57 coaches online • Server time: 16:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Taking dodge off gnomes seems a bit harsh, doesn't it??

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

taking dodge off gnomes feels a bit harsh, makes them even less moveable than before and ma4 they weren't great in that dept anyway...

Will the stunty rostas in the help section be updated with the new info?

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

They will if someone updates them. I did them last time for the new client, I'll try to find some time to start on some of them soon, but feel free to beat me to it.

And I haven't tried them yet, but I'm looking forward to testing the new changes. Mostly I'm just glad to see the effort and attention going into Stunty. Thanks.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah gnomes without dodge is the biggest thing i'm leery about, at least if they stay as expensive as they are. personally i think it's a good change since we're changing them to be strong types, but the price should have gone down to reflect it.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Garion wrote:
Nekosama wrote:

Is it intentional that Albion Fey no longer have TTM?

I would guess so. They can OTT anyway. and the removal of take root is a canny big boost.

I do find it interesting that people are noting they can't TTM and not the fact that 3 ST6 BGs are roaming about without take root. Smile

__Synn

roaming with ma 2... gimme a bomber and they are pinned for the rest of the drive.

no ttm means a str1 team needs to fight their way to score. no secret weapon at all.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff. Though where is Baron von Spivakosky?

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, nice to see this thing finally get implemented.

I advocated for it, and it happened. Still, my two 31+ spp Gnoblar 'Bullies' aren't going to be much help with Dauntless Dauntless lol. And yet, with Blackle no way in hell am I dumping them. I suppose I can carry the extra 40TV until they die. I need to get a game in with them anyway as a third big plus PT on the trappers is Mighty Huge. Could Gnobs become Tier One????

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
N.B. the AG4 for Zend was a typo. He would be insane with it. Everything else fixed.

I did wonder about that one.

Another bug: Gnome cannons still cost 80k.

mr-maverick wrote:

They already have been. I did it in the middle of the night though, so there might be some errors.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the work WhatBall.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalamona wrote:
Synn wrote:
Garion wrote:
Nekosama wrote:

Is it intentional that Albion Fey no longer have TTM?

I would guess so. They can OTT anyway. and the removal of take root is a canny big boost.

I do find it interesting that people are noting they can't TTM and not the fact that 3 ST6 BGs are roaming about without take root. Smile

__Synn

roaming with ma 2... gimme a bomber and they are pinned for the rest of the drive.

no ttm means a str1 team needs to fight their way to score. no secret weapon at all.

They don't need to fight they have hypno and high ma. Plus dp on the fen beast should help stop those nasty bombs a bit Smile
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

One issue: Pudwick currently appears to be free to induce (for Albion teams).

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Pah, no more CH Minotaurs!

Are you intending to change the icons too?

This will make me sad. I love Minotaurs, best big guy ever.

Otherwise these changes all seem pretty sensible from the feedback we saw.

My Mechs are happy to be killers and not Stunty wardancers, and AV8 Squigs? YESSS!!

Looking forward to the next Stunty event!

PS- I second the idea that when a Squig Hopper dies you should get either a Squig or a Herder! That is awesome fluff.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Great stuff. Though where is Baron von Spivakosky?

He's Still there. If he wasn't listed there were no changes to him.

Quote:
Gnome lino stuff...

AV8 + Thick Skull + S access = pretty awesome lineman. They don't need Dodge to start or A access. Different team style.

Vesikannu wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
N.B. the AG4 for Zend was a typo. He would be insane with it. Everything else fixed.

I did wonder about that one.

Another bug: Gnome cannons still cost 80k.

mr-maverick wrote:

They already have been. I did it in the middle of the night though, so there might be some errors.

Fixed the Cannons, thanks.

And a huge thanks for updating the rosters.

gjopie wrote:

His price should be 0, but he needs to go with Puck, who is 240. Similar to Grotty & Brick. Let me know if it is possible to induce him for free.

Narlgoth wrote:
Pah, no more CH Minotaurs!

Are you intending to change the icons too?

Yes, MisterFurious made some awesome Chaos Spawn icons that will get implemented. I'm also working with Garion and harvestmouse on new Fenbeast icons.The green/brown colour is a big pain on the field. Wink

There may be a few other small icon tweaks too.

harvestmouse wrote:
Thank you for the work WhatBall.

You're welcome. And thanks for your help too.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

gjopie wrote:

His price should be 0, but he needs to go with Puck, who is 240. Similar to Grotty & Brick. Let me know if it is possible to induce him for free.

You're quite right. Sorry.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2013 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

AV8 + Thick Skull + S access = pretty awesome lineman. They don't need Dodge to start or A access. Different team style.

While this statement might be true, you are charging 50k for them. In almost every possible way, that price makes the statement completely untrue.

Lets compare them to Nurglings, who are most similar in terms of playstyle, and who recently had a big cost reduction specifically because they simply were too overpriced.

Nurgling Agi 2 + Dodge = 75% success rate to dodge away from a typical opponent.
Gnome Agi 3 = 66% success rate to dodge away from a typical opponent.

Nurgling AV 7 Dodge: Chance of being removed from pitch on a 2die block without Block or any bash skills = 11/36*21/36*15/36 = 231/1296 = 7.4%
Gnome AV 8 Thick Skull: Chance of being removed from pich on a 2die block without Block or any bash skills = 20/36*16/36*10/36 = 320/1296 = 6.8%
While the Gnome wins out here, the difference is not large (certainly not large enough to warrant a large price difference on it's own.)

Chance of being removed from game: Twice as high for the gnome, since a nurgling has regen.

A developed gnome might have mighty blow/po; but without tackle or block, that simply isn't going to affect enemies very often (11/36 of the time, assuming 2 die blocks). A developed nurgling might have diving tackle, which will affect enemies 1/3 of the time. There are many alternate developments obviously, but I don't think that any such development warrants a 10k price hike over the nurgling. However, this is definitely the area where I'm not sure of, so I'm not going to press this point much.

But at the most basic roles for linemen in stunty, a Nurgling (40k) is almost superior to a Gnome (50k). (I think the 9% bonus to dodge is worth more than the 0.6% penalty to being removed from the pitch.) The only thing a Gnome is truly better at is ball handling, and as any horror player will tell you, MA 4 sucks for ball handling. And horrors even get jump up and ttm to go with it, but it still sucks.

In the end, I agree that I think the stat line is perfect for gnomes. However, the price simply isn't warranted. Even if you look at the rest of the team, gnomes have 6 secret weapons; their price (as a team) is already going to be artificially inflated late in the game. Having overpriced linemen will only make this worse, and their hitters are not so super strong as to require overpriced linemen.

(However, I think the idea is super cool, and so I don't have any problem if the price isn't changed. Just trying to show that I don't think the math makes the price worth it.)

Last edited by Nelphine on %b %10, %2013 - %19:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: