42 coaches online • Server time: 15:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with PurpleChest

I like the feature of being able to select people into groups, but I like instead that you would right click or left click on people and then get a menu to sort them into the group you want. If you want to take the person lowest on your list, you have to drag scroll up to put them into the group.

I dont like the idea of that you can see who you have friend listed. Just a personal opinion though.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The other thing I'm a little confused about is in the Groups section at the foot of my page Under each group name is says short league message here. But I don't seem to be able to edit this so it contains a message.

and would it look better or worse to have the pannel headers in a green border like the fumbbl front page - https://fumbbl.com/ with the same nice rounded edges?
Just so the theme was consistent throughout, I'm not sure if it would look better or worse, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

When I try to PM someone now, this appears on my screen 'Unable to find page: FUMBBL.php' and the message doesn't get sent.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

"great improvement, graphically" Read this somewhere but I honestly cannot agree. Homepage looks like some testpage from Zuckerbergs first facebook attempts. Sad Change takes me out of my comfort zone. lol Plus I'm a strong believer if it ain't broke don't try and fix it. Smile Do appreciate the time you put into all of this C. And I could be the only one who thinks this sucks anyway.Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Araznaroth wrote:
"great improvement, graphically" Read this somewhere but I honestly cannot agree. Homepage looks like some testpage from Zuckerbergs first facebook attempts. Sad Change takes me out of my comfort zone. lol Plus I'm a strong believer if it ain't broke don't try and fix it. Smile Do appreciate the time you put into all of this C. And I could be the only one who thinks this sucks anyway.Smile

I kinda agree...

It seems to squeezed into 2/3 of my screen on the left side, the blog headings are 3 times the font size than the rest of the fonts and it all seems whitescreen and confusing.
Elyoukey

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Araznaroth wrote:
"great improvement, graphically" Read this somewhere but I honestly cannot agree.

i think the same, the page looks a bit messy (especially the coach header): nothing is aligned, the styles are differents from the header of the site, i think a Ux work could be used here.
of course everything stays technically good, but if it was only for me i'd rather get the old user page.

my 2 cents

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

the white doesnt look great with the baige background maybe if it was more of a grey there wouldnt be so much contrast like the bottom of the bbc website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/ and google also uses the same white and grey as bbc.

That said I am really just splitting hairs.

Also all hyperlinks are in red, rather than black, though this may just be because I am at work where they are still using IE7, so can't confirm if this an old browser issue yet.

Last edited by Garion on %b %10, %2013 - %10:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this is related but when I try to update league scores, all the graphics are broken and when I click update, it brings me back to my coachpage and gives out a message: 'Unable to find fumbbl.php'.

The score doesn't get updated.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Not fond of the new background color or having red text!
Guess this can be fixed with other settings.
I miss the old profile page (though it could be updated) especially the tournament wins listed!
I like to check out my opponent profile and find that info in one place including profile pic.

Customization upgrades seems nice but will have to find time to check i out.

I liked CR mainly as it gave me incentive to try to improve when down on my luck.

SL
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i think CR maybe should be shown somewhere, even if you could only see your own and no one elses, as achieving CR is of 180 is a goal for some. Or instead maybe if there was something above Legend, so if you get to a CR of 180 you get a star next to legend or something.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
yeah i think CR maybe should be shown somewhere, even if you could only see your own and no one elses, as achieving CR is of 180 is a goal for some. Or instead maybe if there was something above Legend, so if you get to a CR of 180 you get a star next to legend or something.

If someone want to check his CR I noticed that the old "ranking pages" still exist, but it would be nice to see your own CR easily.
Anyway I like that now we can show the race based CR (that is not a cr but I do not Know how to refer to it Razz)... it would be nice if you can select which one you want to see from other coach

I also like the improved customization, but all this white doesn't look really nice.

Not sure if this is a bug but I can see other coaches' friends lists.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the new layout. And breaking the teams up in division categories is awesome. Over all there seems to be a lot of room for customization which is great! Well done sir.

My only "gripe" would be that the colour is too high contrast and an option to change it to the same as on team pages and the forum would be nice. The old background colour is friendlier to the eye. Pure white on a computer screen is bad for your eyes and eye sight.

Keep up the excellent work C! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, appreciate the effort Christer. Although now I'd say we could do with some updated themes. Make it happen! (Please x)
Mephistodragonbane

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I love how the teams are broken up by sections and that you can change your layout to suit what you want. BUT I have a few gripes:

1. the colour contrast is terrible and makes the whole page seem washed out and very...basic.
2. I can't view my page to see what others see anymore. So I don't know If It looks good or not.
3. I only have one rank in my top right hand corner, where as on the demo page you showed a few. Is there a way to change this?
4. (for other coaches) if you don't like other people seeing who you've friended (although why you have anything to hide is odd) you can change your setting so people can't see who you've friended.

Edit
5. Like with the blogs part. Could we get the forums taken from the top and added to the side bar? (not a gripe just a question)

Last edited by Mephistodragonbane on %b %10, %2013 - %12:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
ruzgar

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2013 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

More nit-picking:

When you go to the 'vs record' page it takes you back to your own page. It used to leave you on the coach's page so that when you clicked 'overview' it went back to that coach's overview, not your own. I know it's just me not wanting to find the ever shrinking back button on my browser, but it would undo a bit of clicking. Less clicking is happy for the whole family!
 Jump to: