24 coaches online • Server time: 06:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2016 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You would have to create a team in the League division then apply to the 145 League with the team. I would probably enter the regular league to start with - you can apply the team to the higher TV league later on though and I would probably stick to the same race as long as you're enjoying how they play. Welcome!
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2016 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL. You could use teams made in league for a particular league for other games depending on the second league you join. Some want brand new teams. I'd recommend just one race to start

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2016 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Or if you want to check variety, you could start one agility race, one "bashy" race and one of something else.

Orcs/Undead maybe for Bashy

Dark Elfs might be easiest agility race (ag4 helps with handling the ball).

After learning bit of both you might get bit of an idea of what is your playstyle.. are you in contact, do you like to block a lot or just be on opponents way, how much positional play you want to play.. etc.. Later you might find race that suits you better.. or then you start to like large variety of races Smile

Dunno what the 3rd could be.. i wouldn't recommend stunty races to begin with (gobbo, halfling, Underworld, Ogres.. stay away from those unless you want to learn how to lose most of the games).

Maybe Norse or Amazons but be warned that armor 7 will break alot and ag3 might turn against you. But if they don't break, they might give you some victories. Frenzy on norse needs to be taken care of.

I would avoid Vampires too since they might be the hardest race to play with (but later when you know what you are doing and when vamps are developed they are also maybe the hardest team to play against..)
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2016 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
So 145 is alive?

I've heard many times that it's dead and then i hear it's alive (i have heard both front and back.. never took time to check what was really going on).

I used to suggest 145 to new coaches but somehow i didn't see they joining that very often..

I don't have time to join yet another league if it's 7 or 10 days rounds.. but if it's something that i could jump in and out i could join 145 to help new ones.

If that's not possible i'm doing this only with coaches outside of 145 (and if you confirm that it's alive, i will begin to recommend new coaches to join in it again) Smile

Yeah, totally still alive - Throweck and others (AkaRenton for sure) have revamped it look-wise and how it functions. Rookie coaches can participate in the general league, but there's tourney practice that mimics the formats on the rest of Fumbbl. From my count, currently around 25 coaches (not including helpers) so pretty active.

I would send Throweck a PM, and send the rookie coaches over too.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2016 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
So 145 is alive?

I've heard many times that it's dead and then i hear it's alive (i have heard both front and back.. never took time to check what was really going on).

I used to suggest 145 to new coaches but somehow i didn't see they joining that very often..

I don't have time to join yet another league if it's 7 or 10 days rounds.. but if it's something that i could jump in and out i could join 145 to help new ones.

If that's not possible i'm doing this only with coaches outside of 145 (and if you confirm that it's alive, i will begin to recommend new coaches to join in it again) Smile

It's more than active, it's thriving!!

It has it's own tournament scene now and exhibition matches with commentary. Check out my recent blogs.

T

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2016 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Second game, and I eked out a draw... but at the cost of another two dead players.

Cheers for the match, Awix!
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2016 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL dude Very Happy

Great to see someone straight away getting onto the forums and speaking to people. Also really good to see so many people responding with genuinely friendly and helpful comments.

Oh, and yes 145 Club is very much alive and the new tournaments content is already proving popular Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
 Jump to: