20 coaches online • Server time: 05:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
I wonder, does frenzy works with stab?

I think in the rule it does.
Don't know if the client allows it though.
Assassin are still rubbish anyway.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it cant work with it, as I see it as a replacement effect. Whenever you roll a push (no push rolled on a stab attempt), then you can block again.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess your argument is that your hitting him and fail to break av so he's still standing so hit him again...

When you stab instead of blocking, there are no block dice rolled so i don't see how frenzy applies -- you couldn't roll a pushback or follow-up. Just remaining next to someone on a frenzy block is not enough to allow a second block -- e.g. bothdown result when both have block skill.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure they don't work together. But there is at least one player with Frenzy and Stab: Hugo!. So you could probably check.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=25226

Frenzy + stab can be combined. Of course, you have to throw a regular block first, and you can decide to stab or block a 2nd time when frenzy kicks in.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Stab takes place of a block but is not a block. Frenzy only works with a block and only takes effect from a push result on the block dice.

Thanks for that insightful info BiBi. I never considered hitting with Frenzy stabber first and then stabbing in place of a next shot. It makes the assassin a bit better.

Jeffro
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

A little bit better than crap is still crap. Wink
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

A multiblocking assassin is pretty awesome.

Jeffro
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
Hilarious last few posts Very Happy

FUMBBL diplomacy at its finest.

It's nothing to do with diplomacy. More urgency. I wasn't being terse. He wouldn't have posted it, if he thought there was a problem.

Just site survival, that's all.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Also note that if you need to blitz something (a ball carrier for example) with a Frenzy guy who would get into massive trouble on the second block, you can run a little extra and block on the second GFI to stop Frenzy from working afterwards.

Forget about that. Odds with GFIs are a lot worse than most things that could happen on a bad follow-up block. There are probably still situation where my idea works, but they are certainly rare and very specific.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
A multiblocking assassin is pretty awesome.

Depends on your definition of awesome. If by awesome you mean "great fluff great fun" then yeah. If by awesome you mean "your team is better off with him than without him" then nope.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

A blodge, multiblock assassin could be great fun against a side with low av lacking tackle.. Not exactly an every match occurrence for most teams, but a nice option for pickers.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
A blodge, multiblock assassin could be great fun against a side with low av lacking tackle.. Not exactly an every match occurrence for most teams, but a nice option for pickers.

Like this?

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Stabbing on a blitz action does indeed need a point of MA for the blitz. I think Zara slipped on a GFI for the rescuing stab once in one of my games... Plus: If it wasn't that way, a Stab blitz would have further reach than a blitz action used to block - that would be pretty wrong (unless the assassin throws his knife, but then it should be gone...).

Edit:
notbobby125 wrote:
Also notable, a second Frenzy block also counts as movement, so avoid making GFI blitzes with Frenzy players unless doing so is essential to victory.

Also note that if you need to blitz something (a ball carrier for example) with a Frenzy guy who would get into massive trouble on the second block, you can run a little extra and block on the second GFI to stop Frenzy from working afterwards.

Hmmm... An Assassin THROWING the knife!?!?! That is a GREAT idea and would make it worthwhile to use an Assassin.
Have it count as the PASS for the turn... give the Assassin access to Passing Skills maybe... and of course once the knife is thrown it is gone for the rest of the drive AND maybe it risks the Assassin from being ejected (because supposedly he sneaks the knife onto the field and throwing it would draw the attention of the Ref).
You have stumbled onto something.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Like this?

Yes indeed. I couldn't remember if he had one but was the exact person who I thought would.
 Jump to: