13 coaches online • Server time: 05:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

1940 Chaos defeated 2-0 against 1260 humans in this match

The wizard was a very good one, but the choas also were not your standard CPOMB spam

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3516938
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay for Wizards and Morg!!!

If nothing else, seeing fun inducements is going to be worth it Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Win for da humans!

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

this is so cool Very Happy
perhaps there's hope for stunties aswell...
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, I only lost to prove that the new scheduler works perfectly and that there is no need for any rule changes. Well, that's my excuse anyway...

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I was sure Christer was going to make a great choice, and this seems to me like one.

While not changing the rules, this new matchmaking gives a lot of boosts to B:
- it simulates long TT leagues, where you'll face huge opponents even if your team gets destroyed and you'll have to trust on inducements (after 30+ games)
- it drives extreme minmaxing (i.e. TV stalling) to higher TV opponents
- it increases the chances of getting a match
- it gives killer teams more chances to play each others
- it gives Halfling teams the chance to have huge inducement fun!

Simple (but not easy to get) and effective, I'd say this is great! Thanks Christer!
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the changes are excellent Christer. They have the potential to fix some of the worst bits of the box whilst keeping it's brutal nature (maybe even making it more fearsome in a way). Next step is for the community to take up the challenge to ensure we bring the diversity we need for it to continue to thrive.

I'd suggest that the end of Febuary might be the time to review the CRP+ ideas. Give this scheduler update time to bed in.

Join the Human League Premiership!
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
I was sure Christer was going to make a great choice, and this seems to me like one.

While not changing the rules, this new matchmaking gives a lot of boosts to B:
- it simulates long TT leagues, where you'll face huge opponents even if your team gets destroyed and you'll have to trust on inducements (after 30+ games)
- it drives extreme minmaxing (i.e. TV stalling) to higher TV opponents
- it increases the chances of getting a match
- it gives killer teams more chances to play each others
- it gives Halfling teams the chance to have huge inducement fun!

Simple (but not easy to get) and effective, I'd say this is great! Thanks Christer!

+1
omg I can make a goblin team in the box with out feeling like its an exercise in futility! thanks christer

regarding racial bias.
is any still there? does it need to be? I personally have no sympathy for amazons getting matched against dwarves. personally I don't want any games against dwarves. playing a specific team (amazons) to avoid certain matchups (dwarves) defeats the purpose of the box.

P.S damn brasky was a prophet! funny how well potential changes are received depending on who brings up the change Smile
Pepe_le_Moko

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a lurker here who plays table top and cyanide but I thought I'd post to say these changes make me want to give B and fumbbl a go.

In this thread or the other sticky, I have seen people express the concern that deviating from the official ruleset could potentially turn fumbbl into a backwater. But imo this is quite the opposite. There was a risk of that happening when fumbbl was stuck with lrb4 and everybody else was playing crp but now this will make fumbbl the vanguard of blood bowl.
krytie

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Big fan of these changes and can't wait to try them out later in the week. I've rarely had any inducements in the Box -- now goblins and flings might actually be able to use their special rules without buying them in petty cash Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 00:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

1 and 3 i am utterly sold on, having read Christer explain 2 a bit, i think it could work out great.

So great work Boss.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you C !
I welcome the change, it seems good and if it don't work we can go back.
However i don't know how playing gobs/'fling will be worthwhile, having to wait so long for no more being matched by TV is going to be nightmare.
Also if TV still count in the matchmaking formula after 30 games (i mean not total random match up) it won't change a lot IMHO (but i may have misunderstood how it works).
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizfall wrote:
Thank you C !
I welcome the change, it seems good and if it don't work we can go back.
However i don't know how playing gobs/'fling will be worthwhile, having to wait so long for no more being matched by TV is going to be nightmare.
Also if TV still count in the matchmaking formula after 30 games (i mean not total random match up) it won't change a lot IMHO (but i may have misunderstood how it works).

yeah the 1st 25 games will be painful, but not much different to gobbos starting in league. I started a gobbo team in the box to see what kind of matchups I will get after 20 odd games. either way this is a much better proposition for goblins and halflings then straight up tv matchmaking.
Scaramanga

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Very interesting and looks very good.

What is exactly the racial bias ?????
nufflehatesme

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Scaramanga wrote:
Very interesting and looks very good.

What is exactly the racial bias ?????

I wasn't around so someone please correct me if I am wrong
back in lrb4 when the box was created, it was decided that mirror match's were undesirable and certain matchups were "unfair" and should have a bias against getting matched together (i.e. amazon v dwarf). on the flip side some matchups were weighted to happen slightly more often due to the perceived closeness of the racial matchup.
i.e. humans were decided they have a close matchup with chaos, so are more likely to draw the chaos team in the draw.
also means the best way to avoid chaos, is by playing chaos.
outdated idea in my opinion. the box should be 100% random matchups, not 100% - racial bias
 Jump to: