49 coaches online • Server time: 18:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should your always use your freedom of speech
Yes freedom of sppech is so importent that one should alwayes speek ones mind.
61%
 61%  [ 132 ]
No you should not use your freedom of speech to insult people.
38%
 38%  [ 82 ]
Total Votes : 214

Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yar. His "rape" example ain't all that glorious either.

-Mnemon
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The guy is a genius. Uniting jews and moslems in their hatred of him.

A cunning plan.

If peace breaks out in Palastine we should all make a pilgrimage to Denmark to lay flowers on his grave.

We can visit the Carlsberg and Tuborg breweries while we're at it. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure which of those articles annoys me more. Hideous censorship by a Canadian university and the body thats supposed to represent the interests of students or Jyllands-Posten giving into the thinly veiled excuse by the imans to attack Israel when the correct response would have been: 'print them in your own damn paper since its your agenda and see how many jews (don't) riot.'

Its been a bad day for logical thought processes.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

LOGIC BAD!!! ::lights inquisitorpustus on fire::

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

[url=http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/7204/computersrule2yp.gif]Image[/URL]

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Annan Urges Responsibility Over Caricatures
9 February -- At a press encounter this morning, the Secretary-General was asked about the recent publication of caricatures of the prophet Muhammad, and, while he underlined his support for freedom of speech, he also pointed to the need to exercise responsibility and judgment. "Quite honestly," he said, "I cannot understand why any editor will publish cartoons at this time which inflames and pours oil on the fire." At the same time, he reiterated that innocent civilians should not be attacked.
http://www.un.org/News/ossg/sg/index.shtml

It's gotta be a hard day at work trying once again to explain the basics to the western "mongoloid sheeps" (to reuse some words from this "debate"). Can't say I envy him.

Quote:
"In a 'State of the First Amendment Survey' conducted by the University of Connecticut in 2003, 34 percent of Americans polled said the First Amendment 'goes too far'; 46 percent said there was too much freedom of the press; 28 percent felt that newspapers should not be able to publish articles without prior approval of the government; 31 percent wanted public protest of a war to be outlawed during that war; and 50 percent thought the government should have the right to infringe on the religious freedom of 'certain religious groups' in the name of the war on terror."
http://www.alternet.org/story/31321/

The same kind of results could proably be found in Europe as well. It's gonna be a long way before the west reaches civilization, and right now we don't seem to even be heading there.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
"In a 'State of the First Amendment Survey' conducted by the University of Connecticut in 2003, 34 percent of Americans polled said the First Amendment 'goes too far'; 46 percent said there was too much freedom of the press; 28 percent felt that newspapers should not be able to publish articles without prior approval of the government; 31 percent wanted public protest of a war to be outlawed during that war; and 50 percent thought the government should have the right to infringe on the religious freedom of 'certain religious groups' in the name of the war on terror."

JESUS CHRIST!

We fought a war less than a century ago to protect the world from facism and now it oozes its way back to the surface in a puddle of repulsive groupthink nonsense.

The right to free speech is, by definition, the right to controversial speech. You only exercise that right when you're saying something that someone will think makes you a dick. Nobody's going to argue with anyone's right to say "The sky is blue." What freedom of speech protects is the right to say things that make other people angry.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
I love this cartoon suff really it gives me a great excuse to be a drooling mongoloid, down with Israel!

What does hypocrisy mean again?[/b]

It means killing off 100 000 people in another country, torturing those who resist, shutting down their newspapers, prohibiting their TV channels and then start calling them mongoloids when they protest against being insulted in your own countries' papers under the banner of "free speech".

Or wait, that's colonial racism. My mistake.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually they get called mongoloids when they protest against something to the point of violence and then try to do exactly the opposite. If your going to claim that faith is above personal freedom it dosen't make much sense to attack someone elses. Not exactly master debators this lot.

You also may want to look up the defenition of 'racism'.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
Actually they get called mongoloids when they protest against something to the point of violence and then try to do exactly the opposite.

Like, arguing for the invasion of a sovereign nation for defending human rights, and then maintain an occupation that systematically and on a grand scale commits crimes to those very same human rights? That sure makes for a whole lot of mongoloids up here.

inquisitorpustus wrote:
You also may want to look up the defenition of 'racism'.

wikipedia wrote:
The United Nations uses a definition of racist discrimination laid out in the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination and adopted in 1966:

...any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah the American invasion force drops chemical weapons and tortures dissidents on a mass scale whilst the occupying forces live in golden palaces and leave the populace to die of starvation or illness.

Clearly the whole western world is a monolithic opressor out to destroy Islam and anyone else who happens to be brown. Hell we've only:

- Tried to broker a peace deal between the warring factions in Israel.
- Liberated muslim nations from the most brutal repression imaginable.
- Provided billions in aid to theocratic nations with value systems that are a million miles away from our own.
- Comitted our soldiers to the most hostile warzones on earth to ensure stability and prevent rival warlords from creating a civil war.

You're like every other mindless America bashing troll with a bone to pick. Ignore every brave and noble action and focus ridgidly on the negative. Crawl back to where you came from please and I hope they have books there.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with Inquisitorpustus and Taffsadar. It appears the muslims have lost it completely and are just bating to start a race war. What do they honestly think? That stamping their feet, calling for 'allah to smite the infidels at the neck' isn't going unnoticed by the average Joe, who through the fear of being branded 'institutionally racist' hasn't said anything yet.

It's common sense that the more a school yard bully rants and rages, the more resistance builds up against them until they receive a backlash which will possibly be the end of them. We could be possibly looking at the start of the end for Islam.

If you ask me they should get a f^&*ing grip before they push their hand too far and get it snapped off.......over a cartoon!!!!!!!

If Islam is as closely-knit an organisation as they would like us to believe, then the 'moderate' muslims should take these psychopaths in hand and shut them up, otherwise it seems that the psychopaths could well be in charge. Meaning that this will either result in the capitulation of the western governments (in my case - Britain, again. The comedy of democracy and the invisible voting blocks Wink) or things are going to turn ugly.
dzonvejn

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I would always let anyone speak anything... and later on, if that speech crosses the line, just sue him, and take him a couple of milions for saying wrong things Wink.... You can say what you want, but if you insult someone be ready for trial Wink
Uber

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope the admins would step up against freedom of speech and lock up this meaningless thread.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2006 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

You only exercise that right when you're saying something that someone will think makes you a dick.

well i think you are very close to succes then....
-Buur

Jump to: