42 coaches online • Server time: 10:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Biscuits or Cake?
Biscuits
19%
 19%  [ 23 ]
Cake
29%
 29%  [ 36 ]
Cocaine... or raisins!
51%
 51%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 121

Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2011 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I've used this nick for 13 years. It was first used for a goblin in a MUD. I wanted a nick that was unique at the same time easy to remember. The name is based on a tribe of goblins which gets their name from whatever their mother cries out when you get born. After that it kinda stuck, and I've used it ever since. Since it's not a great nick, I'm the only one using it, so if it pops up somewhere on the web, it's probably me.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2011 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine arose from a Speed Circuit league we had... My motto was "Win BIG or die trying!" (and my name obviously)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2011 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I was at a loss for a nick when I joined the site and this is the best I could come up with at the time. All I could remember about BB was that long ago when I had played the board game last I had a Dwarf team that won the league, mostly by avoiding the ball until the end when the field was clear enough to hobble down and score. Hence, What Ball?, which became WhatBall with no spaces and punctuation.
ruqakaal

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2011 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i was tired of thinking up names so i threw some random syllables together that "fit"
it got weird when it turned out they actually mean something in a few other languages
it also attracted an anti-spelling troll who hounded my early forum browsing years:(adamant i spell in american not english?)
i changed my nick a few times after that but then i went "screw it" i liked that name and went back and wore it as my mask once again

EDIT: found out my name means a group of death spells
among a few others:)

Last edited by ruqakaal on %b %14, %2011 - %01:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
lillian20101

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2011 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

from the land of the sun
Wraith

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2011 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

A nickname that I picked up while in the Army, I used to sneak up on people and startle them for fun (as most young men have strange ways of keeping entertained)... most of the time they had no idea that I was stalking them until I jumped out and startled them, hence the nickname.

Not really sure why I used this nickname, out of the numerous ones that people have given me over the years. I was 6'2" 200lbs in the 8th grade, so the other kids called me Ogre. I was called Warlock by football team-mates, because I used to paint my face as a skull and I have a morbid sense of humor. Guys called me Shrek on my flag football team. The HS kids that I coach call me Coach Viking (or did until I cut my hair) and one of the other coaches calls me Sasquatch. A guy in jiu-jitsu calls me Dinosaur, after some old western character. That's besides all the common terms people refer to me as... like monster, beast, Mongo, goon, etc...

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine (although lengthened for this forum) has no relevance to anything BB or GW or modelling or gaming in general... and instead owes everything to some randomer who thought it would be amusing to extract the urine by mocking my (at the time) straggly wispy beard-like-thing... at first for a few days I was mocked by the nick Bearded Dan, then I shaved and was mocked with "the artist formerly known as Bearded Dan" this proved to long a nickname for him to consistently use so he shortened it to "Aka; Squiggle", which was shortened by my friends to "Squig" as they also thought it amusing. Funny thing is 13 years on and I'm still introduced by my friends as Squig...
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I got my nick from the tv series 24, season 3. Ramon Salazar was the boss enemy. I don't like this nick now, but it is too late to change it.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2011 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Nickname in RL is Hass. Odd that on other sites "Hass" or some other version is either taken or my name is rejected entirely because it has the word "ass" in it. Seriously? What do guys named Dick do? (ya, I know, use a nick) But really, the level of censorship is oput of hand some places!

ANYWAYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

Last name is Hassler. First initial J.

I am a lil' piss'd cuz I don't think I would have chosen this nick but my bro signed me up for another local TT league BB site and used JHassler. After that, I figured all of the BB related sites I am a part of should have the same name for ease of use.

-Hass
 Jump to: