28 coaches online • Server time: 08:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

DeadEnders Game 2

After that slow start against the Babes the DeadEnders faced a rookie Lizard team Xuzachtl Avengers and where very wary of those fast skinks running rings around there slow shambling undead roster, and their fears looked to be correct as the first TD went to the lizards after their attempted to stall on the sidelines was almost broken by a brave ghoul dodging into 3 TZ to go for the crowd surf unfortunately he burned a RR trying to get through the multiple of tackle zones to get to the target and was unable to RR the skull result he rolled for the surf. The lizards went on to score in turn 4.

Fortunately for the Deadenders the shining sun proved too much for there cold-blooded opponents and only 6 lizards took to the field for the 2nd drive, this proved to be a costly handicap as the Deadenders went on to score in the dying seconds of the half after stalling the flow off play and guarding the ball carrier from the depleted number of lizards.

The second half was a text book play from the undead players as they bashed a whole in the lizards defence leaving a gap for the ghoul ball carrier to get through with a few dead stragglers coming up behind to shield him. elsewhere on the pitch A Saurus by the name off Taxup learned not to mess with a mummy as he was forced into the stands and taught a lesson by the Enders fans, he now has a niggling injury that he will never forget.

Needless too say the ghoul went on to score the winning TD despite the efforts of a few brave skinks who where determined to either bring him down or dye trying, they even forced the ball loose at one stage but there just wasn't enough off them to stop the forward motion off the Enders and they went on too score in the last Enders turn.

All that remained was too offer up 3 cold bodies for the lizards to hit for a turn (The fact that they where actual dead skeletons propped up on stakes didn't seem to matter to the lizards and im not sure they even noticed), needless to say they went on to bash these bodies about and even foul one off them (T16 Foul Bad form 0.o ) but could do nothing to change the scores.

Final score 2-1 Deadenders

P.S For the Babes - we are here too stay and are more than equal to the challenge of finishing above you in this survival of the fittest.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Second Experiment´s Results:
This time we encontered a specie very similar as our trial specimens.2 of them were of the same type as Harriet and the others as our other turtles and frog, but smallest.It was a hard study indeed.It was surprising the adaptability potential of these little life forms.They were capable of handing strange tools,but very effective ones.Their agressive behaviour gave us some headhache.Harriet was overhelmed by his companions, and almost died.It was a good idea to bring some medicines.
Althoght they were fragile too.One of them couldn´t resist Doctor Dwarvin´s methods.
In conclussion: A curious specie.We should keep an eye of them in the future.
(The funniest match in ages, thx mate)
Royston

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

WardenUSA wrote:
also, i thought that: "Game deadlines will be every 7 days but if you can play quicker that would be grand." implied it would be round robin and not open play.

The open play decision was so that everyone could take their own "evolutionary" path, i.e. choose who to play next, have a game plan, that sort of thing. Personally as I'm playing humans I'm not bothered who I play, but after losing 3 players in the first match as High Elfs I would have played another Elf team or Flings next so as to avoid a further mauling.

There is indeed a 7 day deadline but it is only enforced by me and not by the site. I think the standard of coaches in our league will show that we can meet this deadline without any problems.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2009 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

bicarbonateofsteve wrote:
its been fixed hes been replaced already..

We've replaced WardenUSA with a coach who I'm certain will play the whole 20 matches.

Everyone who signed up to this league knew how many games would be involved. I can't believe someone would drop out after just one game.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2009 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

DeadEnders Game 3

Game 3 for the DeadEnders was a complete wash out, Not much can be said about my opponent and his Chaos Dwarf team Dwarvins I assume he is a good coach as he played well, but Nuffles intervention in the game meant that I couldn't get to see how well the coach plays, as a Fling team with no trees could have won this game against me without breaking a sweet.

It started with a miscalculation on my part meaning i did a 1DB against his troll with a mummy instead of blocking a few more dwarfs for 2 dice and clearing the trolls TZ of his assists, i promptly rolled both down and RR to another both down result. After this the game pretty much followed the same course, This course being

try something - Fail - Re roll - Fail - Turnover

On the bright side it was a great day for the Chaos Dwarfs as they picked up a total of 27 SPP and will hopefully be more than a match for my arch rivals the Babes, when there time comes to play the Dwarvins I wish them all the luck that I had in this match Smile

Final score 3 - 0 to the Dwarvins

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2009 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Third Experiment Results:

Specie: Undead (Evolutionary DeadEnders)

Another curious specie.Although being humanoid forms, we suggest that they have to be related with some kind of invertebrate, maybe Platyhelminths or Cnidaria, due to their awesome hability to rearrange their dismembered bodies.Trusting this hiphotesis, our methods could be more agressive, and our theory was confirmed.Only 2 of the six disintigrated specimens didn´t follow our predictions.
How many can they resist? We´ll try to solve this enigma in the future.

(PD: I agree with Shadow.I had a very lucky match, no matter how good or bad coach i am. And Shadow, i have new reinforcements to confront those Babes, muah ha ha ha Smile )
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2009 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Royston wrote:
bicarbonateofsteve wrote:
its been fixed hes been replaced already..

We've replaced WardenUSA with a coach who I'm certain will play the whole 20 matches.

Everyone who signed up to this league knew how many games would be involved. I can't believe someone would drop out after just one game.

Well, when you advertise then you could/should of mentioned that. I'm not going to play 6 more games in an open round format with a team that has very little chance of becoming anything. Feel free to try playing an elf team after you have 3 deaths in the first game.

Edit: Also I thought this would be fun to see what team/coach/race would be the best. Not who could cherry pick thier matches the best. I "Cant believe" you would look down on a coach not cherry picking.
Ashmodai

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2009 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Cherrypicking av8 elfs with only 1 bull? You had a lot of more chance to win mate.Sorry about the dices, but if all the races play in this league you have to bare with bashy and not bashy teams.This is BBowl
We hadn´t played any previous match, so the stadistic were in ur favour
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2009 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ashmodai wrote:
Cherrypicking av8 elfs with only 1 bull? You had a lot of more chance to win mate.Sorry about the dices, but if all the races play in this league you have to bare with bashy and not bashy teams.This is BBowl
We hadn´t played any previous match, so the stadistic were in ur favour

I'm sorry Ashmodai, I don't think you were cherry picking at all. What I was trying to say is that the league winner will probably be the person who picks his matchups the smartest and the way to do that is cherry picking. I thought our match was fun and fair. There were just a bunch of dead elfs =)
davo007

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2009 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

i think the point is, you have 20 games to play. so even getting mangeled in game 1 might make game 2 hard but thats 2 down 18 to go. Surely u dont expect the eventual winners to beat EVERYONE??
Ashmodai

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2009 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with davo007. And, in my case, I have the philosophy of playing teams with the same matches played as I in this league.
I would consider unfair if now that i have played 3 matches, the possinility of play with a starter team. Actually i don´t care about the races, i only play for fun (well yes, i also play league to win Razz).I play with the coaches that are available.
Each race has its strong points and its weaks.
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2009 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

davo007 wrote:
i think the point is, you have 20 games to play. so even getting mangeled in game 1 might make game 2 hard but thats 2 down 18 to go. Surely u dont expect the eventual winners to beat EVERYONE??

No, but there's 2 reasons.

1. It was not clear when I signed up that it was going to be an open format. I would not of joined if I had known that.
2. Losing 3 elfs and a 4'th one niggled gives me. 7 players to play if I buy a player and 6 if I buy an Apo. This is going to lead to a BUNCH of games where I am not competitive. Who should I have chosen to play? Who gets the easy games.

By being unhappy with both choices I decided to retire the team and be done with it. I'm not going to commit to 19 more games that are not going to be fun in a format that I didn't sign up for. If this had been a scheduled round robin I would of asked if I could roll a new team to replace my old team. If I was told no then I would of continued because I understand that risk was there when I made the team.
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2009 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

DeadEnders Game 4

Game 4 for the DeadEnders was another blow out for the Dead enders as they faced a rookie Orc team, Ramandolo Orcs.
One thing I can say about this team is that at least they are consistent, following the Standard Enders play book;

This coupled with yet another intercept for my opponents, this time in two TZ , the fact that my players started dropping like flies and gifting 21 SPP to the orcs leads me to believe that although this race has hit the end off their evolutionary path, maybe they have been on the wrong path all along.

A late breakaway by Stalin Oohsrev made the score a little less one sided but could do nothing to change the final result.

Final score 2 - 1 to Ramandolo Orcs

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2009 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

DeadEnders Game 5

Game 5 for the DeadEnders Was quite a surprise as we actually won a game. We where playing Evolution Elves and to the defence off the coach the cas count did make it quite an easy game for the Enders. although on a couple off turns the Enders did revert to the classic enders play off

On a whole they performed quite well, So well in fact that a member off the Evolution Elves took some pointers from our team, reached the end off his evolutionary path, and promptly joined the team, we welcome Sigurd to the roster.

The Enders as a whole do have one thing going for them, they seem to be impervious to all injuries and are nigh on indestructible with no cas suffered so far, weather or not they remain in this state remains to be seen.

Final score 2 - 1 to Evolutionary DeadEnders

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2009 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Beagle Babes Game 3:

Ridiculous luck in this game, injured most of Dalfort's Vampires and gained six new skills as well as enough cash for a second thrower, The championship title is beckoning the girls now...

By the way Shades, that is what luck looks like ; )

Good luck with the team Dalfort, i hope they fare much better in future games.....
 Jump to: