70 coaches online • Server time: 20:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
KPL
Oh, yeah, Iam in.
46%
 46%  [ 70 ]
Iam outta here
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
PIE: is this a pointless poll or what?
36%
 36%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 150

sann0638

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely Premri?

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, the first vampire to skill up should take accurate and string arm, then fire the ball at all those AG2 retards as an offensive weapon... "You, thrall, stand next to that skeleton" "But he'll hit me" "No, you will distract him while I throw this at his head"

Hey, no need to throw. Just walk up and hand it to him. "Here you go" "What? Noooo! Agh!"
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
Surely Premri?

What?

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You want spiked ball anarchy I think this is the plan.

Throw-ra: first skill Hail Mary Pass.

Big scrum breaks out in the middle of the pitch, a common event in the KPL.

BUT there is one open square in the middle of it all.

HMP on top of the empty square and let the spiked ball pin ball around for a few squares if all goes as planned.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
You want spiked ball anarchy I think this is the plan.

Throw-ra: first skill Hail Mary Pass.

Big scrum breaks out in the middle of the pitch, a common event in the KPL.

BUT there is one open square in the middle of it all.

HMP on top of the empty square and let the spiked ball pin ball around for a few squares if all goes as planned.

For added fun do this when raining
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

you guys are all crazy. This is going to be fun.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri Dust Tigers training facility. The sun is at its zenith and it is a golden day in the land of Khemri. The team is getting some practice time in. The Blitz-ra's and linos are pounding the blocking dummies. The mummies are perfecting their blocking techniques and pumping some iron on the sideline for fun.

At the far end of the field though is were the main action is. The Coaching staff is lined up on the sideline trying to "coach up" 7 throw-ra they have brought in for tryouts. The throw-ra are all lined up throwning quick and short passes at some targets lined up.

"Ok you sacks of bones everybody line up single file. Now we all know your #1 job on the team is to pick up the ball. I cannot stress how important your job is. If you cannot perform the most basic function of a Throw-ra you will be cut from the team and put on pyramid building duties.

Now the first thing I want to see is how you field the kick off. It is a very important part of your job and if you bumble it on turn 1 you will put us in a bad spot."

Coach heads to mid field were there are 8 skeletons standing there. Each holding a spiked ball in their hands.

"Ok, you loutz listen up and listen up good. I need to find a kicker or two amongest you gits. It is imperative that we get our kicking game up to form and pin the other team deep. So line up and start kicking that ball. I want to see some coffin corner kicks. Now lets get to it."

the first skeleton steps up and drops the ball and his leg swings up, good form and all and then he hits one of the spikes. His leg shatters in 8 spots and he crumbles to the ground.

The second one steps up and boots the ball off the side of his foot. Lands in the stands in row 8.

The thrid one steps up and kicks the ball in a tight spiral down the middle of the pitch.

"NOW THAT IS WHAT IAM TALKING ABOUT!!!!"

The throw-ra at the other end moves deftly in position to catch the ball. He lines up right underneith of it. But the sun blinds him. The ball arcs out of the sky and smashes the throw-ra right in the head. His head explodes as the spikes rip his skeleton frame into 100 pieces. The ball rips through his rib cage, through his pelvis and he crumbles. The ball sits perfectly on the pitch, nose down with the spikes holding it up like it was on a kicking tee with the remains of the rookie all around it.

Coach covers his eyes and shakes his head

"Ok, guys here is the new plan......."

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I do love how everyone has the same idea of using the ball as a weapon.

__Synn
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
sann0638 wrote:
Surely Premri?

What?

Phemriership Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobnibblers!

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so we have 26 teams ready to rumble in the KPL. Lets take a look at the breakdown.

We have:
13 Khemri Teams
9 necromantic Teams
2 Undead Teams
2 Vampire Teams

Khemri Teams are the smash and bash team of the KPL. 4 Tomb Guardians to dominate the LOS and they also have the only roster in the KPL with a true thrower.

Necro teams are the speed burners of the KPL with their wolves and ghouls running around. They are also the only team in the KPL with CPOMB access. Can the MA of the wolves and the ghouls put them over the top in the KPL

Undead has had a poor showing so far. But they have the best big guy in the KPL the mummy. 4 ghouls to ball handle and a good mix of skeleton and zombie LOS guys. They are obviously the tweener team of the KPL.

Vampire teams will probaly have a tough go of it at first. BUT IF we get to season 4 and beyond? Vamps are dominant players. Get some of them to the 76+ range and now you have the monsters of the KPL Dominating the pitch with their uber skills and abilities.

4 very diffrent styles of teams in the KPL should make this an interesting tactical match up. I have a feeling a lot of coaches play undead in open play and want to try out something diffrent in the KPL.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Still go room for more?
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

cthol wrote:
Still got room for more?

KPL is accepting ALL applications up until Sunday night.

So read the KPL rules, make your team and get applied.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Over the weekend when I have some time I will track one of you guys down to do a test run on the KPL optional rules.

Here is what I need. We will put two teams in a tournament. Preferable one of them Necro and another one that has a player with PO.

I want to make sure that all the optional rules are working.

I have gotten conflicting reports now on the Stand Firm optional rule. So I would like to dodge out some golems and other players to make sure it is not buggy. IF it works fine then we will use the SF optional rule.

Also I have been told that setting up the league with the optional rules is critical. You do the set up wrong and the optional rules will not take place for the tournament. So I want to do a test run on it so I dont mess up the settings for the league.

If I see one of you guys around this weekend I might drop you a line to check this stuff out first. I dont anticipate it taking more than 10 minutes or so.

I want the kick off to go smooth with no bumps in the road.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2013 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of points about the optional rules: OT isn't an option, it only applies in Knockout and King of the Hill tournaments, not Swiss or Round Robin. See http://fumbbl.com/help:Tournament+Structure.

And as I recall from the S tourney that used it, unfortunately a spiked ball in a scrum doesn't stab everyone who fails a catch, only the last player to do so.