57 coaches online • Server time: 21:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is BB20 really a problem?
Yes.
18%
 18%  [ 29 ]
I miss CLAWPOMB.
10%
 10%  [ 16 ]
Dwarfs still like it.
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Game should use 1d8 instead of 1d6.
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
I've left fumbbl since the update and didn't even read this.
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Throw Team Mate is bugged.
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I will always find a way to minmax!
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Pie.
24%
 24%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 155

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the issue? The TVs were the same, no TV gap.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
What is the issue? The TVs were the same, no TV gap.

And you brought a merc bull to increase your own tv to 1420 against your opponent's 1250.

Which means the TVs were the same but you had at least 160k cash. Which means you accepted / offered a game and then turned the tables in a way that you would not accept from your opponents.

Draw your own conclusions.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

If you remember I said that MNG positionals should be replaced temporarily by Loner positionals.
I just fixed this flaw of the game with my own gold by hiring a Mercenary Bull Centaur, because it's important to play Chaos Dwarfs with a full roster.
Also, if you read carefully my rule, it says that, if you increase the TV, I will hide you. I will play that game and then I will hide you. He's free never to play vs me again, according to my rule.
It's all perfectly logical.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Also, if you read carefully my rule, it says that, if you increase the TV, I will hide you. I will play that game and then I will hide you. He's free never to play vs me again, according to my rule.
It's all perfectly logical.

So you fucked him, and you're perfectly fine with pissing him off forever just to walk away with a +170tv win. Against a new coach on the site with a record of 1/0/5, no less.

Ok. You're right. It is all perfectly logical. You're also an hypocrite and a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly I could have won without the Bull Centaur, but you never know, better to be cautious.
If it's possible to increase the TV by adding the MNG positionals' TV in the GF I'm open to do it.
It's not my fault if the game doesn't give me Loner positionals. It's a game flaw which should be fixed.
I would have not hired Bomber or a Star Player, for the record, but I wanted my full Chaos Dwarf roster.
I'd like to play vs good coaches, but they don't play vs me, it's not my fault if there is no Box implemented yet. I have to play vs the coaches I find, it's not even funny for me as well, in case you were wondering.
You could play vs me but you don't want.

edit. it was a 160 TV gap, not 170, and a Mercenary Rookie Bull Centaur should cost 130 max, not 130+30. Loner is a drawback. If a Lonerless Bull Centaur costs 130, then a Loner Bull Centaur should cost a bit less than 130.
So, actually a 130 TV gap or a little bit lower.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %27, %2022 - %13:%Jul; edited 3 times in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Your attitude is baffling.
You prey on people. Those who know avoid you because of that. And those who don't, you eat them. Just like a predator. You don't belong to a community, and that's why you like blackbox. You're the most selfish gamer I have seen in a long while. You are a shark in a pond, you don't believe in an ecosystem, you don't even selfishly believe in tending your own hunting grounds. You are a shark and as long as you eat today, you don't care if you scare fish away.
That's why you want blackbox. It feeds your greed while freeing you from the consequences of being unpleasant.

It's not your fault the game doesn't give you loner positionals. (lol "it's not my fault if the game rules don't conform to my expectations, so I act like an asshole because hey, what else can I do?")

It's not your fault there is no box. (lol "it's not my fault the playing environment doesn't cater to my specific needs, so I act like an asshole because hey, what else can I do?")

"I have to play vs the coaches I find", and that's why you sneak-hire and you are fine with the idea that they will learn to avoid you in the future. You put your need to have a full roster for a single game above the need of not creating another "I won't play Matt again, ever" coach.

It is DEFINITELY your fault if good coaches don't want to spend time playing with you.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Honestly I could have won without the Bull Centaur, but you never know, better to be cautious.
If it's possible to increase the TV by adding the MNG positionals' TV in the GF I'm open to do it.
It's not my fault if the game doesn't give me Loner positionals. It's a game flaw which should be fixed.
I would have not hired Bomber or a Star Player, for the record, but I wanted my full Chaos Dwarf roster.
I'd like to play vs good coaches, but they don't play vs me, it's not my fault if there is no Box implemented yet. I have to play vs the coaches I find, it's not even funny for me as well, in case you were wondering.
You could play vs me but you don't want.

Are we saying that you ****ed over a 148CR 1/0/6 coach by sneak hiring a bull?

If you are not careful you'll end up on the 145 Club blacklist. If you are not there already.

Obviously you could have won without the bull.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the detailed psychological analysis. Having an external point of view is nice. The Loner positional issue is self-evident. Anyway, if you don't want to play vs me you are not useful. The main reason I'm here is to play Blood Bowl, not to argue on forums with you.
P.S. I played 358 games in C, you played
16 games. Looks like I played more games than you, not bad for such a toxic guy! But I guess you are on FUMBBL to troll rather than playing games, after all!
koadah wrote:

Obviously you could have won without the bull.

Yes but you never know, I quad skulled 2 games ago, with these rules you are never sure. As I said, I would have not hired Bomber, a Wizard or a Star Player, but I wanted my full roster (a matter of principle). It's not my fault if these rules are badly designed and just give useless Prayers instead of increasing the TV, like the old Inducements system.
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Inside FUMBBL there are two wolves

JackassRampant wrote:
He's a valuable member of the community

JanMattys wrote:
also an hypocrite and a pathetic excuse for a human being.

PS word of the day: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/impervious
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

kozak wrote:
MerryZ wrote:
I mean teams with more games played not bigger TV.

There is big difference in 100 game played 1300tv team and new 1300tv team

This

I understand and still disagree. My teams in C are all young teams. I don't care how many games the other team has played when I choose a match. I don't like to put my softer teams against heavy bash teams but other than that, if the TV is similar I will take the game.

Also, to see if it is true that the new inducements are sufficient to overcome TV differences, I have challenged teams that are much higher TV than mine and much lower TV. I still can't find games in gamefinder in less than 20 minutes so I have not played in a while.

I will try again tonight and return and report.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:

I still can't find games in gamefinder in less than 20 minutes so I have not played in a while.

Orcs don't play vs my Elves on GF, so it's not a surprise.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
kozak wrote:
MerryZ wrote:
I mean teams with more games played not bigger TV.

There is big difference in 100 game played 1300tv team and new 1300tv team

This

I understand and still disagree. My teams in C are all young teams. I don't care how many games the other team has played when I choose a match. I don't like to put my softer teams against heavy bash teams but other than that, if the TV is similar I will take the game.

Also, to see if it is true that the new inducements are sufficient to overcome TV differences, I have challenged teams that are much higher TV than mine and much lower TV. I still can't find games in gamefinder in less than 20 minutes so I have not played in a while.

I'll be happy to help you test, if you think my teams can fit what you need.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
edit. it was a 160 TV gap, not 170, and a Mercenary Rookie Bull Centaur should cost 130 max, not 130+30. Loner is a drawback. If a Lonerless Bull Centaur costs 130, then a Loner Bull Centaur should cost a bit less than 130.
So, actually a 130 TV gap or a little bit lower.

I am extremely done with this conversation, but I hate lies. You had 1260 tv against 1250 tv. So you were +10. Then you hired a 160 bull merc. That makes the game a +170tv. Math is math is math. Nuff said.
Not that it matters. All my points are valid, no matter the tv diff. But 170 (i.e. a 16% tv increase by sneaking) makes it even worse.
Also, I don't care one bit "how things should be". Things are what they are, and both you and the other guy play by the same rules. And you fucked him over. And probably with glee.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Kondor wrote:

I'll be happy to help you test, if you think my teams can fit what you need.

I love it!! JanMattys sees my post and in essence responds with "I'm yer Huckleberry." (Quote from Tombstone, one of the best western films ever made)

PM sent to see if we can get a match or 10 in.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

I am extremely done with this conversation, but I hate lies. You had 1260 tv against 1250 tv. So you were +10. Then you hired a 160 bull merc. That makes the game a +170tv. Math is math is math. Nuff said.
Not that it matters. All my points are valid, no matter the tv diff. But 170 (i.e. a 16% tv increase by sneaking) makes it even worse.
Also, I don't care one bit "how things should be". Things are what they are, and both you and the other guy play by the same rules. And you fucked him over. And probably with glee.

Ok, but technically I added just 130 TV gap (140 if we consider the starting 10 TV difference between the teams, which is absolutely meaningless), this was my point, a Mercenary Rookie Bull Centaur is barely worth 130 TV, if you think that he's really worth 160 TV you are blatantly wrong. Yes, by the rules it's his price, but we know that pricings are not always correct, Bomber is a good example of that. Also, if you want to nitpick about my GF rules, please note that my opponent had no Apo, so I should have not even accepted that game, because I don't play vs teams without an Apo. So I made him a favour accepting a game I should have not accepted according to my rules.
Funny how you nitpick just 1 GF rule but not consider ALL my GF rules.
If he had the Apo (as he should have had) then the TV gap would have been lower by 50 TV (and if we consider 6 x Tackle skills, which are useless vs a Dodgeless team, I had 60 TV bloat too).
Feel free to continue, if you want to argue, since it's impossible to play BB on FUMBBL, looks like that spamming the forums it's the only thing left to do.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %27, %2022 - %15:%Jul; edited 5 times in total
 Jump to: