39 coaches online • Server time: 15:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:

However, on the plus side, it'd be easier to (sort of) use the Leeg specific inducement costs by adding cash. Or at least, I seem to recall that adding cash is one of the things you can do in test games. I could be wrong.

I don't believe you can. I think we did add some cash to some teams, but that was an admin feature not a division feature. Again, you might be right and I might be wrong.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
SirIndigo wrote:
Alright, who wants to join a league on test division where you all have stunty leeg teams and I use dwarfs?

It kinda happened, ask Balle2000 about it (if he remembers).

Actually, over in #swl we've been asking ourselves if the Black Rose Tavern League, or similar, will starting up again.

harvestmouse wrote:
Would you like that sort of freedom removed so that they could do official tournaments? I know I wouldn't.

Ideally? No. But I appreciate that site dev time is limited, and executive decission have been made for [S]tunty.

But changes are coming up I guess.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %15, %2015 - %11:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
xnoelx wrote:

However, on the plus side, it'd be easier to (sort of) use the Leeg specific inducement costs by adding cash. Or at least, I seem to recall that adding cash is one of the things you can do in test games. I could be wrong.

I don't believe you can. I think we did add some cash to some teams, but that was an admin feature not a division feature. Again, you might be right and I might be wrong.

I think it was added during the round of testing for the last client update. But figured I'd just check to save us doubting ourselves back and forth. Seems you can:

"add inducement money - e.g. to give a team 2,000,000 to spend type /option freeInducementCash 2000000"

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmmm nah, maybe if fully Custom came around I'd be inspired to do something BRT again, but not now. I don't have the time and patience anymore.

I don't think it's an executive 'no'. It'd just take work to add the feature, and that feature would be a half assed bodge job, which is not Christer or Whatball. So it'd take a lot of work and thinking to 'maybe' find an answer, for something that doesn't have a lot of punters screaming for it.

So like a lot of features, better to do a big one that will cover it (fully custom league) than to arse around trying to wedge stunty in with it's custom rules, that might not work and few coaches would use.

That's my read on the situation. If it was an easy add, it would have been done.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2015 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
xnoelx wrote:

I think it was added during the round of testing for the last client update. But figured I'd just check to save us doubting ourselves back and forth. Seems you can:

"add inducement money - e.g. to give a team 2,000,000 to spend type /option freeInducementCash 2000000"

Good to know, and would certainly help with a stunty league. Maybe some free bribes for SW teams?

You could.........also run some teams with all linos and star players. That's something I've experimented with in the past, and it works well.
 Jump to: