15 coaches online • Server time: 06:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2010 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

WHATS THE ASNWER ADMINS ARRRRGRHGHGHRGHRGHRG
Patrician

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2010 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one Tomay.

Now I have to deal with Barre's monstrosity next season Laughing

Parking!
Foad

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2010 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Soft...

Clearly he didn't want them lurking in Conference anyway near his precious orcs...

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2010 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ahahahaha! Conflict of interest! I call Shanaghins!

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2010 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

WHATS THE ASNWER ADMINS ARRRRGRHGHGHRGHRGHRG

The Popes are back~!

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2010 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Patrician wrote:
Nice one Tomay.

Now I have to deal with Barre's monstrosity next season Laughing

Parking!

Haha.. last time these guys went into Prem they were TR180.. now we're TR240 baby.. look out!!
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2010 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

sweeeeettt
Patrician

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2010 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

All hail the Popes!

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hangar and I play sunday 1pm nsw.
Patrician

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

No pressure Oryx....but this is your time to shine and make it to the big time!

Besides, two Khemri in Prem next season would be annoying....

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The Popes are taking no prisoners this time around. I coached too soft last season they played. The Popes are Popes for a reason. RUTHLESS.
Patrician

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Get a DP and Ogre then Razz

Back to the current season. While we wait for the Prem title and final placings to be decided, spare a thought for Conf, which is looking very interesting.

Barre's Khemri (boo!) are going up to Prem, with Chavo's Skaven on 24 points vying for the wildcard. Now, because there are a number of coaches thinking of parking next season, there could be multiple wildcards.

In terms of getting a wildcard, it looks like 24 points is the magic number. There could be potentially 3 teams which end up Second with 24 points, depending on the last few games. According to the guide, there are no tiebreakers (e.g. TD diff) for wildcard draws across Conferences...so, there may be playoffs for the final spots. The remaining contenders are:

The Replacemnts Conference

- Joekano - already on 24 points, could likely win his Conf if eganra and Erikekers fall at the last hurdle. Otherwise, a wildcard chance looks likely, unless Erik can pull a large win.

- eganra - 22 points, a win will see him in Prem. A draw will see him snatch a second place and go into the wildcard running.

- Erikekers - 19 points, and needs some luck. Basically, eganra has to lose and Erik has to win. Nuff said.

Blax Landric Conference

- Hangar18 - 24 points, sitting pretty and gunning for a Conf title. Even if he does lose, he has second in the bag and would be a nasty playoff opponent.

- oryx - 20 points. Can win the Conf, or come second on 22 points, which could mean a playoff vs eganra for the final wildcard spot, but most likely mean oryx would stay down. So, its glory or bitter defeat for this team.

- Redgum - 21 points. Not really a contender, but its worth noting how close Redgum came to the big time. There would need to be some parking for Red to be promoted at this stage.

Anyway - we could likely see three teams finish up on 24 points. If that happens, I'm not sure how the playoff would work Cool

My money is on Hangar, Chavo, Joekano and eganra to go up.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice run-down Pat, except for the total lack of respect for the DRW, it's bloody hard to get those bones moving down the field! Smile

I wouldn't rule out Erik for a wildcard playoff (he has cash to burn if he wants it bad enough).
  • I reckon eganra is a cert
  • Oryx/Hangar will go either way (GR magic) but oryx won't be in great shape for prem, I predict a draw
  • If Erik makes a playoff (wins by 2) he'll convert and make prem
  • Krushars are looking good, but Chavo will bring it home for the second wildcard spot (if available)
Patrician

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Barre wrote:
Nice run-down Pat, except for the total lack of respect for the DRW, it's bloody hard to get those bones moving down the field! Smile

Well, you've already made it to Prem Barre, so I kinda left your team out of the analysis Laughing No disrespect intended. In fact, the "boo" was due to a total respect for DRW's elf-smashing abilities!

(In hindsight, my comment about preferring you to Faulcon to make Prem has proven unwise Crying or Very sad )

I agree, Erik could still make it through. But the reason its a tough ask is that he needs to win by 2 and almic is no pushover. And even then, there's the threat of a playoff....which I think will only happen if Hangar loses and either Erik wins or eganra draws.

EDIT: Going back, I think Erik can still make it so long as he wins by 2, regardless of eganra.

I still don't know how a three-way tie on 24 points will be sorted..... Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2010 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

being sent into prem is a bit rough for GBF but can't really play to loose it isn't in me