52 coaches online • Server time: 19:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen a lot of funny stuff on the board game BB too, like an ogre dodging successfully (without dodge or pro), doing 2 GFIs and then rolling trippelskulls for blitzing a GR... and I have seen similar thing in the client. I have once seen 8x6 in a row (resulting in two kills Very Happy ) and other insane things... but then I have seen soooo many "normal" games....
calgar1728

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah one time i was playing a faction game and i had the ball up 1-0 middle of the second half. i dodge out of the tackle zone, throw the td pass to go up 2-0, its 2+ im elves. i roll succesfully to throw and then the catch is a 1... i reroll and guess what a 1... so he manages to tie the game, depriving me of the win which i had 97.33% chance of getting. that was pretty annoying but the dice rolls cant do anything
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to say: BadMrMojo -

The post you referred to in the link is my favourite of your body of work, also. Smile

Congratulations are also in order because even though you get pretty damn cranky, you essentially are the most patient explainer of maths in the universe. Well done again.

It is hard not to call people who don't get probability/randomness "stupid" but it is also unfair to say that. They are not stupid, they are simply uneducated and very very stubborn.

A lethal cocktail - poorly thought out ideas carried out with stubborn determination have caused thousands of needless deaths over the years. And yet being "strong-willed" is seen as a virtue. Go figure.

Anyway... good work, BadMrMojo, you are a champion of the cause of public education.
G_u_s

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

^
|
|

like he said ^^

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

well, as to refer to the original post (failing twice in row with (2) reroll (1), while the nasty elves did (6) (6) to steal the ball): Go get some elves and you would have succeeded at least the pick up Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can't hack the dice not going your way go play Counterstrike or read through the previous threads like this one.

If you you whinged as hard when you got four vital sixes in a row someone might listen, but this is laughable Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
BadMrMojo wrote:
btw, mez... that avatar is killing me. Overcompensating for something? It's 'uuuuuuge. Razz

Um, 64 x 64 pixels is huge? You are seeing the munchkin picture, right? 3.1k in size and all that...

I'm not getting the munchkin picture. I'm getting a 300 x 216 picture of a flower. No, I am not kidding you.

Hmm.. I just viewed the image and refreshed it and now I am getting the munchkin pic again... Maybe my cache is just screwy. Not sure who was looking at flowers on my machine, though....

edit: yeah. it's all better. Somehow it must have been calling the wrong image from my cache for the past 3 or 4 days. bizarre.

And to covertfun, whomever said that patience was a virtue clearly never suffered from it. Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm, just something that came to my mind and want to ask BadMrMojo: isn't it true that the more dice you roll the chances for long stretches of same rolls increases? Just a thought Wink

Btw. I think, the Java Number Generator is random enough, if you roll that few dice.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think threads about randomness and fouling needs to be forever banned from the forums Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

My wildest personal single episode experiences with BB, are all from the board game.
-Once i saw a three dice block come up with triple skull, RR tripleskull again.
-a halfling coach scored in a spree of sixes. He rolled 9 dices, 6 came up as sixes - and two of them HAD to be sixes(pick up in TZ´s and a "long bomb").
-I have also seen a DE witch make five dodges in TZ´s 3+ rolls without failing only to fall on the 2+ dodge with RR and dying in the process as the Apo failed.
-Just like this guy who dodged three times in a kroxigors TZ, making all of them, instead of dodging out once and move the player there.
-Or another guy who didn´t realise the potential of stripball, and assists. He simply leaped inside the cages, without taking out the assists first. Then with three dices against he hoped for three pows. And he honestly felt unlucky if it didn´t happen. He tried four times against me, and he never got a single skull....

In all these cases all u can do is to shudder ur head, watch in disbelief and laugh.

In a average game, with lets say 1000 dice rolls, there´ll be about 30 double 1/skulls. (They won´t be real double 1/ skull, since they might come at one dice blocks, kick off tables etc.)
Renno

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Put the crack pipe back in your mouths and go play a game.

I was venting which I'm sure the lot of you have in the past.

I have a winning record and play well most the time but do make mistakes especially if I've been up for a couple days straight but in the end it is all fun.

If you didn't want to read this post or hear me vent then you shouldn't click on it. Wink
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

how about 2 RiP in a row?

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if i'm repeating anyone, but this thread is getting toooo long.

My point - So what ! If it isn't random it is the same for all of us. So take it like a man and get on with it.

Yesterday on turn 1 i rolled skull, followed by skull, turn 2 doub skull followed by doub skull, then turn 3 two failed GFi's

SO WHAT ! I've seen it happen to plenty of my oppo's.

If you play the game for fun, it all helps make the game good. Think how much you laugh when your oppo fails a GFI on the last turn for a TD. So when it happens to you at least think of the fun somebody is having ! ! !

Remember - IT IS A GAME. ( What's the chance of landing on Mayfair in Monopoly - Who Cares ? Close your eyes and roll ! )

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2004 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:

For I am Jinxed. And my poor dice are legendary even in hell.

that gotta suck Sad
cthol

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

yesterday:turn 7: ball in endzone, on ground. my player in endzone, beside ball. his player adjacent to both my player and ball. I blitz him with another guy. doubleskulls. lol, man that's funny he says, just before he whacks my guy in the endzone, and rolls doubleskulls. hahaha i say, and go to blitz the remaining guy with a tacklezone on the ball: doubleskulls. Game over. Funny? yes. Complaining? No. Random? Well, in as far as the factors contributing to the selection of numbers are unknown to me, and ( and this is the crucial point) not deliberately chosen (i.e. if the factors deciding the rolls were a man in a shed watching the game and giving me whatever results he wahted, unknown to me, it would not be random) then yes, random. With dice, there's lots of physics about air friction and spin and so on, so technically there's nothing random at all about dice: just ask someone who can throw craps perfectly every time, I have seen this done, it's a hard skill to learn. And with a computer there's an algorithm of some kind. Either way, I don't know how it works, and I'm reasonably happy to accept that it is to all intents and purposes, random. I would argue that there is in fact nothing random in the universe: even geiger counters counting radiation aren't random: there must be some factor governing whether an atom loses an electron or not, we just don't know what it is; therefore it appears to be random. If you really want to moan about random processes try playing against a craps thrower, who I guarantee will never fail a single roll (only he will, now and then, to stop you getting suspicious:) )
 Jump to: