39 coaches online • Server time: 15:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

And there's quite a few new players who've only played in FFB. Deleting all their teams or transferring them to some graveyard League division wouldn't really be a big draw, especially as there's still no deadline for the client going "official".

I think there's the same issue hanging over the Cyanide game right now. There'll be a new edition sometime in the near or far future so all the teams in the current edition have a definite shelf life after which they will have to be thrown out. And developing teams is a lot of fun. Playing one off type FFB games without a chance for long or at least medium term development gets old pretty quickly.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think there is enough reason to delete them. Sure they might have gotten a little advantage during the test stage but not that much I'd say. And even then if it has been too much of an advantage they could always be moved to the league division where the rules aren't that strict anyway instead of being deleted.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:

Since LRB4 teams get converted, the new division is already going to be filled with older teams.

Could somebody clear this point up? People seem to work with pretty different assumptions here.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ullakkomorko wrote:
And there's quite a few new players who've only played in FFB. Deleting all their teams or transferring them to some graveyard League division wouldn't really be a big draw, especially as there's still no deadline for the client going "official"

This is the best arguement and how I feel too. I have seen a big influx of new coaches recently and I think if all their teams were deleted I fear they may never come back. A lot of these coaches may not be aware that the client is still in testing phase or that this is a possibility despite there being warnings everywhere.

I can't think of any good reason why we shouldn't be able to keep them especially when we know the old LRB4 teams are going to be allowed to stay.

Yes the vamps may have had an unfair advantage as they did not have blood lust for a while but the skills they have got are not illegal so it isn't really that big an issue.
Barre

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 keep teams as is, to the slight advantage some teams have from missing nega-traits pales compared to the amount of advantage from converting ranked teams over (Khemri mummies with block, etc).
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Shraaaag wrote:

Since LRB4 teams get converted, the new division is already going to be filled with older teams.

Could somebody clear this point up? People seem to work with pretty different assumptions here.

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer the new competitive division starting from scratch, but reading threads such as:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18972
kinda implies that they get the option to convert (I even was on IRC when Christer said as much) and enter new major tournaments.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup I was on too when this was implied. I would also have prefered everything to be restarted too. Keep your team names and history (wins losses etc) but restart the team. But since this isnt going to happen we might as well be able to keep the ffb teams. There isn't really any good reason not too. If people are still going to be able to use Ogre teams with 12 Ogres and Khemri with their 4 mummies with block etc.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not too interested in keeping the team, even though I have a Str 4 Gutter Runner.

I would however like to be able to re-use the team name, names like 'Blade Runner' are not easy to find!
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
I would however like to be able to re-use the team name, names like 'Blade Runner' are not easy to find!

What a good suggestion! I race you to it if the teams are deleted! Wink

Oscar Wilde
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer the new competitive division starting from scratch, but reading threads such as:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18972
kinda implies that they get the option to convert (I even was on IRC when Christer said as much) and enter new major tournaments.

I was already referencing this thread on page 1.
Woodstock wrote:
Afaik all the teams will be deleted/reset once the client is finished. This has always been the idea and has been said before.

I think if the teams are transferred from LRB4 with 12 ogres and such, birthday teams, this discussion really makes no sense. And I doubt christer would delete the LRB6 teams and bring LRB4 teams in.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I have heard Christer saying that he wouldn't want test-teams to compete against competative teams, but i think that as the ffb-division have grown and the client have been developed to be really playable.
FFB have became a real comptetative division in the same way as ranked.

I would like to keep my ffb-teams, as other people have said, i don't think they are worse than the LRB4-teams when it comes to cheatyness.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:

What a good suggestion! I race you to it if the teams are deleted! Wink

I think even that would be better than the name being lost to the archives.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO everything should be reset or nothing in the new ranked FFB.

Blackbox is different, in that a full reset seems like a fairer move.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If I had the magic wand; I'd start the FFB competitive division from scratch and bump test teams to [L].

However, if LRB4 teams are going to be allowed to come over (I've no issue with this by the way - if a coach wants to spend a few weeks turning over players to get the skills fixed up and generally be less competitive as a result for a period of time to retain his team history; all power to you, enjoy Inducements!), I see no reason why test teams shouldn't survive.

Personally, I've no love nor attachment for any team I run bar one, and that's in [L], so I'll be resetting everything I have when FFB goes live for real.
RC

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I just recently started playing in ffb but that doesn't mean that I haven't grown attached to my players. Would hate to see such an awsome thrower go away: http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7644878 , so please keep the teams alive.