30 coaches online • Server time: 12:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well....

The pop up says you win X amount of gold.

Right under the box it has a button that says do you want to reroll your winnings.

Seems really straight forward and to me. No having to worry about trying to figure out a yes/no double button option. Now if you are a click a holic...well then no matter what the button(s) say, you are screwed.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Well....

Right under the box it has a button that says do you want to reroll your winnings.

Seems really straight forward and to me. No having to worry about trying to figure out a yes/no double button option. Now if you are a click a holic...well then no matter what the button(s) say, you are screwed.

What do you click if you don't want to reroll then? Just close the window? That's still a click, and even less intuitive.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Just please include the result of the roll (without modifiers) into the message box. Amount of winnings could be misleading. At least you are rerolling dice and not winnings.

(Winnings cannot roll very good. I know, dice don't roll either, but better than winnings)

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like a Fame popup as well. I always just play and then have to scroll up to see if I've been lucky or not on a kickoff result.

Just me?
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo, if you go into the game statistics you can see the fame level (and total number of fans attending). Although it would be nice for it to be indicated somewhere a lot more visible. Then again i was never even convinced that cyanide had even implemented fame.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, yes you can, but it's just an ease of experience thing. Not a big deal, but even so.

Let's not compare Kalimar's glorious work to Cyanide, anyway. Wink
Sinner

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Who is this Cyanide anyways??

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep/reroll sounds good!
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
PainState wrote:
Well....

What do you click if you don't want to reroll then? Just close the window? That's still a click, and even less intuitive.

Yes and as I understand it - from an episode in #fumbblffb if the coach just closed the window - then the game is not ended and will not upload.

So there has to be a yes/no or Keep/reroll option.

And I completely agree with the Norwegian here - the rephrasing of the buttoms would make it all easier to understand. Especially since we actually have quite a few coaches who speak very poor english. And they should really get the same chance of making the right choice as the rest of us.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

same

I clicked yes thinking it would be to keep. I was wrong. Mystupid, but apparently not mine alone

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
PainState wrote:
Well....

Okay how about a box that says "Do you want to keep this result or re-roll it? 1 click for yes and 2 clicks for no".

Problem solved.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

zombificus wrote:
Shraaaag wrote:
PainState wrote:
Well....

Okay how about a box that says "Do you want to keep this result or re-roll it? 1 click for yes and 2 clicks for no".

Problem solved.

How about one button with the amount of gold you rolled (say, 40,000) and the other showing the potential roll you'd be making (for instance, 1d6+1 x 10,000).
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
zombificus wrote:
Shraaaag wrote:
PainState wrote:
Well....

Problem solved.

How about one button with the amount of gold you rolled (say, 40,000) and the other showing the potential roll you'd be making (for instance, 1d6+1 x 10,000).

Best idea so far...got my vote.