46 coaches online • Server time: 19:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Vesto

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Finland, Finland, Finland! Three medals in last five Olympics.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life.
Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out
death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
FreshFruitFiend

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure I'm going to incur some people's almighty wrath for this, but I am very wary of any game that can regularly end in a 0-0 tie. What's the point? Football (or soccer as it's called in some places) has always striked me as a very slow paced game that can't even incorporate a decent amount of intellectual stategy. In my opinion, anyone in their right mind would rather PLAY football then WATCH football, and the only reason anybody wants to play football is because they were brought up on the game from childhood.

Not to mention the fact that you have a legitemate chance of dying or being trampled any time you go to see a match.

I admire hockey because, as previous posters have already mentioned, the powers that be have recently tried to modify it into a less mindlessly violent, faster-paced, higher-scoring, and more strategic game. I think all in all it will pay off for the NHL (unless the latest Gretzky betting scandal does too much P.R. damage).

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

FFF, you're sort of right. Hockey has always been a highly strategic game (even in the bad old trap days). What the powers that be have seen fit to do, is tip the balance back towards a game that is offensively oriented. Pretty much all the changes are simply the muckymucks sitting down and figuring out ways to make it harder to play defence. This is not to say it's a bad thing, far from it, I like the new NHL better too. But there is no more strategy involved now than there was before, it's just different. I'd even go so far as to say there is less. With gifted individuals allowed to shine more, I'd hypothesize that team based strategies are slightly less important.

As for Gretzky, I'm going to wait until anyone is convicted of anything before I pass judgement. Right now it looks like some cops in Jersey trying to get heads for their mantles.
thesquig

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hockey is for girls and isnt even worth the forum space.

Whos looking forward to the champions league?

lordchaos

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Snappy_Dresser wrote:
Darkwolf wrote:
Well the swiss knocked off the czechs! Holy cow. Haske went down like a beaten house wife and Vokoun sharted himself in net!

Sweden also loses to the russians!! Well looks like its time for Darkwolf's new predeictions

Gold- Canada, eh
Silver- Russia
Bronze- Slovakia

Slovakia is my darkhorse(wolf) pick! Good nhl'ers and they take advantage of sweden and the czechs!

I think we need to see how Canada sizes up against a credible opponent before we order the bubbly there, DW.

And fellas, take it easy on Lordchaos. He's from Surrey, so it's really quite an accomplishment that he can read Smile .

*N.B.: Every city has an area that has the reputation for being a shithole, full of drug addicts, gangs, and hookers. Vancouver's is called Surrey. Lordchaos is from it.

Hells yeah I'm from it and damn proud of it. Actually there is only 3 crackheads in east newton where I live and they all live below my apartment building. They ask me for money or smokes every time I walk by them. I'm pretty sure one of them is snappy dresser's mom. I can't tell cause of all the pock marks but she smells like Snappy's record...shitty.

As far as winnipeg goes. That place is a hole in the earth. how can you say Vancouver sucks when it's considered one of the best places to live on the planet. And no sun? Are you kidding me? Obviously you weren't here in the summer.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

lordchaos wrote:
Snappy_Dresser wrote:
Darkwolf wrote:
Well the swiss knocked off the czechs! Holy cow. Haske went down like a beaten house wife and Vokoun sharted himself in net!

Sweden also loses to the russians!! Well looks like its time for Darkwolf's new predeictions

Gold- Canada, eh
Silver- Russia
Bronze- Slovakia

Slovakia is my darkhorse(wolf) pick! Good nhl'ers and they take advantage of sweden and the czechs!

I think we need to see how Canada sizes up against a credible opponent before we order the bubbly there, DW.

And fellas, take it easy on Lordchaos. He's from Surrey, so it's really quite an accomplishment that he can read Smile .

*N.B.: Every city has an area that has the reputation for being a shithole, full of drug addicts, gangs, and hookers. Vancouver's is called Surrey. Lordchaos is from it.

Hells yeah I'm from it and damn proud of it. Actually there is only 3 crackheads in east newton where I live and they all live below my apartment building. They ask me for money or smokes every time I walk by them. I'm pretty sure one of them is snappy dresser's mom. I can't tell cause of all the pock marks but she smells like Snappy's record...shitty.

As far as winnipeg goes. That place is a hole in the earth. how can you say Vancouver sucks when it's considered one of the best places to live on the planet. And no sun? Are you kidding me? Obviously you weren't here in the summer.

I was just kidding. There are some very nice parts of Surrey. But you live in Newton?!? That's like Whalley bad! I'd think up some pithy cutting response, but you live in Newton, nothing I could say would be as bad as that.

And btw, when they say Vancouver is a beautiful city to live in (and it is, in the Summer), they aren't talking about Surrey Very Happy
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

True enough. Surrey isn't beautiful. It takes a tough man to live here.
Where the hell you from anyway? You seem to know alot about Surrey. Why don't you check out my comic in my signature link if you hate Surrey so much.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

All over, but currently Beautiful Downtown Vancouver. As for Surrey, I don't hate it. It's just fun to engage in a little regional ribbing now and then. And it takes a tough man to drink Drano, but i wouldn't recommend it.
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh...so you live on hastings then. Or maybe denman and davie? Let me guess you play fumbbl when you aren't squeegin' by science world? Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Glass houses friend, glass houses
lord_real

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

You got it all wrong.

Its not just hockey that sucks.
All real life sports and sports on TV are for idiots. Wink

Thankfully games as blood bowl can be invented based on some of them. So they are apperantly just a waste of money and energy.

And god, oh god how I hate the olympics. Just boring sports all the time on the TV.
Thank god for bit torrent....

And yes I AM not really serious. Smile
I hope that people arent offended. Or actually it would be fun to be a forum-troll for once. Twisted Evil
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I like sports, when I'm the one using my muscles. Watching it from TV is like...well, it's like sitting on your sofa and watching tv.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

thesquig wrote:

Well, this tread is known as hockey and so it should stick... (ok pun not intended) to it, we could open a champion league thread tho...

Tho I think some Italian team may win it, maybe a black and white one...

Plus Italy has done its duty by beating in skating the canadian team in the olympics.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Ironik wrote:
thesquig wrote:

Well, this tread is known as hockey and so it should stick... (ok pun not intended) to it, we could open a champion league thread tho...

Plus Italy has done its duty by beating in skating the canadian team in the olympics.

Ahh, but skating is merely one skill that you must master, young grasshopper.

You must also master shooting, body checking, fist fighting on ice skates, and (though it is a lost art) mullet growing.
WERTHOR

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2006 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Ahaha, i thought there was something wrong in you Iron, but i never expected that you were a damned "gobbo"! Wink
Forza Empoli!
 Jump to: