39 coaches online • Server time: 17:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FLo711

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey anoyne whos going to clays got a spare team they could bring along/ I could borrow?

Not really bothered what they are I'm fine with most anything.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I can bring a CD team if you like?

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually Clay, I'll be bringing Dwarfs. I don't have a Rotters team as yet unfrotunately Sad

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be bringing my rotter team
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

**LEAGUE UPDATE**

Everyone please note that the final games still unplayed are beginning to get forfeited. We've had several people utilising the swladmin@hotmail.com email which is excellent. Thanks everyone, it's the only way forward with a league this large. Smile

Drokmar and Miyuso have forfeited their final games as they seem to have disappeared completely. It's a shame to see them go as they both had great spirit and were a lot of fun.

Just so that everyone knows, the PLATYPUS vs. Rennigeb game from Round 3 that was forfetied has had points awarded to PLATYPUS.
Unfortunately, as this game was left for quite some time before being forfeited, the PLATYPUS vs. FLo711 Round 4 game which I have now just subsequently forfeited was not given a very long time in which to be played. As such, I have awarded both PLATYPUS and FLo711 2 points each for this match. Apologies to y'all... I only do what I can.
This is one of the reasons we will be having more strict adherence to the deadlines next season.

PLAYOFFS
The Playoffs will now be starting just as soon as we see that all teams involved have had their final positions in their relevant Divisions determined. Watch out for them and please try to play them ASAP as they're a pain in the proverbial really, with everyoe not involved having to wait around.
This is the last time we'll be having Playoffs in the forseeable future because of this. Which brings me to...

NEW LEAGUE STRUCTURE
As of Season 6, we'll be having a Pyramid structure as previously briefly mentioned by Clay. This will involve The Premier Division at the top, below which will be 2 more Divisions, side by side. Under these will be a further 4 divisions.
We'll give you all the details soon.
We've made this change to facilitate faster movement between the divisions which is as it should be. At present it is pretty much inconceivable that a 6th Division team will ever have a shot at the SWL Premiership Title and that's no good at all... Wink

THE PICNIC
Is coming. Just as soon as the Playoffs are over.
It'll be a 64 team straight KO Cup, with pretty much all of the Divisional and QPool team competing. One game will be played every 3 days, so everyone prepare themselves. If you can't make this kind of commitment, don't stress too much; it's all just a bit of fun and most teams only play one or two games before being knocked out.

SEASON 6
Looks to be Bigger and Better than ever!! We should hopefully see the return of the Twahnlow Awards and more coaches than you can poke a snot at!! Get into it everyone!! Very Happy

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

also

there will be some lil leaguers in the picnic as well, just to make sure there is madness and mayhem!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

AMENDMENT
Given that there is to be a new structure next season, we will have no playoffs. You'll all be told where you slot in to the new format just as soon as it's all figured out!
Remain calm... Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL now has a Veterans League!

Go

here for details!
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2004 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

hey chunky, does this mean if I decide the tide have had enough of the visions and will never truly make it in the big leagues < i think i have the worst win loss record of any multi season divisional team > i can apply to put them in this veterans league? thats right yes?
How do i do this, tell you and you invite them on or something?

Thats if i decide to send tyhe tide from the divisions. wiating on the picnic to decide this....

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah mate, that's the deal. I'm in the same spot with I-House atm. But the Tide could never go back once they're in.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

the minor deities have joined up, an old qpool elf team who will never make the big show
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, can anyone going to Clay's on Saturday bring any BB stuff they have that they might be willing to trade/sell?

I'll be bringing my undead team, which I'm not sure I'll ever get round to using (though if I get hold of some necros....)

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Chunky - I will probably retire the Cowards at Seasons end as they too are getting too heavy in the TR cap... plus they have taken a beating and are getting shite anyway! So they will be joining the Veterans!

With all the newbies coming in, I will be creating a new team (plus the Donuts of course!) to help them out... I am thinking some nice gentle Chaos.... Wink
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Booo! Retire the doughnuts!!!!!! They are a scourge on the noobs every year!!! *twitches spasmodically with flashbacks*
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

and in other news the Green Warriors will be back to pick on Newbie teams as well next season
 Jump to: