11 coaches online • Server time: 03:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

No need to apologize, thanks for the feedback Garion. What if an arm was raised similar to the old ones? I think beside the zombies they stand out better than the current ones actually. I end up mixing up my zombies and ghouls now.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

What about using the more pointed ears? Would that help?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the pointed ears/raised arm because of how quickly I can differentiate with them (I go by shape, not colour, which makes some of the elves really .. similar..) However, I see what you were trying to do with the new ghouls, and I like the overall concept, so if you were to modify those pasty whites as you've suggested I would love to see it.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

yup pointy ears and raised arms is needed, the arms especially makes them easy to spot in a scrum.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2012 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Now with pointy ears and an angry shaky-fist! Good-bye fun-lovin' waving dude. Wink

Image Image Image Image Image
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2012 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps add back in the accessories (shoulder pads, bracelets, etc.)?

From a colorization standpoint, I like the new ghoul (although he seems slimmer), but the old ghouls have a nice variety (which I'm SURE could be replicated, other than their color variety, which would seem tough with your predominately white palette for the skin tone).

Also, the left (lower) hand looks much smaller, as though its behind the body instead of in front.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2012 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, there will be six different varieties of the ghouls once done. Good eye on the hand, I missed changing out the Stunty hand.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2012 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Image Image Image Image

Small ghoul update.
Whitmire

Post 6 Posted: Aug 25, 2012 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Now with pointy ears and an angry shaky-fist! Good-bye fun-lovin' waving dude. Wink

Image Image Image Image Image

Noooh! I loved the crouching Morlocks, i.e. the original Bogeys. They looked pale and brooding. I'm not a fan of the pointy-eared pale goblins as Ghouls.

The fun-lovin', waving guy can go, though. Wink
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2012 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The small crouching ones will get in the game if Bogeys are accepted into Stunty.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ghouls are finally done:

Necro
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Undead
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Nit picky time.

It would be nice if the necro and undead ghouls looked significantly different. Perhaps the old ghouls for necro?

It would also be nice if there were some variation in the new ghoul's poses. (And believe me, I've become painfully familiar with what even minor changes entails!)

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback. No way will the Necro ghouls be the old ones, my league team (most of my games) is Necro and I am sick of those ugly clowns. Very Happy

I could do some flipping to alternate which hand is up, but I don't see a need to have them different between Necro and Undead. They are both ghouls. Remember, the UD and Necro zombies and wights are identical, and there are no issues.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a hard time finding differences between them. If there are different models they should be obviously different to help the gameplay.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

slight color variations may do the trick as well, unless you are wedded to the albino look. I actually quite like the blueish and yellowish tinge to the old ghouls though your icons are head and shoulders better.
Whitmire

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2012 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that the variations are rather subtle, but I love the new models! The shoulder pads make them look much better. I don't dislike the pointy ears anymore, because the pads do such a great job at hiding them.

Some ideas for variation:
- a Blood Bowl punch dagger,
- two belts over the chest (like Rambo with his ammo belts),
- a round belly/chest plate strapped with said belts.
 Jump to: