62 coaches online • Server time: 23:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I destroyed my team within a week Very Happy Also looks like a key b-day team has been thrown from the XFL too.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
zakatan

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I would love to see the next birthday present be this: Every team that has room gets a FREE Halfling to play on their team. A fling invasion of Fumbbl. AND he would join your team after the Birthday if he survived.

We could have Birth Day flings that everyone gets pissed off about and complaining that they unbalance Majors, so much fun.

seconded! Laughing
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not make it a free random stunty league player? Then to encourage people to put those snotlings on the pitch you add a clause where the team can keep it if they permanently die Smile I for one would love to see a snotling pumpwagon take to the pitch and die to join my vampires.... only to die the next game anyway Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Chewie

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Why not make it a free random stunty league player? Then to encourage people to put those snotlings on the pitch you add a clause where the team can keep it if they permanently die Smile I for one would love to see a snotling pumpwagon take to the pitch and die to join my vampires.... only to die the next game anyway Very Happy

What rock have you been hiding under Silly?

Or did you not notice that Christer doesn't want to pollute LRB teams with any non-LRB influences? Rolling Eyes
Lill-Leif

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Did someone say rock??? *throws a rock*
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to add a definition; I would say that any team that played at least a game on the birthday and then either slowed right down, saved themselves exclusively for Majors or stopped playing at all at an uber pimped TR <i>is</i> a birthday team. To me, KAOS (as an example that have come up in this thread, I'm singling no-one out) is a birthday team, and it seems clear to me they topped themselves off on the day and are now awaiting the FC. They fit my definition. If yours is 'played 20+ games' then fine, they don't.

Now; you either see that as a reason to boo them and as yet another black mark against Majors, or you don't, and see 20 games (in other cases than KAOS) as good sense. Elfballing, picking, playing your friends in really dodgy games, etc. all existed before the birthday issues, and will go on to exist after, so it's either one thing or another to a powergamer anyway, the format of these things is ALWAYS going to encourage playing the system as close to the bone as humanly possible. I would have LOVED to have seen all of the silly teams back in regular circulation (and thumped) before the only really good Major, but it was always unlikely to happen. The romance of last year's competition will be sadly diluted.

Stop caring and play a real tourney ([L] FTW!), or stop moaning about stuff you can't fix, or just open 20 clients and multi-boo the lamers (if you see them that way). I aim for all three, but only really achieve 1 and 3. Wink
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My B-day died long ago Sad
pt0510

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

f0rd wrote:
i played 5 games, you played 9

Owned! Laughing
pt0510

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the Speed Freaks Challenge official tournaments on birthday have had a great impact.

pac

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

While I myself find it hard to do … we have to restrain ourselves from condemning coaches who have played within the rules of the site to build these teams. There are lots of measures that could be taken to ensure that doing this is more difficult.

First of all (and this really is a must, as without it Ranked's reputation will struggle to go on surviving), never offer such extreme gifts on the birthday again.

Also requirements could be made of teams wanting to enter Majors, for example, that they had played a certain number of matches within the last 3 months. (I know, if this was done manually, it would be a horrible task to go through hundreds of teams. But don't tell me no one here is up writing a script that could do this automatically.)

In other words, we need to focus on pressing for measures to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future, and perhaps on measures to minimise the effects in the present. If we concentrate on attacking people for doing something entirely legal this will end up sounding like a fouling/stalling thread. Wink
PainState

Post 9 Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Brain locked. Sorry
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Majority of us know about Lewdgrip and Alibaba but the big question is this: How many more coaches are out there hiding in the weeds waiting to make their grand entrance into the Fumbbl and hearing all the moaning and lamentations? 10, 20 50+ who knows, we will have to wait and see I quess.

Nope craftburn played the most at 49 and they were mostly 1-1 games.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

what I meant by 10, 20 50+ is the number of coaches who have B-Day teams ready to go for the Fumbbl, not the number of games they played on the B-day.