53 coaches online • Server time: 15:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2004 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

DIVISION ONE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Prince Regeants will battle the Blue Mountain Dragons for the Division 1 title this Sunday evening at approx 9pm. A win or a draw for the Regeants will see them promoted, a win for the Dragons will see them promoted...

BBTAB has Dragons $1.85, Regeants at $2.10 and a draw at $1.70

Get On!!
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

PUDDLE UPDATE

Hey guys

I have been a bit busy and we have been ahead in the games, but as of this week the puddle is getting back on track.

This means that both of the divisions will be playing 1 game per week, even though part 1 is ahead of part 2. I will can Twahn’s game this Sunday if it isn’t played and then I will be canning one round per week from then on. I would expect that Part 2 will do their best to catch up.

Also, I understand that people might not want to use their current teams because they suck or they had terrible luck. So because I want the puddle to be fun and crazy, I will let all players, if they want, replace their current team with a fresh tr 100 team. The race restrictions still apply, so you won’t be able to make a team that already have 2 of its kind in the comp, and I will encourage people to make one of the new races, but won’t enforce it.

So if you want to make a new team, let me know so that I can swap your new team in, you will lose all your points however, just to make it fair on the other teams.

ALSO, if you have decided that you don’t want to play one game per week (or two in the case of people with two teams) let me know because we have a few people interested in joining, and I want to give them a run.

Carn Fellas, lets get back into it!
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

In some further proof that the Denison St Household rules the SWL, the other huge game this sunday pits the cheesy, over the top, bloated, top heavy, star player hiring Zen Adepts agains the battling, hard working, team work oriented Corporate Fraud Chaingang in a true David v Goliath event.

Penciled in for Sunday night at 7.

BBTAB has Adepts at $1.15, Chaingang at $3.50 and a draw at $2.00
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

How can you rule the SWL when both of your teams are going down??
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of Ruling the SWL...

Although I seemed to lose access to FUMBBL from work early this week and thought my life was essentially over, today sees hope restored along with my access! Viva el Twahn!! Your Commish is back in action! Phew... Wink

Thanks to Clay, Chunky, and Neverborn for eagerly offering to step in and take complete control of the show, ruling in your own names, while I was incapacitated... Champions!

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn! He's back!

** Clay awaits yet again until it his time to ascend to the throne **
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Burtoni wrote:
Sorry everyone for not being able to play (or even responed to your pm's PLATYPUS)

That is okay. We will get another chance to play.

Does someone heard anything from Rennigeb? He wasn't online for five days Sad
FLo711

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanna put $1000 on the Princes to win (Sorry Clay)
and another $1000 on the Adepts by 5.

May the the most cheesy, over the top, bloated, top heavy, star hiring (although not yet) team win!

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

5 - 0 Western Sydney Wonders over RodentVision!

What an exciting match we had here tonight on the bloodbowl pitch! Coming in as the underdogs, Miyuso's Rodentvision squad didn't look much the part with a bruiser of an attack squad as well as four powerhouse gutter runners looking to take a bite out of some Elf cheese! The bookies were way up in arms after bets had closed an hour before the match when it was discovered 6 of the players had been delayed on their way to the game! Rumors of a team van driver sporting a tail and buckteeth have been unconfirmed as of this broadcast, but keep your eyes peeled for updates on this very shady incident.

It was with chagrin and not a little bit of fear that 7 stalwart elves were forced by officials to take the field to start the game. We tried to explain that the rest of our team was already in the locker room, but apparantly Ratata had reminded them of some ancient rule that this reporter is still trying to find in the books. The whistle blew with the rats laughing wildly amongst themselves and so weren't ready as Touch and Bullet wizzed down the field in a lightning fast blitz. Acting too quickly, Rodentvision fumbled the ball as their thrower went to grab it and get it out of harm's way. With excitement gleaming in his rookie eyes, Touch sprinted in and grabbed the ball up right at the feet of the struggling Ratty. Dodging away, the endzone filled his vision and heart completely ... unfortunately the rush of blood to his head lead to a misplanted foot and he tripped just on the edge of a goal with the ball falling loose. Rodentvision were quick to capitalize and managed to get the ball all the way down field before it was baubled. This time the Wonders didn't manage to dissapoint as they kept cool heads and old pro Iron showed the kids how it's done, with steady feet and an Iron heart. This was a huge point of the game, for it not only gave Western Sydney points on the board, but gave their 6 wayward comrades time to suit up and hit the field!

The rest of the the game was a battle of turn overs and scrapping as both teams fought well, but the Wonders time and again capitalized on dropped passes and gutter runners trying to go too fast. Probably the biggest highlight of the match was the epic gladitatorial play of the monstrously talented defensive styling seen in Throttle (#5 Rodentvision) and Bite, the star catcher on Western Sydney's side (#6). Numerous times these two could be seen going at it with Throttle shadowing his every move step for step despite the great speed and moves Bite has shown throughout the season. In fact, old Iron was the only player able to juke Throttle's coat-like defensive skills all game! Near the end of the game, Bite finally learned how to deal with these difficulties as he just ran up and with the assist from the ball carrier pushed him off and did the old post play to make him loosen his man coverage just enough for a zinger of a throw to #11 Day who managed a great catch in traffic which he then sliped a defender to hand off to Touch. Touch then sprinted in past the chalk line to mark up Western Sydney's fifth (his fourth) and final score of the game in a completely unexpected one-sided affair.

What a great and unexpected season from a team few expected to last against the tough competition, let alone come out as well as they did their rookie year. When asked for his thoughts after the game, their coach was pointedly quiet. In a statement released to the press soon afterward the season's success was chalked up to, "a great team effort and individuals stepping up into the roles the club asked of them on a game by game basis despite injuries and key losses throughout." This leads this reporter to wonder what direction this team will be heading next? Good luck to both teams with their future matches! That's it from here in the Elven locker room. Perhaps we could get one of our reporters in Rodentvision's lockers to give us a word? Back to you Joe!

As a side note, this reporter has just found out that this now puts the Western Sydney Wonders way up in the record books at averaging 4.0 td's per game! Go Wonders!

Last edited by SonofSharkboy on %b %06, %2004 - %07:%Jun; edited 3 times in total
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

FLo711, thanks for the encouragement, man. Since I am now your true friend, i can be honest - you need to change your forum profile location - I suspected you wanted "Smurfton" rather than "Smurftron", since the former is the village of the adorable blue Smurfs, and the latter is a giant blue robot bent on Gargamel's destruction.

Probably. Laughing

I bet on myself, too, since that's the only bet a coach can place without being tempted to throw the match. As far as Chaingang vs Adepts goes, I'm rooting for the dark elf underdogs, but I got a bad feeling about all this for the elves.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Neverbornsaid in Interview earlier today:-

" it will be an epic night of madness and mayhem as the holders of truth and hope for all man kind will leave their dension st base to do battle with the forces of evil and cheesyness"

It seems we are in for some primo Bloodbowl action tonight fans as these games are played.

Zen Adepts V's Corporate Fraud Chaingang sees these two powerhouse sides of the SWL meet in Mortal Combat!!
The Corporate Frauds have met the Zen Adepts twice before and lost both times suffering some serious GBH. They will be determined to not go down a third time.

Blue Mountain Dragons V's Prince Reagents
Neither of these teams have met before on the field of Glorious and Honourable Combat so both will be going out with no preconceived notions, its all about walking away with the win, not just walking away....

In this reporters humble opinion the only true winner though will be you and you and you's Bloodbowl Fans as the coverage comes to you live on Channel BB!

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach of the Zen Adepts, the 'Beardo Lama' Had this to say after thier dramatic title win:

"After four hard seasons we have finally done it! We'd like to thank Buddha for his eternal love and support, beacuse without him, well frankly we wouldn't exist. We'd also like to thank our families for not disowning us (or at least un-disowning us after the win), and a big shout out to our sweet ass bearded dwarf-bitches back at the temple!"

PS: Way to go Clay! 3-0! It'll be great to have the Dragons back up in the premier! (We always like an easy game ;P)
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2004 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

"Dearly Beloved,
It is with great sorrow that we mourn the passing of one of Channel BB's rising journos, Irwin Fletcher. Irwin had shown as much promise as he had courage, but it was this courage that ultimately led to his demise.

It is, of course, partly the fault of the game that he loved so much that he is here now, interred in the Endzone of what we call "Blue Mountain Stadium".

Some of you, I am aware, do not know this story, hence I shall provide a shorter version of events:

As you all know, The Prince Reagents were favourites to win the 1st Division in the Southern Wastelands League this season, winning or drawing in their match against the Blue Mountain Dragons. It was shortly after the conclusion of this complete upset that "our man Irwin" left this world in spirit.

It can be recontructed from the reek of mead seeping from his decapitated neck what happened, that fateful evening. He was drunk at the time of his beheading, on mead from the Blue Mountain Dragons' championship celebrations.

Perhaps this can be a lesson to younger reporters, that the time-honoured practice of interviewing the winners first can still be subject to rethinking.

After being heartily welcomed by the frenzied Norsemen as they partied and drank and fought and ravaged, it seems that Irwin remembered his journalistic duty and staggered off to interview the losers, the Prince Reagents.

It is here that blessed Irwin met his grisly fate. As he roamed the streets, trying to find the temporary clubhouse of the elves, dressed as he was in a novelty horned helmet, in a cloud of strong beer, and humming a ditty the Norse had been raucously singing, he pondered the questions he might ask the elves.

Those questions will be remembered always, friends and family, because they were noted to the last gurgle by his Gnome scribe, unobtrusively accompanying him.

"So, Lord Aceticus, your team lost?"

"Surely you thought you were going to win?"

"So, why didn't you win?"

"Don't you think that sounds like an excuse?"

"Of course it's a tough game, isn't it?"

"Why say that excuse again?"

"Can you believe you lost the match?"

"Don't you think it shows how bad you really are?"

"And finally, do you have any words of congratulation to offer your opponents, the mighty, swift, agile, dedicated, brilliant, thunderous, powerful, blessed Norse who made a meal of your pathetic, feeble, clumsy, slow, wimpish, cowardly, can't-win-a-game-when-it's-otherwise-certain el...?"

And so, dearly beloved, remeber the lessons to be learned from Irwin's death. Man cannot work without arms. Nor can he run without legs. Nor can he on this magical earth, breathe with no throat, procreate without private parts, see without eyes, smell with no nose, or of course, ask questions with no tongue.

Man can of course, hear with no ears, but perhaps the pertinent point is that he cannot live with no head, especially if organs have been crammed into the mouth and newly emptied eye-sockets.

And so, we bury this small package, may it - I mean he - rest in peace."

Last edited by Covertfun on %b %07, %2004 - %03:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Flo... I think you owe me $1000 Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Blue Mountain Dragons 3 def Prince Regeants 0 to claim First Division Championship

89,000 fans turned up to see the First Division Championship decided when the Blue Mountain Dragons squared off against the Prince Regeants.

Due to the media attention and the weird rantings of Dragons captain Vladim Oslobahn during the week, both sets of fans derided and goaded each other across the touchlines. It all culminated at the moment of kickoff when the Dragons fans, too inebriated to respond coherently to the Regeants fans’ eloquent elvish taunts that they stormed across the field to lay in the boot.

This resulted in 4 Regeants players having to leave the field, 2 of which required urgent medical assistance and the lightly weighted elves where soon staring down a full squad of rampaging Dragon psychopaths!

It effectively ruined the game as a fair contest as the ball playing elves could not send enough receivers into the back field nor could they provide enough screening coverage to protect their ball handlers and pretty quickly the hard hitting Dragons tore into them…

And it wasn’t pretty.

The Dragons decimated the Regeants and scored late in the first half to lead 1-0. Olsobahn himself was having a field day as he continually targeted Regeant catchers and caused many KO’s and further casualties.

The second half saw the Dragons receive the kickoff against only 7 opponent elves and quickly it was 2-0. There was no stalling… the Dragons wanted blood and they got it in the next drive as the under strengthed elves again turned over the ball and at the end raced in a 3rd TD. Oslobahn personally delivered 2 casualties and in total the elves lost 6 players, only one of them seriously injured, but it was enough to end the contest and the challenge for the crazy Dragons.

Joyous scenes erupted at full time as Oslobahn stood in mid-pitch and was surrounded by his teammates, trainers, cheerleaders, fans and numerous wilful concubines and declared…

“Stick dat up ya Duke Snakeypantz! Weez are da championz! Ja sie ist einen best team in die SWL!”

So now it’s onto Premier League… the first return to the big dance for the Dragons in 4 long seasons… can they do it again or will they be decimated?

---------------------------------------------
Covertfun, bad luck mate. A first turn Pitch Invasion destroyed your first drive and there were enough KO’s and BH’s to ensure you could never recover. A big pat on the back for your sportsmanship and the fact that until last night, you were undefeated in the league… we did finish tied at 4-0-1 but the tiebreaker fell my way. Good luck in your promotional playoff.
 Jump to: