16 coaches online • Server time: 02:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ix77

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

said this but ill say it again im game got the pm too thx
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I would suggest:
No cost of reroll, no cost of player, no inducement. As everybody is assumed to have a chance to draft the best player. At least i would assume we should not draft the most cost effective player, but the best one. So Tomb guardian should be drafted ahead of linewoman, arent they, ARENT THEY?

I would do inducements based on TV but no petty cash. I wouldn't say no cost for RR but five teams (effectively) unlimited gold. I would say you have to carry your 12 draft picks but can carry 0-4 Thralls. Give some element of team building.

With an apo available and a better team around them Tomb Guardians are pretty good in this league I'd say.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It is a completely different excercise:
- To select the best cost efficient team
- To select the best team no matter the cost
As big guys are featured in this draft (and generally they are crap if you consider their price) i would suggest the latter.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
As big guys are featured in this draft (and generally they are crap if you consider their price) i would suggest the latter.

No inducements means if a key player gets MNG or killed you're screwed if you need to rebuild.

Also, in L as opposed to the open divisions efficiency matters less without TV matching.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If there is no progression, then kill or mng are not an issue.

TV does matter in League too. Its worth is not in matchmaking, but in the opportunity cost of inducements. Which one would you prefer? Additional big guy, or a wizard?

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:

I'm still in and surely if there is no limits to cost then the best team for me would be 2 wardancers, Beast of nurgle 4 nurgle warriors, 4 gutter runners and the wood elf thrower(for the highest ma).

If no player limits or cost limit I'd want 12 wardancers :p

And you can't say they'd be op at low TV because with 2 RR apothecary and no skills they would be 1630 TV lol

Last edited by sheepycollins on %b %10, %2015 - %15:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

of course, so would everybody. But there will be very few if any wardancers, and draft will decide what you can get.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I was planning for a progression league.

Regarding big guy v. Wizard, depends on the team and the situation.

One option to "fix" the big guy issue would be to generate 20 more players to create a pool of 140, then only draft 120. That way people aren't obligated to draft any player in the latter rounds. Some people might like BG and take them. Some might prefer to not use them and keep a lower TV. The downside to that is that we won't have any flings in the league.

Or, as I said earlier I think the pool has too many big guys anyway (7 I think). We can easily adjust the numbers to minimize the number of big guys.

This is an early idea for a complex league and we have time to tweak.

The only things I'm firm in right now are

Draft from a pool of existing player types
Progression

Other than that, things like how the pool is determined, how much gold, inducements and petty cash and many other things are up for grabs.
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I know that I was just saying what my perfect team would be if I could mix rosters whilly nilly lol

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If there are still spots left i would love to participate too.

I wouldnt change the Players to reduce Big Guys. I would say lets leave it random. If you reduce BG you can make an argument for everything like more Wardancers or less Zmobies and so on.

How much time would we have to make a pick? Thats critical to know because im not able to follow it 24/7.

When a season is running (i know its just mock now, but anyways), you would just be allowed to get new Thralls as replacements right? And after the frist season, would there be a new draft so you can replace losses? If not you would be playing a Thrall only league after a few seasons.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for joining.

The player pool is a work in progress. We'll stick with this one for now

I'd say 24 hours for a pick at max. But if everyone takes 24 h the draft will take 4 months Sad

The season 2 and onward would depend on how much control we have over rosters. The two options I see are

1) you draft a slot not a single player. So if you draft a wardancer your roster now has 0-1 wardancers. So you can replace or retire if needed
2) if adjusting rosters between seasons is feasible we can run a rookie draft. This can either change the slots of your squad or if go with a no replacement policy it can fill your losses.
ritzi

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think we will draft 4 months. I can see the draft finished as soon as the first of march Wink.

Both options would be nice. But basically that would be two very different leagues.

The first option would guarantee a more stable league and it would make the first draft much more important.

But the secound Option would make the following seasons much more entertaining. And it might be easier to replace a owner.

Maybe something in between? For example you only draft the player and there is a rookie draft, but you are allowed to replace one drafted player/season?
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think, right now at least, I'm partial to drafting slots and allowing teams to replace injured players.

3 more to start the mock Smile

Interesting draft pool. Not a lot of block to start.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2015 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in Smile

Also, I really like the idea of drafting a positional slot onto your roster.
suttbutt

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2015 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in!