16 coaches online • Server time: 08:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

*tears flowing with pride*
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaingang 4 - Mammalians 2

In what was a very hard fought game of elf bowl, the chaingang took the early lead in the SWL premier with a 4-2 win over the wood elves.

Acinonyx Jabatus was feeling the pain before the game, but was quickly fixed up by the resident doctor, it was clear that the mammalians did not know what they were in for.

A quick exchange of touchdowns and some sleepy gangsters gave the woodies the upper hand towards the end of the second half, but a spate of injuries, to the wardancer and Acinonyx Jabatus were enough to tip the balance in favour of the fraudsters.

A hard fought battle that will leave the manic lads licking their wounds, and the fraudsters feeling slightly more upbeat about meeting their old foes and the stewards of the crown that rightfully belongs to the chaingang - the zeb adepts.

Promises to be a HUGE game.

stay tuned.
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Anyone who's interested in more structured league action than they can get from their 3 teams in the SWL, please PM Elan and let him know. Wink

Instead of Talking to Elan, Talk to Me or Drokmar, or just come to http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1458 Da Supa Leeg, A smaller version, which one day hopes to play crossovers with the Might of the Chaingang and other greats of the SWL.

Brad
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear All of you, SonofSharkboy and myself spent quite a bit of time chatting last night about the nature and beliefs that may or may not be flowering here in this little garden community known as SWL. In essence we more or less concluded (at least I did..SoS was drinking and may not even remember we talked) that outside of the general ettiquettes and what nots of Open fumbbl...the beauty of SWL was in the players. But there was concern that some coaches here may feel put upon to be "nice" when things are going bad for an opponent. That the Blood Lust of the game may be "softened" due to our "friendliness". I offer the idea that it is the oppisite. That within our community it is there to hit a team as hard as possible and then share a laugh together in IRC and forum afterword. The Div structure is fablous for creating great rivialiries and stories to "fluff up" our shared experience. But I would hope that the dice would only affect those little pixelated mutants and not be reason for a strain on "us". Let us rejoice in Blocking and fouling mercilessily, scoring TDs a plenty and throwing passes just to get a skill-up...and know that it is always with a "group hug" mentality that we gather 'round your Big Guy and start Dancing!

Any thoughts?

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Let us rejoice in Blocking and fouling mercilessily,

I am an outsider but I know in my leagues I want the coaches to play to win. And be mercifull once the win is secured. They may just be pixels but it's no fun for anyone to get beat up after the game is over. Merciless fouling just to foul helps to make people quit the league or concede games. Either of which is bad for everyone.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I play with the Kill 'em All philosophy in every game (SWL or not) and I don't give too hoots about your 100spp WarDancer, but I do not foul mercilessly unless provoked...

Unless your name is Duke Snakefield!

I do also foul alot when playing my "Howards Cowards" and I suggest you read the team bio before playing them for an explanation why.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

"Once the win is secured"...sure...ok...I wasn't suggesting we foul for foulings sake...but for all the forum space spent on the foul discussion alone you can't escape the fact that even a "tactical" foul may come at a price to a team. Hell...even a 1D Blk at the end of a turn "just for the heck of it" could kill somebody! T8 kick-offs with no hope of scoring? Yup...people die! While I respect Mully and his opinion I caution pulling one line out of the above text...it is a general "spirit" I am attempting to discuss. I also remind him that the SWL has a regional div to develop back-up teams to replace teams that meet such a horrible mashing. And as to people quitting the league...well...that really IS the point of this. I am suggesting that the SWL and it's members are bigger than that...that they see this game for what it is...and get more out of our community then just a Win-Loss record.

PS: How often is a Win REALLY secure anyway? Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Do people think that the TR cap in the QPool has promoted more violence? I believe so. Last season we happily engaged in friendly matches with no points for winning only for the purpose of accruing SPP in 10 games. Meaningless blocks fell away and fouling was non-existant.

Now with some psuedo regional trophy, 5pts for the win and a cap of TR150 which means really bashed teams should be able to get back to the 150 mark in reasonable time, I believe that the Pool has become more brutal. And I think thats a good thing, plus there is very little cherry picking... elves vs dwarfs, chaos vs flings (and flings winning Smile) games are common!

The Commish's deserve a pat on the back Wink

* shameless self gratuitous plug *
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

There is an Award for the Regionals??

Hmm i didnt notice only reason i was playing dwarves with my woodies is because everyone thought they were too strong
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting,

Yeah why not... although it sounds like you were sparked by a specific person, I approve and applaud the general statement approach.

Furthermore, I agree with your general statements.

Anyone want to take on the Prince Reagents? Or of course my Wicker Men in Qpool...

Naturally I'll be pretty pissed if my three best players get belted, but I'll laugh about it, too... a lower TR means I can start trying to undo the FF damage done by crappy rolling as I build again (for the third time).
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
In essence we more or less concluded (at least I did..SoS was drinking and may not even remember we talked) that outside of the general ettiquettes and what nots of Open fumbbl...the beauty of SWL was in the players.

:p Yuh I remember our talk though that was about the only conclusion we were able to draw from it all.

Quote:
While I respect Mully and his opinion I caution pulling one line out of the above text...it is a general "spirit" I am attempting to discuss.

Very true. :p

Quote:
That the Blood Lust of the game may be "softened" due to our "friendliness".

Maybe this is especially true for newer players? By newer I mean any of us who werent around for the first one or two seasons.

Quote:
I am suggesting that the SWL and it's members are bigger than that...that they see this game for what it is...and get more out of our community then just a Win-Loss record.

Very good point.

Now that I've yoinked your messages to peices (:p) I just wanted to say that this spirit you spoke of wasn't something I really understood till yesterday. Could it be possible that there are others like me? Maybe. I think the SWL main page does a great job (even if it is a tad out of date), but perhaps a lil sign should be posted at the door to the league mentioning how we have tons of love for each other, but the hands of mercy stop at the gates to the pitch.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I love you guys!

**sniff * sniff **

Razz
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the reasons I love this group is the unashamed bloodlust of the players. My own team is one of the biggest sufferers from this, but I enjoy every minute of it and try to give as good as I get, and even when I'm on the pointy end of the stick, I enjoy trying to carve out a win against the odds.

Mully, I think the health and vitality of SWL speaks for itself with regards to "Merciless fouling just to foul helps to make people quit the league or concede games. Either of which is bad for everyone." and it has obviously not hurt our league whatsoever. Personally, I really couldn't be bothered to join your league when you pretty much said you weren't interested in Dwarf teams, despite the fact that I likely never would have gotten any of the restricted skills you have in that league, and you were fine for me to play Skaven despite there already being more Skaven than Dwarfs in the league. This style of restricting the way people play the game #%^ me to tears.

And oz, hopefully we'll be able to finish our game on Sunday, was that 3 or 4 SI's for me at the halftime break? Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wallace - fine it's been done via PM instead

Last edited by Mully on %b %26, %2004 - %05:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

How the hell does a post about how great the SWL community is lead to a post like this? I'm new to fumbbl and this league but I've played most of my fumbbl games so far within the SWL in some form 'cos the atmosphere is sooo laid back and no one seems to give a crap or take anything to seriously, plenty of good fluff and trash talking but no real whingers or tossers. I don't give care how many skaven or dwarven teams some other league has, I don't care who is right or who said what to whom about someone. There is simply no need or excuse for turning yet another thread into a bitchfest! Cut it out!

Anyone I'll shut up before I become too much of a hypocrite or make things worse Smile

Peace!
 Jump to: