34 coaches online • Server time: 13:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Royston

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow the client looks really good. I love how it shows the dice rolls needed for success, this'll improve my game no end as I'll be able to see how stupid my action attempts are beforehand.

I presume that the 3 new lrb6 teams will be able to be implemented as the only problem (as far as I am aware) was the differences between lrb4/lrb5 Very Long Legs. Might be a big assumption though.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit: Never mind.

Last edited by RandomOracle on %b %11, %2009 - %18:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

may? awww Sad ... isn't there a way we can test it right away when you are on vacation?.. this way you would have way more data once you are back...
Barre

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Royston wrote:
Wow the client looks really good. I love how it shows the dice rolls needed for success, this'll improve my game no end as I'll be able to see how stupid my action attempts are beforehand.

I certainly hope this does not stay in the client, know what you have to roll is half the skill of moving a player.. "whoops forget about prehensile tail did you... bad luck!"
kn00b

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

How does the client handle inducements?
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Barre wrote:
Royston wrote:

I certainly hope this does not stay in the client, know what you have to roll is half the skill of moving a player.. "whoops forget about prehensile tail did you... bad luck!"

I agree, but perhaps it will be a useful feature for the "Academy" division.

Oscar Wilde
Antonio

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, congratulations...you definitively ruined my chances of graduating this summer:)

And now the question: there will ever be a chance of seeing an implementation of stuff like dungeonbowl, streetbowl and so on? (obviously after all the "normal" stuff is completed)

Thanks
Optihut

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great! Nice work.
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Barre wrote:
Royston wrote:

Agreed for sure.

But you made up the reasons to fight
BroadAsImLong

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Will we be able to turn off custom icons for other teams in case someone mis-icons players?
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Q: <Thomcat> Is it only the standard sized Pitch and Icons that can be used ? or can the much better looking large pitch+ Icons usable?

A: It's only standard size for now, but I do realize the need for larger fields and icons for those that have higher resolution screens. Unfortunately I for myself have only 1024x768 screens on my 2 laptops and that's what I'm using to develop atm. So this is probably not the very next feature that will make it into the client, sorry.

Last edited by Kalimar on %b %11, %2009 - %19:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work kalimar.

I take it that you are looking at probally early next year for it to be "up and Running" and out of testing phase?

Fumbbl Birthday gift?

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Q: <kn00b> How does the client handle inducements?

A: Answered before. Inducements are not handled yet. There is a concept for it, though. The inducement phase closely follows the rulebook (treasure to petty cash, buy inducements in order of higher TV first, etc.). All done within the client.

Q: <Antonio> There will ever be a chance of seeing an implementation of stuff like dungeonbowl, streetbowl and so on? (obviously after all the "normal" stuff is completed)

A: To be completely honest: not really. There are too many other things to be done first. Proper implement LRB5, then LRB4 and LRB6.

Q: <BroadAsImLong> Will we be able to turn off custom icons for other teams in case someone mis-icons players?

A: Answered before. Yes, the user can switch in-game between team icons (custom icons), roster icons and abstract icons.

Q: <PainState> I take it that you are looking at probally early next year for it to be "up and Running" and out of testing phase? Fumbbl Birthday gift?

A: I hope so! Smile
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Barre wrote:
Royston wrote:

can't agree more with this comment...

there was a discussion some time ago about skijunkie's client and the inability to rewind for misclicks...something that came up during the discussion was people commenting about being able to take back a move because it's not optimal, like you can in table top...

the end result came to be that fumbbl has always been the "elite of blood bowl" or whatever you want to call it....in essence, skijunkie's client helps teach you how to be a better coach by forcing you to know what you're up against...the only assistance you get, per se, is the -2/1/2d block color guide when throwing a block or blitz...

i'm not sure how well the crutch of telling someone every target they need to make any action, in an environment outside of academy...that sort of function works perfect in [A], since that's what the division is designed for....

but when you get into ranked, faction, b, etc..you should know what you're doing by this point, and you shouldn't need the mathematical crutch to be able to perform...

also, kalimar...

kalimar wrote:
So you need a server to play a game, which can host X clients and games.

am i reading this right that there is a limit to how many games the server can host at a time, or is that not true?...if it is, what's the limitation?...however many the server can handle? code-enforced limit? etc etc

--j

ImageImage
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Barre wrote:
Royston wrote:

Tbh I really dont see the client doing the adding for you is going to turn coaches into master strategists...

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: