41 coaches online • Server time: 01:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

...and why does the slaves roller have different stats to the snotling one? They need to be equal pieces of equipment and cost the same, afterall a slave is no stronger than a snotling (and snotlings are more cunning).

Other than that they are looking good. Very Happy

Last edited by mr-maverick on %b %27, %2011 - %10:%May; edited 1 time in total
MiBasse

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

mr-maverick wrote:
I wouldn't give nurglings decay, the +1 mod for stunty is enough without them getting hit twice

Stunty in CRP is not +1 to injury. It makes 9 into a BH instead of a KO, but there is no injury roll on a 9.
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: May 27, 2011 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough, but still double injuries to stunty players is evil (I know stunty is evil incarnate but i think thats taking it too far)

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2011 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

mr-maverick wrote:
I wouldn't give nurglings decay

Note that every player on the team has the possibility of creating "new" Nurglings. The combination of Nurgle's Rot and Decay is thematic (see the Nurgle Team).
mr-maverick wrote:
...and why does the slaves roller have different stats to the snotling one?

They were different items when the "Snotroller" was added back in LRB4
mr-maverick wrote:
They need to be equal pieces of equipment and cost the same, afterall a slave is no stronger than a snotling (and snotlings are more cunning).

I don't think they need to be equal... The Snotling pumpwagon (a B&C) is different than a goblin fanatic (also a B&C). The two are simply different pieces of machinery.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2011 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:

mr-maverick wrote:
...and why does the slaves roller have different stats to the snotling one?

actually, the stat lines on the skryre roller vs the snotling roller were identical...they were both 5/4/3/10...the differences between the two were in the special skills....FA for skryres & bone head for snotlings(and cost to reflect that)...

Craftnburn wrote:
mr-maverick wrote:
They need to be equal pieces of equipment and cost the same, afterall a slave is no stronger than a snotling (and snotlings are more cunning).

I don't think they need to be equal... The Snotling pumpwagon (a B&C) is different than a goblin fanatic (also a B&C). The two are simply different pieces of machinery.

well...in this case..you're both wrong....

first off, craft you're wrong in that your example is a terrible example....the pumpwagon is a vastly different machine than the goblin fanatic, because it's just that....

the fanatic is a lone goblin spinning in circles, while the pumpwagon is a machine ran by snotlings...multiple...

now, with that being said...maverick, you're wrong too...they don't need to be equal pieces of equipment, or cost the same, because they're not the same piece of equipment...they're the same in that they serve the same function, but they're different in that they are both built by a different race, and have been constructed to function differently...

just because one race has a positional, and another has a similar one, doesn't mean they have to be identical....that's where the fluff & flavor comes in to play...

--j

ImageImage
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2011 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

actually, the stat lines on the skryre roller vs the snotling roller were identical...they were both 5/4/3/10...the differences between the two were in the special skills....FA for skryres & bone head for snotlings(and cost to reflect that)...

Yeah, that's why I said:

Craftnburn wrote:

shadow46x2 wrote:

the pumpwagon is a vastly different machine than the goblin fanatic, because it's just that....

Yeah, that's why I said:

Craftnburn wrote:

The two are simply different pieces of machinery.

shadow46x2 wrote:

they don't need to be equal pieces of equipment, or cost the same, because they're not the same piece of equipment...

Yeah that's why I said:

Craftnburn wrote:

I don't think they need to be equal...

I suppose you just couldn't bring yourself to agree with me... Razz
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2011 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

um...i don't agree with you craft...because your example was just that...a terrible example...

you compared the actions of a player to that of a machine, and used that as justification as to why they should be different....

what's next?...going to compare a 4 year old to a diesel truck, and use that as justification as to why a truck is more powerful?

next time, try using an accurate comparison, and then maybe i'll agree with you...

--j

ImageImage
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2011 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

look at shadow putting his foot down, woooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

shadow any idea when stunty will be moving over or are we waiting for the other 'bugs' being sorted first?

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2011 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

check the stickied thread...posted an update sunday

--j

ImageImage
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A poor (albeit arguably so) example doesn't make me "wrong" about them being different. You know this of course, but you just can't bring yourself to agree with me, which is why I said:

Craftnburn wrote:

I suppose you just couldn't bring yourself to agree with me...

Razz
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, since we still don't really know what the final CRP Stunty Rosters are going to look like.. Here's a few changes from my earlier suggestions (now that I have more CRP experience):

Eshin Adepts
0-1 Eshin Assassin 100000 6 2 4 6 Dodge, Pro, Wrestle G, A
0-2 Night Runner 80000 6 2 3 6 Stab A
0-2 Eshin Stalker 70000 6 2 3 6 Stunty, Shadowing, Wrestle A
0-12 Eshin Adept 50000 6 2 3 6 Stunty, Wrestle A

Re-roll counter: 60000 gold pieces each
Apothecary: Yes
Wizard: No

Forest Goblin
0-2 Spider Rider 90000 7 3 2 7 Bone-head, Dodge, Tentacles, Shadowing, Two Heads A S
0-2 Shaman 70000 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Foul Appearence, Stunty G A
0-4 Stikka 60000 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Fend, Secret Weapon, Stab A
0-16 Forest Goblin 40000 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty A

Wizard: Yes

Gnoblar
0-1* Ogre Maneater 140000 5 5 2 9 Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate S
0-1* Ogre Gorger 140000 6 5 1 8 Loner, Always Hungry, Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate, Wild Animal S
0-1* Ogre Iron Gut 140000 4 5 2 10 Loner, Bone-head, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate S
0-4 Trappers 60000 5 2 3 7 Dodge, Grab, Right Stuff, Stunty, Tentacles A
0-2 Gnoblar Hero 50000 6 1 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Titchy G,A
0-16 Gnoblar 30000 6 1 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Titchy A
*Note: A total of two Ogres is allowed.

Re-roll counter: 70000 gold pieces each

Skink
0-1 Adept of Sotek 100000 7 2 3 7 Dodge, Stab, Stunty A
0-2 Raptor 90000 7 2 3 7 Dauntless, Dodge, Frenzy, No Hands, Piling On, Stunty A, G
0-2 Whiptail 70000 8 1 3 7 Dodge, Prehensile Tail, Side Step, Stunty A
0-16 Skink 60000 7 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty A

Skryre Slaves
0-1 Deathroller 120000 5 4 3 10 Loner, Dirty Player, Foul Appearance, Juggernaut, Mighty Blow, No Hands, Secret Weapon, Stand Firm S
0-2 Mechavermin 100000 4 3 1 10 Stand Firm, Thick Skull G, S, M
0-2 Sharpshooter 70000 5 2 3 6 Accurate, Hail Mary Pass, Secret Weapon, Strong Arm, Stunty A, P
0-1 Poisoned Wind Globadier 60000 5 1 3 6 Bombardier, Dodge, Foul Appearance, Secret Weapon A
0-16 Slave 30000 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Guard, Stunty A

Last edited by Craftnburn on %b %24, %2012 - %02:%Jan; edited 4 times in total
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't Gnoblars have access to a wizard to reflect the presence of Gut Magic? It's fluffy! Or maybe a Runesmith would be more accurate?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

one comment: Skryre Deathrollers seem to have lost the st 7 from your previous changes, which I assume is a typo?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
Shouldn't Gnoblars have access to a wizard to reflect the presence of Gut Magic? It's fluffy! Or maybe a Runesmith would be more accurate?

No idea, I don't know anything about GHW's Gnoblars aside from what I can infer from the BB Roster.

happygrue wrote:
one comment: Skryre Deathrollers seem to have lost the st 7 from your previous changes, which I assume is a typo?

I'm not sure when it changed, I think I was basing it off of Shadow's https://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=races&div=3
happygrue

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2012 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, I see. Perhaps the cost is a bit much then, I don't know who would go for a str 4 secret weapon for 160K?

Jump to: