27 coaches online • Server time: 07:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd love that after the game, the specs could chat with the players.

That, and that the chatroom doesn't close after one of the players closes the client. With the replay capability we could get really nice reviews of the game from a number of points of view, or just idle chit-chat with people you wouldn't normally talk to.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Woodstock wrote:
It was a bannable offensive if you got caught yes.

I never knew that!!

Really, PMG admitted to doing it in a Major, yet no action was ever taken against him.
HLY

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I spec multiple games, and I'm mentioning no names whatsoever
Foad

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

I never knew that!!

Really, PMG admitted to doing it in a Major, yet no action was ever taken against him.

I'll admit to doing it regularly in SWL games - and I did this in front of Longshanks, Laviak and Harvestmouse.

Sure, people bagged me for it, but I just loved replying as a player to a spectator when I got booed.

It's not mentioned anywhere in the FUMBBL rules that it was outlawed apart from:
Preamble wrote:

The FUMBBL administration's interpretation of the rules is the one that counts.
The administration reserves the right to overrule anything listed here in any specific case if deemed appropriate.

So a question going forward - Is it outside the FUMBBL rules to have a friend spectating - and discussing with him in IRC what is being said by the other spectators?

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Chavo wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

I never knew that!!

I'll admit to doing it regularly in SWL games - and I did this in front of Longshanks, Laviak and Harvestmouse.

Sure, people bagged me for it, but I just loved replying as a player to a spectator when I got booed.

It's not mentioned anywhere in the FUMBBL rules that it was outlawed apart from:
Preamble wrote:

The FUMBBL administration's interpretation of the rules is the one that counts.
The administration reserves the right to overrule anything listed here in any specific case if deemed appropriate.

So a question going forward - Is it outside the FUMBBL rules to have a friend spectating - and discussing with him in IRC what is being said by the other spectators?

Yes, but I didn't know it was a rule........should have seen what the guys were saying about you in the 'non-chavo' irc room though!

"So a question going forward - Is it outside the FUMBBL rules to have a friend spectating - and discussing with him in IRC what is being said by the other spectators?"

Yes of course, this is coaching.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

It's not mentioned anywhere in the FUMBBL rules

I dunno. But I have very vivid memories of the angie incident where people would pretend to be someone else than they actually were and then would be talking crap. The client explicitly forbids the communication between the players and the spectators. So, of course if you join your own game as spectator you do it under false pretences.
Foad

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Yes, but I didn't know it was a rule........should have seen what the guys were saying about you in the 'non-chavo' irc room though!

lol - I did.. Smile

harvestmouse wrote:
"So a question going forward - Is it outside the FUMBBL rules to have a friend spectating - and discussing with him in IRC what is being said by the other spectators?"

Yes of course, this is coaching.

Coaching isn't covered in the FUMBBL rules (OK, it is now that I've been directly told by you and Woody, but just sayin'...).

I remember a game that was tied at 1-1 with me to receive with skaven on T16. There were various boos and cheers until my opponent set up a half decent OTT defence.

Is this coaching?

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Do not discuss in game events, is a rule.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'd like to be able to see a transcript afterwards (with timeline to lay aside replay). Coaching is bad, but feedback is good.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
i'd love that after the game, the specs could chat with the players.

That, and that the chatroom doesn't close after one of the players closes the client. With the replay capability we could get really nice reviews of the game from a number of points of view, or just idle chit-chat with people you wouldn't normally talk to.

good ideas, that! will look into this...
Russo

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Would be fun if there was an 'allow spectators chat' option and if both coaches allowed it the chat would become open to read for all.

Shocked Do you not know how many of my games pythrr watches.....why would I want to suffer so?

Seriously though I think its a baaad idea. irc is where any friendly banter between specs and coaches should be. a la OBBA and WIL etc

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh, there is no hope for you Russo.

Serious, like.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I always wondered, how is it that if a spectator leaves after the game is over you can see his name, but not if he leaves doing the match.

Is there a reason for this?

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Please allow spectators to chat with players, I'll finally be able to preach the Pony gospel during games Smile
 Jump to: