34 coaches online • Server time: 09:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

After reading through the origins of the Rotters maybe it would be a good idea to make this 'degenerate' for the whole team?

Just not Random then; first skill; nothing, second skill: -AV, third skill: -AG fourth skill: -MA Fifth skill; -AV again.

Just a thought; a degenerating team would be very much like the original fluff...

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

but unplayable... people complain about ageing which is random, now you want to make sure their players do decay... Smile

i think there should be something like ageing for decaying, but less violent... like on a 3- on 2D or something, but whatever the number of skills...

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmmm

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy In vault their is no aging
Abd decaying is in tune with the *rot* so imo something along those lines is needed,
As for player positions m0nty how about called the liner dudes *infected* or *the infected* or carrier, something related to plagues.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

/me makes fun of Jinxed Razz

Players can only get 5 skills under the vault rules so your 'aging' roll dosen't work + I like the idea of them just rotting away

You also forgot to add the beast to your roster.

The pestigors being rotters with horns is a bit overpowered too

Some nice ideas but i'd like to see the rotters being a bit more random in terms of their teams progression.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually would Pestigors be FAST Rotters with horns. But bear in mind that for this team no players has AG3, ball-handling will be difficult at times. (to put it mildly) Not to mention that Rotter teams are underpowered as it is.

The generic idea of some very tough beastmen, albeit slower ones with AG2 plus degenerating zombies is appealing to me. (sick huh?)

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think ya'll need to get away from a *NURGLE * chaos roster, sorry but it should be a bunch of things infected with the rot, not a nurgle aligned chaos roster, becasue then we will carry on getting the old, why dont we have khorne or xyz chaos power. The team should be permanently decaying imo,
Has anyone here watched anything rot? it gets worse not better Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

m0nty wrote:
The Vault forums are still borked, or at least they look borked to me.

I actually think it might be worthwhile looking at the possibility of giving Chaos, Skaven and Nurgle players the ability to take all Mutations on a normal roll. However, to make this balanced you would need to tone down the popular ones. Splitting FA would accomplish that. Claw would need to be reduced to +1 to AV, remembering that it is stackable with Mighty Blow. Tentacles would have to be toned down a bit too, perhaps instead of opposed ST rolls the Tentacle player's coach rolls a D6 and has to beat the victim's ST. Big Hand is a little powerful for a normal roll, and it overlaps now with Extra Arms... perhaps drop it.

That sounds like a very good direction to take Mutations...right now they're rare, overpowered and alienate a team who roll enough so that they can't regularly play low to average AV teams.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Dredging up the previous point about teams for each chaos power heres a link to the old citadel journal rules

http://www.bloodbowlcentral.com/daemon.html
Znail

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

That first version looks unplayable in league play due to the negatrait and no doc. The biggest disadvantage of Nurgle right now is the lack of doc and only 5 with regen in return. This team gets that and extra random losses when players gets skills.

The second option looks playable at least. But I dont think FA needs to be split up thou. So it would be better to make the team balanced without that change. One option would be to give the Rotters and the Zombies Regen instead of the reduced FA.

There will also be a new Chaos team it looks like as they want to change the old one into a Beastman team instead. The old chaos gods addition for Chaos looks somewhat interesting, maybe its a good idea to steap back to that some? Making a new Chaos team with the options of picking a chaos good wich would include nurgle would solve two teams at once.

CHAOS TEAM
0-16 Marauders 50'000 6 3 3 7 Block Gph
0-4 Warriors 100'000 5 4 3 9 GSph
0-1 Troll, Ogre or Minotaur (usual stats)

Chaos Undivided:
0-4 Beastmen (usual stats).

Nurgle:
0-4 Rotters (usual stats).
0-1 Beast of Nurgle(usual stats).
No Warriors.

Khorne:
Warriors get Frenzy but costs 110'000.

Slaanesh:
Warriors gets Hypnotic Gaze but costs 110'000.

Tzeentch:
Warriors gets Pro but costs 110'000.

I realy liked that old page with the Demon rules for Chaos teams. So it would be realy nice to use those, if the rules was fixed up a bit. Here are some suggestions for adding those to the list above:

Nurgle:
0-2 Plague Bearer 6 4 3 9 Foul Appearance, Regen, Stab, Secret Weapon.

Khorne:
0-2 Bloodletter 6 4 3 9 Block, Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Secret Weapon.

Slanesh:
0-2 Deamonette 6 3 4 9 Claw, Hypnotic Gaze, Secret Weapon.

Tzeentch:
0-2 Horror 6 3 3 9 Big Hand, Stunty,Regen, Secret Weapon.

No SPPs for them, costs I couldnt decide.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The chaos god rules have exactly zero chance of getting approved, they're too complex for the Vault. Galak is going to push for a Slaan team, but that won't be for a long time yet (2007-ish).

Giving the entire Nurgle team Regenerate makes them too good, especially in comparison to the Vault apothecary, and makes them too much like the undead variants. The fluff demands that Nurgle teams suffer high turnover, that's just the nature of the rotting disease the team is based on.
Znail

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I undertstand that the idea may be too complex, just wanted to give an idea that I liked myself. I guess making individual chaos gods teams works as well, it just takes a bit more effort.

High turnover is unplayable in league play so any team that must have high turnover due to fluff should be rethought. Teams should be balanced, no team should be intentionaly bad.

The fluf doesnt demand Nurgle to have high turnover either as followers of Nurgle are immune to the wasting effect of the diseases they carry. If high turnover is what is wanted, then the current version works fine.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Slightly off-topic: for those of you interested in the chaos gods, this might be entertaining.
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that other gods should have some sort of repersentation in bloodbowl, well for Khornate its another oppitunity to cause death and destruction. and the other two well ill leave that up to those more inclined towards them, but I think Khornate daemons and warriors would have a great intreset in bloodbowl

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn thats good stuff m0nty