37 coaches online • Server time: 15:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

/Fun Devil's Advocate mode

He's not awesome, he's got at least two poor skills there! It would be doing you a favour to wipe him....

Wink
RC

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
/Fun Devil's Advocate mode

He's not awesome, he's got at least two poor skills there! It would be doing you a favour to wipe him....

Wink

Meh, he is awsome because I say so and he is mine Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Since it seems set in stone that the old LRB4 teams WILL get an option to transfer to LRB6, I find it only fair that the current LRB6 teams get to stay as well.

I must admit I would consider it a huge slap in the face if the people that spent alot of time and effort playing with the new client doesn't even get to keep their new teams. It feels alot like "Ok guys, thank you for making our client work, now GTFO so we can play with our old teams, that we continued to play with all the time while the new client was being tested". Especially considering Christer has no big plans to change anything about the old teams, except change positionals names etc.

People need to remember that when alot of the really weird testing went on, it wasnt even possible to upload matchresults. More or less as soon as you could upload results, people started playing more competitive games. Yes I have seen a few examples where 2 coaches conceed matches to eachother to build up gold, but I have seen that in every single division on fumbbl, so nothing new there.

Anyways, my point is sorta like, dont punish the coaches that helped the FFB client be what it is today.
soranos

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I also hope we get to keep the fbb-teams. I hardly see a problem with a few powered-up vamps on an underpowered team like that, when we have block-tackle- Mummies on undead and Khemri, Trolls on CD-Teams or all these killer-chaos teams that never had to suffer spiraling expenses, if they really get their rsc changed to mighty blow. I won't even start about all the players with 7 skills. We already know a high number of teams will roll in with bank accounts of a a million and more...
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

soranos wrote:
We already know a high number of teams will roll in with bank accounts of a a million and more...

a high number, like 3?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
Anyways, my point is sorta like, dont punish the coaches that helped the FFB client be what it is today.

It's not really a punishment (did you not have fun playing the beta? did anyone force you to play it? The fact that the client final version is better and finished sooner should be reward enough for betatesters). Christer has never hid the fact that testing teams might be reset or deleted. Infact there used to be a warning when you made a new LRB5/FFB team that said just that.
I would argue that keeping them will be a reward, but losing them is not a punishment. I don't know many games that let people keep their stats once a beta is over.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I the new Division will be enabled i will start from scratch and will delete all my Teams in Ranked, even though teams can be transfaired
soranos

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
soranos wrote:
We already know a high number of teams will roll in with bank accounts of a a million and more...

a high number, like 3?

that is only because a lot of the higher TR-teams played in Majors or other competitive tournaments and needed to get rid of the cash. It is hardly a big problem to save up this much cash with a high AV Basher team. And anyway, you don't need a million in cash to stay on top. Sure, if you stay long in the low TV area in LRB6 it can also be archieved, but you would need more games for it or very good dice.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Why worry about teams that have saved lots of money anyway? It won't help their players survive any longer, it won 't make their team any better (if they use it for star hiring you get the same money in return). All it will do is keep them at a higher TV for longer, where they will likely player other teams with high cash reserves. I say let them tear each other to pieces, whilst we sit back and bask in their blood.

Even if you look forward to majors in FBB the cash resevers aren't really going to be a massive problem. They will still be limited to replacing dead players with rookies, which people without cash reseveres will get for free (journeymen).
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

soranos wrote:
It is hardly a big problem to save up this much cash with a high AV Basher team.

soranos wrote:
Sure, if you stay long in the low TV area in LRB6 it can also be archieved, but you would need more games for it or very good dice.

It is very hard to save up a lot of cash with high TR bashers because you:
1) Won't make as much cash on higher TR. Most high TR bashers have a FF of around 20 which means that with average rolls you make around 20k a game above TR300.
2) Mostly play other high TR bashers that are experts at damaging your players. So even with only losing a player every 5 games most of your winnings will go to replacements.

While it is very easy to save up a lot of cash with low TV in LRB6 as:
1) You will make more cash (about 50k a game on average rolls).
2) You face opponents that don't have much hurt skills so players are less likely to get injured.
3) You get replacement linos for free so no need to spend cash on those and as they reset after every game your TV stays nice and low and out of the spiraling expenses range.
soranos

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
soranos wrote:
It is hardly a big problem to save up this much cash with a high AV Basher team.

soranos wrote:
Sure, if you stay long in the low TV area in LRB6 it can also be archieved, but you would need more games for it or very good dice.

It is very hard to save up a lot of cash with high TR bashers because you:
1) Won't make as much cash on higher TR. Most high TR bashers have a FF of around 20 which means that with average rolls you make around 20k a game above TR300.
2) Mostly play other high TR bashers that are experts at damaging your players. So even with only losing a player every 5 games most of your winnings will go to replacements.

While it is very easy to save up a lot of cash with low TV in LRB6 as:
1) You will make more cash (about 50k a game on average rolls).
2) You face opponents that don't have much hurt skills so players are less likely to get injured.
3) You get replacement linos for free so no need to spend cash on those and as they reset after every game your TV stays nice and low and out of the spiraling expenses range.

Well, we don't have to make this discussion go on forever, as I see you have a point. Even though you assume that these bashers don't cherry pick and play other bashers as well.

Aynway since star purchases are't the norm anymore it will not be the biggest problem.

I think players with 7 skills and killer-khemri/ogre teams will be higher on that list.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Won't 'killer khemri' mummies all lose their mighty blow in the change over, but gain +1 ma?.
Wakslo

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going to worry about the transfer until something official is announced. I'm sure those in charge will find someway to deal with the change in rosters like mummies don't have MB any more, but they still got all those SPP's from hurting people. New positionals, positionals that no longer exist, etc. I don't envy them as this will be REALLY hard to do and make it fair.

I'm as much a pixel hugger as the rest of you out there and I hope my R teams can carry on in the new FFB, but I don't see a good way. So I will defer to the power's that be and let them decide if/how it will happen. In the end I'll go with whatever they choose since I enjoy playing BB. If my current teams get wiped clean I will start again and enjoy it just as much as I did before.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
Nighteye wrote:

It's not really a punishment (did you not have fun playing the beta? did anyone force you to play it? The fact that the client final version is better and finished sooner should be reward enough for betatesters). Christer has never hid the fact that testing teams might be reset or deleted. Infact there used to be a warning when you made a new LRB5/FFB team that said just that.
I would argue that keeping them will be a reward, but losing them is not a punishment. I don't know many games that let people keep their stats once a beta is over.

Heh, yes I had fun, but a big part of what makes blood bowl fun for me is team development. And yes you are right, there was a warning that this is beta, and your teams might get wiped. I was also fine with this as I still assumed we would have a clean start after it went out of beta. With the old LRB4 teams getting a transfer, I very much want the betateams to remain as well.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

soranos wrote:
I think players with 7 skills and killer-khemri/ogre teams will be higher on that list.

As freak_in_a_frock started with the killer-khemri/ogre I will give some more insight in the 7 skills players.
At this moment there are 148 legend players in ranked. Most of this players are in the hands of inactive coaches/teams.
There are only 2 teams that have more than 2 legends on their current squad (Men Without a Past and She's A Sensation).

For those that are active: is one extra skill on that player instead of on another player (to keep TV equal) going to be so much of an advantage?
I think not.
 Jump to: