31 coaches online • Server time: 08:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Palorrin

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

As the Servitors met the Orcs are Best in the second round of the NWL Fringe conference, they expected another tough game.

Things started out looking well for the Servitors, as two of the eleven Orcs had come down with Morley's, an one was too ill to start. Despite that, the Orcs received the ball and proceeded to crush the Servitors in a drive down field. The tricks and razzle dazzle that served the Servitors so well against their last opponent proved futile and the Orcs scored easily. The ensuing kickoff left the Orcs in a good position following some blocking failures by the Servitors (as well as being able to ignore morley's). Kallas, the most agile player on the Servitors, made a desperation pass (inaccurately) into the Orcs' backfield. The Orcs' Ladush recovered but also bobbled a pass, allowing Shrike to steal the ball and escape, tying the score.

The second half began with a perfect defense by the Orcs, almost their entire team massed on the line of scrimmage. Despite the pressure, the Servitors manage to knock over most of the people on one side. This was quickly countered when the Orcs crushed and penetrated the opposite side. Once again Kallas attempted to throw his way out of a rough situation, only to have the ball picked off by Preng. Krogdish moved to free Preng from the zombie Logan's reach, but was KO'd by Logan instead. Logan then KO'd Preng as well, allowing Kallas to finally complete a pass to Shrike. The Orcs countered by bringing Shrike down and recovering the ball in their own backfield. Lurag successfully delivered the ball to Ruinea, the Orcs' thrower just couldn't hang on to the ball. Saltoras stole it and also botched a pass to Shrike. Lurag recovered, making another successful pass, only to see Ruinea drop it AGAIN. Saltoras stole the ball once more, shortly handing it off to Shrike who ran in for the final score.

A tough game for Fangbanger who clearly had me on the ropes several times when Nuffle would declare that ill fortune would befall his team, allowing the Servitors to escape. Several key (and according to probability likely successful) actions failed for him, even with re-rolls. There's not much one can do against Nuffle's will.

Orcs are Best 1 - 2 Servitors
screech

Post   Posted: May 28, 2010 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

HEY YOU GUYS!
Congratulation to everybody for completing their first round games this season.
This is a marked improvement from last season, y'all make me so proud *sniff*....sorry I got to go...*sniff*.. got something in my eye.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2010 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, this flavor text is great. I think Tomb has something against JohnnyRyce, but that's the liberal-flesheating bias for you.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2010 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the deadline for week 2 games?
xyon

Post   Posted: May 31, 2010 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

the third
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL ROCKED BY SCANDAL!!!

Good evening, sports fans! I'm Tomb Brokejaw, and here is the Spurting Newz! This just in, over the Memorial Day Holiday, the NWL is rocked by scandal. In the Premier Division, accountants for the NWL Steel Workers Union (you know overtime is not allowed!) finally work the numbers and realize they didn't actually deserve to be promoted into the Premier. As it turns out, they were much closer to relegation back to Fringe, but with the mass exodus following NWL Season XVI, the Union found themselves literally tossed to the Waaagh! Although Union fans across the old world rejoiced at the chance (remote as it may be) to see their team play for the championship trophy. When asked what he thought of the promotion one fan exclaimed "You gotta be in it to Win it!" indeed you do.

Several other parties involved with the Union, however, claim that there has been a conspiracy to undermine the development of such a promising Bloodbowl squad. When asked for comment, the Union spokesperson said "Team Staff are reviewing their options including but limited to withdrawal from the NWL, entirely, but although that is a worst case scenario, it has not been ruled out."

Union Boss, Fangbanger, in a press conference before his match with Ice Nine had this to say; What the *Bleep* was the *bleeping* NWL Staff *bleeping* thinking when they *Bleeping* promoted my *bleep*forsaken team into the *Bleep*-damned *Bleeping* *bleep* *Bleep* Premier? *Bleeping* *Bleeeeeeeeeeeeep*

[Stunned Silence]

Well, in related News, I would like to commend our Censoring service, Bleeping Bleep, Inc. on a job well done.

Also, I'd like to take a moment to mention our sponsors TufSkin Spray, by Cramer.

"Spray some Tufskin on it!"

And now on to our Round 2 Recap

Premier Division Round 2 Summary

Premiere Kitties vs. Cherorkee Waaagh Kownshul GAME NOT PLAYED YET

Next week: Kitties vs. NWL Union, Waaagh vs. Nufflucked

NWL Steel workers union 1 vs. Ice Nine 2
Amid the shocking scandal the union entered this game a bit distracted. They gave their all and gave better than they received, suffering no long term damage despite dropping the game 2-1 they did have a late chance to tie but failed in the effort. Lord Kelvin continued to dominate, if the rest of the team gels, Ice Nine is a serious contender. Hobgoblin, Chilly Reception, who appeared to suffer a minor injury is likely to miss the next game and who's budding career now seems in jeopardy.
Next week: Union vs. Kitties, Nine vs. Valar Quendi

Valar Quendi vs. Nufflucked GAME NOT PLAYED YET
Next week: Valar Quendi vs. Ice Nine , Nufflucked vs. Cherorkee Waaagh Kownshul

Premier Division Round 3 Predictions

Premiere Kitties vs. NWL Steel workers union
There is no love lost between elves and dwarves, This full-rostered Elf team will struggle under this severely handicapped match up. The dwarves don't lose much by being underrated in this one and it will come down to coaching, which, after being raddled by the Premier-doping scandal last week, the edge probably goes to Mully. Again, I see a close one.

Valar Quendi vs. Ice Nine
Valar Quendi is struggling. Having back to back matches vs. Chaos Dwarves is not helping. They will have their hands full with the Chaos Dwarves and Lord Kelvin of Ice Nine. Although the agility of the elves reaches super-human proportions, there is not enough roster to keep enough bodies on the pitch. Coaching will play a huge factor in this one, but I give the edge to Ice Nine anyway, ha! you see what i did there, ahem... anyway I'll call 2-1 in a close game.

Nufflucked vs. Cherorkee Waaagh Kownshul
This game should be the big one to watch as the returning champs play the #2 team from Season XVI. In a 5 game season this one could be key to who is challenging for the title, and who is relegated to playing spoiler. Believe me when I tell you both coaches will be "All-in" for this match up!

Veteran Division Round 2 Recap

FaithFul Rot 0 vs. Dinosaurs Ate My Baby! 3
Rotters just couldnt get things rolling. Dinos run to an easy win. Interesting note to this game, is that 2 of 3 TDs scored by Sauri. Bishop Pussbearer is silent after his Sermon of pain last week we were expecting more from him.
Symbol of Luck got an INT?

Next week: DAMB faces BSB, ROT vs. Dragons

Denton Stompers 0 vs. Northern Spikes 2
The Shambling undead proved just a little too stiff to contain the agility of the Spikes. However they continue to build. The Spikes were led by Troy and Skinny D who combined for 2 comps, 2 TDs and the games only Casualty.

Next week: Stompers face the Gauntlets and the Spikes face the Muggers.

Altmer Dragons vs. Blood Sea Buccaneer's DNP yet.

Next week: Dragons vs. Faithful Rot, Bucs vs. Dinos.

Goliad Gauntlets 2 vs. Looeyville Muggers 1
The Gauntlets bested a revitalized albeit still wolfless Muggers squad. This game pitting the two teams that turned down a double-promotion from Fringe to Premier was fairly one-sided and pretty mild. The Special Froces of the Gauntlets operating like a well-oiled machine, with stats being evenly distributed around, 2 comps, 2 TDs, 2 CAS.

Next week: Gauntlets vs. Stompers | Muggers vs. Spikes

Round 3 Predictions

Faithful Rot vs. Altmer Dragons
The Dragons continue to roll. I dont see them having a problem out-scoring the shambling Rotters, but is there a Nurgle convert within the Dragons Roster?

Denton Stompers vs. Goliad Guantlets
The Undead are due an upset win, however, I dont think this is it. The gauntlets continue their win-streak.

Norther Spikes vs. Looeyville Muggers
The Spikes also continue their win-streak with a win vs. the Muggers however, with their new Wolf, they can be a threat to tie late in the game.

Dinosaurs Ate My Baby! vs. Blood Sea Buccaneer's
I feel like this one may be a tie. It'll come down more to Casualties, Stalling, strategic fouling. I think this one is the Vet game to watch as both teams are solid, and well-coached.

POTW (player of the week)
Goes to Faithful Rot's Image Rotter - Symbol of Luck for his INT in their 3-0 loss to Dinos Ate My Baby!

Johnny_Ryce

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2010 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

AWESOME. I really love these Tomb Brokejaw press releases. You know what Coach Ryce thinks of these eaters-of-liberal-minded-media-types. Gross. Keep up the good work. I am inspired to eventually improve my own game match summaries.

Eventually.

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2010 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

where can I get some of that tuff skin? i might need a case of it before this season ends
fang

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2010 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

fangbanger wrote:
where can I get some of that tuff skin? i might need a case of it before this season ends

they sell it in cases over at BrawlMart

i think there was a coupon in the last issue of the GLN

prophane

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2010 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i think i found the new, rising journalistic star for the NWL fringe scene...

introducing the newest team member from the Channel 4 News Team...

Scary Splatshaw

Palorrin

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2010 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

In the third round of the NWL Fringe Division, the Servitors met up with the battered Naggaroth FC. The Dark Elves had three missing players and many more with lingering injuries. Despite that, Naggaroth FC took the field anyways, bravely facing the on the up Servitors.

The game started with a perfect defensive set up as the Servitors kicked to Naggaroth FC. Out "manned" 9 to 11, the elves quickly attempted to penetrate the wall of flesh the Servitors had put on the line of scrimmage. Oneex tried to get past, but was tripped up and injured himself. The Servitors quickly took advantage, KO'ing Tyrox, Injuring Ekrel, and surrounding most of the elves as Shrike recovered the ball. The elves KO'd Shrike in response, only to have Saltoras steal the ball from them and escape. While trying to get in on the action, the elves' Ralor tripped while sprinting and injured himself as well. Saltoras dodged away to score. Now facing only 5 elves, the Servitors packed the line of scrimmage to prepare to assault the remainder of Naggaroth FC. With the kick landing so close to the scrimmage line, there was an immediate struggle for the ball which eventually ended up in the zombie Logan's hands. He successfully handed the ball to the golem Baylor, only to see Baylor trip and injure himself during a sprint! (Baylor did manage to pull himself together to be ready for the next kickoff.) The elves' Neri managed to get to the ball first and attempted to lob it downfield and away from the Servitors' ball handlers. However, the zombie Yorgen was on the scene for the Servitors and somehow managed to intercept Neri's throw! The Servitors swatted aside the remaining elves (including KO'ing Cazak for the rest of the game.) allowing Yorgen to lurch in for the score as time ran out.

The second half opened and things looked desperate for Naggaroth FC. Starting only 4 players now, they kicked to the Servitors. The Servitors quickly mobbed 3 elves and made moves to tie up the last when ball handling issues became an issue that would not soon go away. As elves would escape entrapment from time to time, they pressured the Servitors to get a move on, which only caused more dropped balls. Finally the Servitors got their act together and Shrike went in for the score. Again mobbing the elves into submission, the Servitors drove toward the ball, eventually knocking it out of Neri's hands. Neri recovered, but botched the pass to the open Irsaf. The Servitors' Kallas recovered but the handoff was dropped by Shrike. Finally Tyrox successfully threw the ball to Israf to try a last second score, but Israf also bobbled the ball, ending the game with a 3-0 victory for the Servitors.

DexWarmonger played a gritty and determined game, despite the horrendous luck in the first half. If he had taken those casualties late instead of early, things could quite easily have gone much differently. Even so, he gave it his all, and fought to the end!
prophane

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2010 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

the St Louis Hams press onward toward 100.... and manage to snag a WIN along the way!

Coach prophane was stunned that the Hams were able to pull off even a heavy handed victory against teh Odessa Fastballs coached by the ever difficult Crimsonwolf.

The 2-0 victory will hopefully put the Hams in a better position for their next round opponents... Shellshock North

Hams 2 vs 0 Odessa Fastballs

prophane

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2010 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL Round 3 Veteran Division

Looeyville Muggers 1 - 2 Northern Spikes

The Northern Spikes aptly coached by Jasfmpgh take a surprising position of domination early in the game with commanding field position and the cold blooded murder of #98 Zach Killin The foul greenskins manage to move the ball to the endzone but stall out for most of the first half before scoring, though the undead from Looeyville kept pressing the ball carrier, even managing to send several Orcs off the field.

The second half started with the Looeyville Muggers easily scoring, but coach prophane's decision to score quickly wound up being their undoing as the Spikes were able to quickly recover and make one final drive to the endzone.

Lessons learned. Good game. Time to save for a new Fleshie.

Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2010 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

*** Did you know...
Tomb Brokejaw news flashes always contain a link to each game's results that he reports on so that the reader can check out any Match Reports written by the coaches involved.

Last edited by Da_Todfatha on %b %06, %2010 - %04:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2010 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

bah double post, I'll make up another one!

***Did you know...
Da_Todfatha likes Orcs so much he has a full team (including OOP minis) painted in Pain State home and away colors. He claims it was necessary due to his color-blindness, now he will play whichever uniform contrasts most with his opponent's paint scheme!

Jump to: