84 coaches online • Server time: 21:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think av comes into the equasion too. At AV 8 I think it's a toss up. At AV 7, I'd generally go with dodge. If you go with dodge, then you have to keep to it.

Look at lrb 4 norse and zons at higher TR. Zons are significantly better, this is because they have blodge across the board. Apart from this, the teams development is quite similar.

Saying all this, I did develop a high dodge norse team at high TR. 8 or 9 blodgers. It didn't work out, however I think that was more to bad luck than anything else.

As a large blodging unit, they were extremely aggressive; more so than when running with a few killer blitzers. Dodge has many subtle affects on a team across the board.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Not many ST 4s and 5s ever get tackle.

True and I think there is a case to be argued if using skaven for example, although I would just ignore doubles with them in this crappy rule set. But humans are in a world of trouble against dwarfs orcs, Norse, zons and CDs if they take dodge over guard imo.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
But humans are in a world of trouble against dwarfs orcs, Norse, zons and CDs if they take dodge over guard imo.

I disagree with this big time. Humans have problems with those teams because Orcs, Dorf and CD have MB on all their guys. Forget about the guard, its the MB that gives humans "issues".

Bring on the zons and Norse. Zons and Norse do not have access to MB/guard on ALL of their players.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

No but Norse have higher St better starting skills and generally have multiple tacklers zons also tend to have a few tacklers have equal st and all their doubles are always guard. With orcs and dwarves they will out st and out guard you and have a lot of tackle you need that extra guard ao you can compete in the block war for at least a few turns before you break away. Dodge gets less and less useful the higher the tv goes. Guard doesn't.
 Jump to: