Garion

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

make hail mary not useless!

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Underworld should not have Snotlings.

UW need to have snotlings. Remove the Gutter Runner, if anything. IMHO, the snotlings are only a problem at TV1000-1090... above that they become ablative forces that simply disappear by the second half.
Garion wrote:
make hail mary not useless!

THIS! And while you're add it, recombine some of the other passing skills which seem to have been divided out to make up twelve passing skills. Accurate+Cannoneer can be recombined. Cloud Burster+Safe Pass can be recombined. Add a skill to remove the thread of a Wildly Inaccurate pass, add that as part of one of the other skills. (Adding to the Pass skill that Wildly Inaccurate passes are converted to a fumble would be sufficient.) Move Nerves of Steel from Passing to Agility. Add a passing skill to make "Quick Pass" a riskless option... (so it'd be a flick... a stretch hand-off. Could even name it 'Quick Flick' or something. )

Add a Slaanesh Chaos team with lots of claw, and other teams with more claw to make 'Iron Hard Skin' less useless.

Allow teams with Bribery and Corruption to roster bribes

Bring back secret weapon rolls.

Skills on Dwarf team "Dwarf Blocker" = OWA team "Dwarf Blocker" (accepting that OWA dwarf will add Loner of some flavour.)

Goblin Bomma get P primary access like the snotling flingas

Players 'converted' by the plague ridden may be added to the team without playing the standard hiring cost... or half cost rounded up to the nearest 5k... not for the full 35k.

New Trait: "Punchable face". Opponents fouling this player get +1 on their roll to attempt to break armor. Wardancers and 'Ooligans get "Punchable face".

Ooo! And if they do a new box set -- include at least a couple full 'standard decks' of cards... a set of special play cards, and a set of magic items. With full list and description in the rule book.

Continue to include rules for league play (including redraft), and tournaments in the base set of rules. Don't put them in a supplement. Don't put rules for assists for blocking, or for GFI/rushing, or for fouling, etc in an 'Optional rules' section.

Oh! Define carefully the what constitutes the penalties for conceding a game vs the procedure when a coach concedes. Under the current rules, losing the game and "voiding and awarding TDs to opposition" are penalties of concession. Therefore, RAW, since they have a rule which allows a coach to 'concede without penalty', it's possible to concede and win the game.

Last edited by razmus on %b %23, %2024 - %18:%May; edited 2 times in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Garion wrote:
Underworld should not have Snotlings.

IMHO, the snotlings are only a problem at TV1000-1090... above that they become ablative forces that simply disappear by the second half.

If you consider that now the Blood Bowl action takes place mostly at low TV then they are a problem.
That said, I found they are a problem even at higher TVs.
Yes, they disappear, eventually, but they are able to stop an offensive drive. To remove them you need to block them and with 2+ dodges they are quite able to reposition and make a column defence. If you can hit only 1-2 Snotlings a turn they are hard to remove in time for scoring.
The Gutter Runner seems to me out of place on UW.
I think it should be a roster made by the worst Skaven and Goblins playing together with a bad alliance.
A Gutter Runner is quite an elite player for UW standards (at least in my own vision of the fluff).

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %23, %2024 - %18:%May; edited 1 time in total
razmus

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
If you consider that now the Blood Bowl action takes place mostly at low TV then they are a problem.

Competitive division play on FUMBBL is mostly played at low TV, and UW performs well there. There's still a fair bit of Blood Bowl played above in the League division at higher TV, and for my $0.02 UW performs less well and you see far fewer of them.

MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I know, I use to play at mid TV. At low TV UW is stronger.
razmus

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile I don't think we're in disagreement.
I just don't want to see UW slip TOO far. In talented hands (which aren't mine) they're a pretty good team. I don't think they're over represented in the tournament semi-finals and finals, and I think they can provide an okay counter to some of the teams which we do find there a lot. (Well... other than Vampires. Gonna need some sort of 'garlic farmer' trait or 'stake' skill, I think.)

But 'punchable face'. I've seen some wardancers which really deserve that trait... Wink

MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The poor Wardancers can't Leap as they used to do! Razz
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring back Khemri and given them catchers
Garion

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

For me Snotlings are the biggest issue with that team. Sure they splat eventually. But they provide such an amazing mobile screen. It makes it impossible to get a the gutter runner. That said I'd be happy if they got a night runner with ma8 too

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The Night Runner sounds nice.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Bring back Khemri and given them catchers

Catch-ras ...
Fixed it Wink

Post   Posted: May 23, 2024 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
For me Snotlings are the biggest issue with that team. Sure they splat eventually. But they provide such an amazing mobile screen. It makes it impossible to get a the gutter runner. That said I'd be happy if they got a night runner with ma8 too

Take away Swarming and that's a start.

It's a nice little idea when you are talking about the trying to count to 8+ on a proper Snotlings team, but saying they can't get past 3 for a UW side is taking the joke to far.
 Jump to: