43 coaches online • Server time: 01:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

BVU Anvils statement on recent allegations

BVU today released a statement on allegations that they had received unofficial assistance for a recent preseason game.

According to head coach Faulcon, "Some pansy walked in and started talking about how we should be throwing the ball and even wanted to 'upgrade' one of our fields to show us how we should be doing it. He got kicked out of here before he could mess things up any worse."

Promising blitzer Thukar Redhorn added, "The smarmy bugger tells me I should be throwing the ball. Why would I want to let go of the ball after I just went and picked the blasted thing up? I pick it up and I let it go when I'm at the other end of the field, that's Anvil bloodbowl." After some consideration he added, "Well to be fair his instructions did come in useful when we tossed him out though I reckon he needs to work on the landing part."
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2014 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Dunenzed Dead or in Hiding?
Debby Demonbreeder – Sports Reporter for the Altdorf Daily

Recent rumors regarding a bounty being placed on the head of FCU coach Dunenzed appear to have some merit as it was reported today that an attempt had been made on his life by an assassin. Coach Dunenzed is receiving heavy public criticism within Marienburg for his teams loss to their enemy, the RAU Griffins. This has compounded with the wealthy and powerful outspoken parents of FCU players who have publicly denounced the coach's approach, especially in giving playing time to their children. There had been a rumor that these same parents had placed a sizable bounty on the head of the coach, after the University refused to assess their options until the end of the season.

While recently drinking at an establishment within the Free City, an assassin is alleged to have tried to shoot the coach with a concealed crossbow. Luckily coach Dunenzed had just picked up his stein to take a swig as the small bolt hit the mug in front of his heart. Dunenzed quickly left the establishment and hasn't been seen since. A close friend of the coach who wished to remain anonymous claimed he had packed his bag to depart the city that same evening.

In a statement released by FCU they expressed concern over the coaches well being and revealed that he hasn't had any communication with the University, any of its staff or players since. "Given the current circumstances the University is going to look for a new coach to take the reins in Dunenzed's place in his absence, however long that may be."

The Altdorf Daily will keep you updated of any sightings. We hope the coach is alive and wish him the best.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2014 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

In the post-match press conference, after an otherwise uneventful 0-0 draw between the Panthers and the Chevaliers, the Panthers head coach had this to say about failing to show up for their away game in Ulthuan.

- If the elves wanted to play, they should have come to the Empire. No further comments.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2014 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The only two sides that have a chance at a perfect half of the season will be playing tomorrow morning. Go Urslo!

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2014 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Goooo Ukthuan! Sorry Stu but I need you knocked back so i can catch ya Wink Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Belted!

The Pheonix are the team to beat finishing with 3 wins!

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

So....

Pheonix are on 9
Chevs, Anvils, Scorpians are on 7
Bears, Bulls, Unicorns are on 6
Yetees are on 5 with Mootland in their division
Gunners are on 3 with another game this phase against Mootland

I do declare no one else in the hunt for the Bowl!

1) Apologies to Karvov,
2) The Pride have a shot too, not having played the harlequins
2) Predictions are not taking into account further corruption, clearly a certain pussycat has been lining his pockets of late

Games of the next phase:
Bulls V Bears
Chevs V Anvils
Gunners V Scorpions
Unicorns V Phoenix V Pride... tough division!

Personally my money is on a Phoenix V Anvils Bowl, but I guess time will tell!

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You have a lot more confidence in my lads than I do, I expect to lose at least one game when a longbeard trips over his beard on a go for it trying to catch one of those speedy blighters (pretty much everyone that's not a dorf).
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I like your draw, Athel Loren would be your main concern imo, and your boys have done pretty good so far.

I think you need 15 points or more to qualify for a bowl on any given season. At the moment there are are 7 sides who can do it. I think one of every three or four seasons we might see a side on 14 get in.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Group B up to more corruption?

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Averheim get their first W of the season against Erengrad.

2 more and the proud record of never falling below .500 is retained. If not? The coach may be in strife.

Hmmm, might need an extension against TourneyFiller's team. That bloke apparently hasn't logged on in 44y! oO

lol

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Mid Season Power Rankings
Debby Demonbreeder – Sports Reporter for the Altdorf Daily

The Mid Season Power Rankings have been completed with a drastically different look than the pre-season predictions. Whereas last season it was the rise of the Eagles as an unknown quantity, this season it is the Anvils who have come from the unknown to rise in the rankings.

The top spot goes to the Scorpions who have overtaken the Griffins as the Imperial powerhouse in the competition so far this season. The Phoenix have deservedly taken up second spot on the back of their strong start.

The big riser has been the Unicorns who have announced themselves as the only contender to the Phoenix, given the failure of the Pride and Great Dragons. The Bears and Bulls did enough to solidify themselves a spot as a power.

The FCU, which is in turmoil after the disappearance of their coach has fallen way down in the rankings. Other fallers are the Eagles, Panthers and Stallions who should be unhappy with their efforts thus far.

1st – Riekland State Scorpions[+1]

2nd – Ulthuan State Phoenix[+3]

3rd – RAU Griffins[-2]

4th– NCU Gunners

5th – Urslo University Bears[+3]

6th – Wolfenburg Bulls[+1]

7th – Tor Anroc Unicorns[+9]

8th – Talebheim Panthers[-2]

9th – Athel Loren Great Eagles[-6]

10th – BVU Anvils[+7]

11th – Erengrad Yhettis[+7]

12th – Norscan Peninsula Buccaneers[+2]

13th – Guisorex Chevaliers[+2]

14th – MCC Harlequins[-4]

15th – Averheim University Stallions[-6]

16th – UOC Pride[-4]

17th – Caledor Great Dragons[-4]

18th – Hotchland Outlaws[+1]

19th – Mootland Fighting Cockerels[+1]

20th – FCU Crusaders[-9]

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to have a win but I don't know Averehim feel they even deserve 15th on their performances this season.

Anyway, we need to finish strongly.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Griffins ranked 3rd when there are 7 (possibly Cool sides with more points than them? That Debby loves them Imperial schools...

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Garandras

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Some how not last.. \o/
 Jump to: