40 coaches online • Server time: 18:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bernon

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

what are that skills? Off For a Bite and Thrall
how to use squig, squig hopper, Strigoyan Lord and Vampling?
how to move them with trhow-in template?
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Skills - (including OFAB and Thrall)

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=skills

For movement using the throw in template read up on the goblin fanatic in the LRB.
peikko

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

xen7ric wrote:
Skills - (including OFAB and Thrall) http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=skills

Instead using that outdated page please use http://fumbbl.com/help:SkillList instead.
bernon

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

THX Razz
johan

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You should be forewarned that both those teams are very weak (not Cheater-weak, but definitely not good, either), but at least the Squigs are very funny!

With both teams, it's critical to get your number of re-rolls up, as well as not to field all your OFAB players at once.

With the Strigoyans, I'd focus on quickly skilling the Vamplings up to little blitzers with Block/Tackle/DT/Guard/Pro as primary skill choices (Sidestep and Piling on as secondary; Dauntless is good on doubles). Don't fire injured Thrallings unnecessarily; keep the around as Vamp feed instead. Always try to chew on players that are already stunned!

With the Squigs, you will hurt from the lack of general access on your Squigs/Hoppers. Get Dodge on them ASAP, and always, always take Block on doubles. Sure Feet and Sidestep are good secondary Agility skills, while the normally great DT isn't a wise choice for the Squigs and Hoppers. Don't leap more than you have to, just because you can, especially not with the Hoppers.

Don't try to score too much with your Hoppers - they're quite unreliable. Try to get three-dice blocks as often as you can while they don't have Block. One thing I try to do is save one block for late in the turn, and accept "Both Down" results and TO on that one - after all, they will have +3 on their injury roll if they're stunty!

All in all, I think the Squigs is the better team, becuase their Goblin Thralls are much better than the Strigoyans Halfling Thralls.

This is my Squig team (also the second biggest Squigs in Stunty): http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=81780

/johan
smoked_g60

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2005 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro is definetely the ofab teams friend, and the strigs are a much more skilled team, with 5 players getting gen skills from the start. Just be carefull of the blitz action and the ofab roll happening together. In which case I usually go with team rr instead of pro reroll chance.
Personally I cannot comment on the strigs, as no one will play mine yet, but the squigs I have some experience with. Currently my "Unlucky Lips" are the hightest rated tr/ts wise, but I cannot hope to stay there. The squigs have 4 big guys with no hands and 2 negatraits so I spent my first doubles on pro for my squigs. Block is probally a better choice for a first double on all the squigs hoppers included, but nuffle rewarded me with a second double on each of my squigs with pro so they have block as well.
The lack of real general access makes this team a tough one though, but the av7 is remarkably resilent.... for stunty.
I disagree on not taking dt for the squigs. I often see them as more useful just sitting there holding 2 players down rather than risk takind the ofab and rs rolls especially late in the half when you have no rerolls. Opponents will want to get away from those squigs and will often end their turn trying to. Remarkably by one squig with 78 spp now just took dodge!
I saw sure feet as more important thinking that most big guys who attack the squigs have tackle anyway. In hindsight I'd like to have dodge many places more than I'd like sure feet. Still the squigs can move 9 with 4x gfi so the total speed of the team is great this way. I think at times to use the apo on a thrall just because I need them so badly but I have retired a team that way after a particuraly nice hopper died next turn after using apo.

Another note that is important is to make sure you get those thralls and rerolls to the max number, before maxing out on squigs, and try to keep them there. For team building I usually take 5 rerolls 2 hoppers and no squigs and EDIT no apo. FF9 with 20k left over. Then I buy squig, thrall, squig, thrall, assuming no one dies the first games.
After that save for the rerolls, and pray for no squig deaths as the spp on them are valueable. Try to keep the squigs evenly skilled is probally a good move, sidelining the best ones even to get those little ones to 15 spp at least. I'd say take diving tackle and dodge as first skills. My problem is that the ones with block get skills really fast, so keeping the age factor down is hard on those hopper stars is tough.
All in all, I manage to win about as many as I lose give or take and usually do as many cas to myself as to my opponents.
 Jump to: