17 coaches online • Server time: 04:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is BB20 really a problem?
Yes.
18%
 18%  [ 29 ]
I miss CLAWPOMB.
10%
 10%  [ 16 ]
Dwarfs still like it.
14%
 14%  [ 23 ]
Game should use 1d8 instead of 1d6.
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
I've left fumbbl since the update and didn't even read this.
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Throw Team Mate is bugged.
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I will always find a way to minmax!
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Pie.
24%
 24%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 156

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't whine this time, I just stated a fact, i.e. hiring Bomber is not a counter-measure to Bomber himself because he can't be hired by all teams.
It's true that I complained a lot about Bomber, you are right, but not this particular time (I know you like this word, "particular").

Ok, Mathematics Teacher then, is that accurate? I meant Professor as in Italian: "Professore", forgive me if it was inaccurate in English.
It was not meant to belittle you, on the contrary, I wanted to evidentiate that you know very well Mathematics. I thought that Teacher was less important than Professor, my bad.

About my job: is not relevant for the discussion and I don't want to talk about myself here, as you can imagine.
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Fine, fine, you like your privacy.

My suggestion then would be to stop talking manure (or "make comments") about other people, as it would extend them the same courtesy that you here ask for.

It's a bit late for that though, you've got the track record.

Particular doesn't ring any bells, sorry.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't make a comment about your job, I stated a fact: you are a Mathematics Teacher (whatever word is correct), and this is not offensive in any way (I genuinely admire Mathematics and Physics Teachers).
My comment was about the wrong count, "the hundredth time", not your job/degree, so don't take offence.

Particular: some time ago you suggested me to write "imho and from my particular perspective" when I post something. I supposed you should like "particular". Razz
source: this same thread (weird you forgot it, but this old man has good memory)
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32303&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

Posted: Jun 22, 2022
It would be nice if such sweeping statements would be prefaced by "imho" or "from my particular perspective"

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %24, %2022 - %22:%Jul; edited 5 times in total
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Very droll.

Always backtrack, that seems to work in game too.

Here's to 17 more pages of repetition and retractions.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't want repetition, don't be repetitive/inaccurate yourself, otherwise I'm forced to point out things and this gets repetitive, as you can imagine.
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It's genuinely entertaining how civil you try to appear on the forums

Even fake-retracting snide comments, and beg people not to get offended (no offense, just bafflement)

While in game chat you routinely freak out, abuse people, and wish a cancer on the game designers

I know how this game and this website is valuable to you, you should try to respect it a bit more, take in some feedback, all that jazz

No idea what knots you'll tie yourself into to reply to this, and still come out on top, in your head at least

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you want to take offence at all costs, then take offence, it's not a problem for me, feel free to be the passive-aggressive victim.

Honestly, with BB2020 rules Blood Bowl has lost lot of appeal.
I don't care about how I come out, top, down or middle, but I don't like inaccurate things, that's it.
Also, I don't know which is the relationship between respecting this site and pointing out your inaccurate statements, but maybe you are the censor of FUMBBL and I didn't know it.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Please, guys, nobody cares who gets the last word in.

My opinion: if it weren't for the stars, this would be the best edition yet. With the stars included, it works well for some formats but is skewed in others. There are other problems (cough, Wildly Inaccurate, cough), but as a game I think it's a clear step up. Except that stars are OP, and the best teams also get some of the best ones, right at their level.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
My opinion: if it weren't for the stars, this would be the best edition yet...

Have you been at the Gaffer's home brew again? Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2022 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm inclined to agree with JR. I think there are a few other noticeable issues (why are OWA dwarves so much spectacularly worse than dwarf blockers or chaos dwarf blockers? why were there some recostings of teams, that look like balance reasons, but not for others?)

Teams like norse, whether i LIKE the change or not, are a step in the right direction - making teams unique, so that you can balance them without directly impacting other teams (dwarf blocker comparisons)

Almost all the rules changes themselves (wildly inaccurate being the biggest failure) are well done, with various things (apo nerf) appearing to be completely unanticipated.

And stars are just a complete disaster, to the point i'd be quite happy to ban stars entirely (not a few, or for specific teams, just completely).
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2022 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like most of the stars. Morg, Bommer, and Hakflem are all mildly problematic, but it's easily fixed with house rules and easy enough to counter in longer-running leagues. In some places, though, it's a problem, like when the important action happens at rookie level. Bommer should cost 65-70 thousand, though: that would go a long way toward fixing the problems. Successful coaches can splash 50k every game, but 70k is enough that you have to manage it.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2022 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this bomber hate just because your favourite team doesnt get him ?

Because UW and Orcs are already just easymode anyways, snots dont want to use star spot for him and if you go against gobbos, ogres or blorcs, well they deserve atleast one good player, no ?

That leaves just rats and CDs so those two are the problem ?

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2022 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:

although I secretly hope for the last word to be tomato.

MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2022 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:

although I secretly hope for the last word to be tomato.

Surely it is.

Vegetable of the year \o/

https://weresmartworld.com/vegetable-year-2022-tomato

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2022 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Deflection!

That's 1SPP.

Farm on.