15 coaches online • Server time: 03:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Brownrob do you really have a brother? or are you looking to gain acceptance for a possible off-shoot addicition? You talk of getting your brother hooked on a game you don't even play, sadly, I'm sure, you will have to pick up the game yourself in order to provide this "gateway game" to your brother. Wink

The mini's are similar to Bloodbowl minis to paint, you need some scenery but if you pick up the box set it comes with tons...

Oh and your maximum gang size is 20 minis I believe, that might be an old rule.

Good Luck, it's a great game.
Trekamp

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

It´s very good Rob, if you play it with friends, and not competitive. There are some calls which have to be based on judgement (hard cover, soft cover etc.), and if you´re playing competitive, that can completely ruin the game.

That said, the game is good, both for one-offs, but certainly also for campaigns.
You can handle low to high ranking gangs with max 10-14ish models, unless you play scavies, who must be GWs favourite race, since they require you to buy 20 plus models....

I wrote the rules used for the danish chamionship, so if you should have any rules questions or anything else, feel free to PM.

cheers

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I actually facied it a lot.
Fanatic magazine has lot of funny articles as well it is worth having a look.
But then you can download the rules from the website have a look at them
elvisdeadly

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
sounds good!

Now, now that I know the gameplay is good, what are the minis like, are they easy to paint, and do you need to make scenery and stuff? Very Happy

the minis arn't the best IMO but you can use anything you fancy the look of i'm converting mine to look the guys out of slipknot the possibilities are endless just find some suitable figs you like and use them as whatever 'house' you like the sound of. you may have to put in abit of work on the terrain coz the card stuff allthough plentyfull is a bit pants

'edit' just remembered get one of thoese laser pens exellent for line of sight you cant argue with a laser (mind your eyes tho)

Last edited by elvisdeadly on %b %03, %2005 - %14:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

In a campaign there are much more injuries than in bloodbowl. The career of my cawdor leader ended when he lost his 2nd eye Sad.
BTW: there is a LRB available for Necromunda, too.

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

elvisdeadly wrote:

'edit' just remembered get one of thoese laser pens exellent for line of sight you cant argue with a laser (mind your eyes tho)

well the hardware shop where i work part time are selling laser pointers that tell you the distance (to nearest mm!) and cost £300! Laughing Wink should stop any arguements, and if they dont agree i can just blind them Razz

Nah, Ive heard folk talk about necromunda, was wondering if they were looking through rose tinted glasses etc but im sure to like it if its like BB Wink
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I even liked it! Problem was.... this is Winnipeg, where there are 4 people who ever play war games who aren't "Beardy nerds". It's about the same on the pocketbook as BB (you WILL buy more minis, but you don't NEED to) Scenery is actually incredibly fun! Do me a favour and play an Orrus gang, for my sake! (I miss those guys, somtimes)

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Mac, how about I buy a gang, and come visit* you in Winnie-the-peg, and we can have a fight! Wink Razz

* Unfortunately my funds are low and brownrob cant afford to go to the cinema at this stage of the year!
elvisdeadly

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

300 QUID!!!!!!! i knew you irish had a good sense of humour but your shop is having a real good laugh

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=laser+pointers

check out e bay they are dirt cheap i seriously recommend these as the terrain is quite dense and nothing spoils a game like arguing over line of sight
Meech

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2005 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, a piece of string works great at determining line of site. That is a lot cheaper than a laser pointer too.

Edit: Oh yeah, Necromunda is a great game. When I played they had a weapon upgrade for a gun called "1 in a 100,000" gun. We had a player that would fudge rolls and had 2 of them. Someone playing him said "I guess those are 1 in 50,000 guns.
lamby16

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2005 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I was Van Saar - those guys were awesome! you only needed like 12 minis, you could basically paint them a blanket colour due to their space-suite like uniforms and they were incredibly cool fluff-wise. My gang was The Pythons, led by Monty of course Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2005 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

My flatmate always said that all the GW games in which you dont have to spend 46464£ or 87917€ are by rule better than those you have to spend tons of cash. Thats life!! Smile
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The Van Saars were very cheesy though. Having 20 gangers invent a bunch of stuff every game kinda spoils the campaign.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2005 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

elvisdeadly wrote:
300 QUID!!!!!!! i knew you irish had a good sense of humour but your shop is having a real good laugh

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=laser+pointers

check out e bay they are dirt cheap i seriously recommend these as the terrain is quite dense and nothing spoils a game like arguing over line of sight

Those may point, but not measure distance, too.
Zupa-Kino

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2005 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I could even supply you with a painted delaque gang.