63 coaches online • Server time: 21:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00n

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Elan> sorry i havent been able to play u in little leeg mate, I have had difficulties getting on of late and even greater difficulties in playing you and theo, as u both work days and thats the only time i can play.

I know you want to play the game, but i told the admin that i will forfeit it to you if we dont play it before picnic starts, so rest assured you'll get the win if we don't meet.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Season 6 - qPool Promoters...</b>

We are feverishly working away at the season structure for next year and believe that the pyramid structure is a goer. This means that we have a fixed number of teams (6 in Premier, 12 in Conference and 24 in the Regional divisions) and as such the qPool promotions will be few and far between each year.

Essentially, we are looking at replacing <b>Miyuso, Drokmar, merv</b> and unfortunately <b>lynx_dragon</b> will be pulling out to the qPool next season. That leaves 4 spots to fill.

So for you guys who are new to the SWL last season, the best placed qPool coaches without a divisional team will go through to the divisions.

If further spots open up, then we will take 4 more.

In addition, the new coaches who have joined us for Season 6 will be going into the qPool shortly, which will start at the conclusion of the Picnic.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my plan...please advise if I am doing the correct thing. I would like to move the Screaming Scrunchies (Amazon) to the Veterans league. Then I would like to apply for Q Pool with Da Chess Klubb (my brand new orc team) and leave the Black Crowes where they are in the Div of Doom! So...do I have to LEAVE the q pool by clicking the leave button BEFORE applying for Vetreans leeg? Or just apply and an acceptance will move them instantly?

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

the chaingang will be taking a long deserved break from the big time to try and get back in touch with what made them the twisted and greedy men they are today. So a season in the regionals, stealing and bluffing the good, honest, hard working folk.

The smackdown will be replacing them, so there will be at least 1 extra promo spot from every division
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>ozjesting</b> - please leave the scrunchies where they are for the time being... they may be eligible for a Picnic spot.

Don't retire teams yet, but by all means apply your new ones as it will remind us that you have a team change happening.

I will move all "dead teams" to the 666 category at seasons end and they can then be removed once we have Season 6 set up... Chunky's Veterans league should start at the same time as Season 6 starts, not now whilst we are concluding Season 5...

And neverborn's decision means a spot will open up in the Premier! And Smackdown (at a TR150 limit!) will be in the Regional Divisions...
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2004 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick aside...

My good mate Mully is in need of a couple of Aussie Coaches to join his MLB league. It's the farm league for what was the first great tournament that I ever joined and probably my inspiration for the SWL (though who can remember back then?), the WWB.

He is a great commish and I highly recommend his leagues. Good, dedicated, intelligent commishes are hard to find, so if any one of you is looking for something good to try, please check out the MLB thread for all the details you need.

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Sp00n

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

would the afl all starz be eligible to return to the vets leeg?
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep spoon not a problem.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

THE QPOOL FOR SEASON 5 HAS NOW CLOSED.

Kudos to the winner, Skonos' Guttomr Raiders...

Well done!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The PICNIC has started. 3 days per game, random forfeits, amazing prizes... Smile

Clay might do a better post... who can say though?

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
gumbi

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow what a marathon..
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=436493

lasted the full 3 halves... decided on a coin toss at the end! Unfortunately i came off worse with 2 niggles, luckily the deaths were regenerated!

Notable efforts were Anders 'MMM pillows' Hansson who was KO in turn 2, and never came back, and joe's Pushem which kept standing no matter what i though at him, dp with 3 assist no worries !!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Picnic - The Better Post</b>

The festivities have begun including the Donuts getting trounced 6-0 by the Bloodrunes. Deadline roughly 3 days for every round, unplayed games will be randomly forfeited.

Overtime is played and you must play the 8 turns of the overtime period... cointoss will decide ultimate winner if need be.

At the conclusion of the Picnic, we will be setting up Season 6!

<b>Prizes!</b> The winner of the Picnic will be allowed to have a supplementary team in the QPool. This team will be either a Vamp or an Ogre team (your choice). The runner up will be afforded the luxury of playing the other race not chosen by the winner. So therefore in Season 6, a team of these two races will be in the running! The added team is an extra to the winners existing qPool team and will not be eligible for promotion to the Divisions, but will be a fluff team for the league.

<b>Season 6 Update</b>
Due to the huge size of the SWL, we have decided that the Regional Divisions will be a Swiss Format. 5 games only, but at this stage, we are looking at 8 teams per Division!
andycapp

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

May I say that it is an honour to be playing in my first Picnic!
My Orc team Wanna Beatin sure got a lot of beatings in the QPool, but they're now bracing for an absolute shallacking from Rennigeb's Adelaide Anvils team.
I'm sure they'll be chomping at the bit after a not-so-good season in the Premier League.
The unfancied Orcs, known in previous posts as "mean" and "killers" will get a number of handicaps for the game (from SonofSharkboy especially! ). However, the Anvils are surely too strong a team to worry about that ...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Season 5 Has Concluded</b>
Due to its conflicting with some of the Picnic and the fact that all outstanding matches have no bearing now on Divisional Standings for Season 6, we have forfeited the 3 remaining matches to conclude Season 5. Thank you all for playing and congrats to all the Div champs.

<b>Season 6 - Final Structure</b>
With the return of Miyuso and Drok, the new players registering etc etc, we are in the process of making Season 6 bigger than ever!!

The season has been extended to a 7 game season, and the Premier and 2 Conference Divisions will hold 8 teams each and the 4 Regional Divisions will have 10 teams each!! Amazing stuff! 54 coaches!

The Regional will be a 7 game Swiss format, the Premier and Conferences will be the regular round robin.

We will be posting the breakdown of who is in what shortly...

The Season will start after the Picnic.

<b> ALL NEW PLAYERS: Please supply a 2nd team as well if you want to enter the qPool in addition to your rookie team in the Regional Divisions. I advise this in case you get trashed as the TR in the Regional is varied.</b>
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Further important news...</b>

If you look at the SWL Main Page, teams have been graded 1, 2, 3 and 4.

1's are Premier Division Teams
2's are Conference Division Teams
3's are Regional Teams guarenteed of a spot
4's are Teams being considered for the Regional Division.

If you are a 4, you MUST send an email to swladmin@hotmail.com to state that you are prepared to play Divisional Structure, commit to one game a week and not hold up your division given that it will be a Swiss format. If you a) do not want to play Divisional or b) do not send the email, you will be graded as a QPool team (the teams noted 100).

It is first in best dressed. We have 30 Regional spots in total and I think we have 33 or 34 teams eligible.

Please use the email rather than PM's.

<b>Promotion / Relegation</b>
In the Premier, the bottom 2 teams will be relegated to Conference.

In the Conference, the two conference champs who top each of the two divisions, will promote.
The bottom 3 in each Conference Division will be relegated to Regional (6 teams in all)

In the Regional, the Top 2 in each of the 3 Regional Divisions will promote.

Therefore in summary, everyone is entitled to get: 1 team in the Divisions (1,2,3,4)... 1 team in the QPool (100), 1 team in the Stunty (teams with 50's).

If you have any issues, please contact us at the hotmail address.

Clay

PS - the Conference and Regional divisions will be a random draw and will be each season. You may be lucky and get an easy division, or you may get the "Group of Death".... who knows!
 Jump to: