33 coaches online • Server time: 12:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do skinks need twist?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 42 ]
No
24%
 24%  [ 29 ]
Canada
40%
 40%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 119

Habeli

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I kicked my old sauries and continued playing with 11 skinks, was hard =)
their ReRolls are quite expencive compared to 60k per skink.
also an other Poisoned dagger would be nice and/or one sauri.
Brother_Jaco

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
Brother_Jaco wrote:
Give them right stuff, and someone/something to throw them, that could be fun...

When I suggested "Flying-skink... No hands, MA10, AG4, STR2, AV6 with Dodge, Leap and Claw" that's not quite what I meant! Razz But yes, that could be fun too!

yep, people are looking for a twist for the skink, make them fly...

it might be overkill, but everything is overkill for skinks, so make them fly i say. and maby cut down on their movement.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
If it were me, I would not go back to the too many high strength players, but I also realise that the current low AV low Str players is boring as hell... hence my suggestions above in a previous post.

I wouldn't say that their AV is that low, av7 is quite high for stunty players, only one race has av8 players (not counting Big Guys and and some odd 0-2 positional players).
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

arktoris wrote:
Best way to help the skinks is to give Big guys strength access only. Until then, most coaches will not seriously consider them for the long term.

This is almost always the best solution to Stunty problems, yes.

/johan
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

They need a stegadon ^^
or some salamanders/ terradons
and a few blow pipes

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The old rules for blowpipe were crappy.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

how about making the skinks positionals?
in a roster like:
0-16 pygmies
0-4 skinks
0-2 salamanders
Dooby

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Skinks win because of speed. Its what makes them unique. Does anyone know the stats (wins/losses) for skink since the latest rule change?
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the positional idea (having 11 identical players on the field at a time is just boring) and so far the suggestion of Lizardmen seems most applicable to the team IMO.

0-16 Skink
0-2 Lizardman 5 3 1 8, No beginning skills, 70k(?) Gen skills only or Str skills only

Basically my suggestion of a Lizardman is a Saurus with all stats reduced by one and 10k less price.
hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Skinks win because of speed. Its what makes them unique. Does anyone know the stats (wins/losses) for skink since the latest rule change?

Nope, and that's the problem here. What evidence do we have that Skinks need (re)balancing? Personally, I do not see any, and do not believe that Skinks should be altered unless we have more of a basis than some coaches think they are boring to play.

All this talk of adding powerful positionals is going to take the team back to where it was before, which was too powerful. If a positional player must be added, I'd vote for something weak and preferably inconsistent, like another secret weapon. For example, a Skinkbomber: 8 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Stinkbomb (works just like a regular bomb, but emits a foul gas that causes a stun at maximum, never injures). But like I said, I don't think there is enough evidence to warrant a change at this time.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps another way to give the skinks a bit of hitting power is to lower the price of a wizard for the team. This way, they can get one good smack on those supra-BGs.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok evidence for rebalancing. We have voted the team for rebalancing thereby we feel that they need it. Why I voted for it is becuase though my skinks were doing alright, my team was getting full of Niggling injuries, stat decreases and getting killed off in general. You seem to overrate skinks speed, cause without positionals all they are is a very fast team.

I suggest fodder should be added. Just 3 to 6 players who are a little cheaper.
Skink warrior 8,2,2,7 Dodge, Stunty 40K

Alternatively we could go for my other idea which I still think is more fun, but hey skinks need something to help take the heat off them and stop their teams from being aniliated. The saurus's used to do that, now their gone.

I think that a team with 0-2 positional skinks would be cool. A proper lizards team, but it should be seperate to skinks.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone should post here that has a 50+ game skink team and see what they have to say. I have never had one so am not really qualified to discuss, as an opponent however thay always seem to beat me !

Mind you that could be as I'm crap
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

How about:

Chameleon Skinks

[0-2] OR [0-4] 7 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Foul Appearance- 70K

Chameleon skinks are the rarer type of skinks that are born with scales that reflect what they are standing around, which makes them. However, their ever changing scales are a lot weaker than those of the normal skinks, which makes them learn how to avoid blows better.

The only catch I see is that FA also affects throwers due to the stench, so we might want something else instead of FA which makes them harder to hit... I would suggest either block or sidestep.

======================================================================

If you want to avoid the speedy route, then I suggest:

Salamanders:

[0-2] OR [0-4] 4 4 3 8 Off For A Bite, Bombs- 70K

Salamanders are vicious lizards that are prodded onto the field by their handlers. They spit gouts of acrid, burning poison that eats away at armor. However, without their handlers ever-present, they tend to go rampant and become violent towards their own team mates.

The only thing I was tied up about was whether to give them OFAB or Really Stupid... though I think OFAB might be a little more amusing. We could give them both, but then that would make reliable only 66% of the time without any rerolls... which can be quite bad.

Give me some feedback on these... I personally lean towards the Salamanders, as they would add that random force that the skinks could use, as well as a slightly tougher player. 0-2 would be normal, 0-4 would make them really amusing and increase the MAYHEM factor.

Z
Zebaoth

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2005 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

AlcingRagaholic wrote:
How about:

Chameleon Skinks

[0-2] OR [0-4] 7 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Foul Appearance- 70K

Chameleon skinks are the rarer type of skinks that are born with scales that reflect what they are standing around, which makes them. However, their ever changing scales are a lot weaker than those of the normal skinks, which makes them learn how to avoid blows better.

The only catch I see is that FA also affects throwers due to the stench, so we might want something else instead of FA which makes them harder to hit... I would suggest either block or sidestep.

======================================================================

If you want to avoid the speedy route, then I suggest:

Salamanders:

[0-2] OR [0-4] 4 4 3 8 Off For A Bite, Bombs- 70K

Salamanders are vicious lizards that are prodded onto the field by their handlers. They spit gouts of acrid, burning poison that eats away at armor. However, without their handlers ever-present, they tend to go rampant and become violent towards their own team mates.

The only thing I was tied up about was whether to give them OFAB or Really Stupid... though I think OFAB might be a little more amusing. We could give them both, but then that would make reliable only 66% of the time without any rerolls... which can be quite bad.

Give me some feedback on these... I personally lean towards the Salamanders, as they would add that random force that the skinks could use, as well as a slightly tougher player. 0-2 would be normal, 0-4 would make them really amusing and increase the MAYHEM factor.

Z

I like the Chameleon Skink, they sound cool
 Jump to: