46 coaches online • Server time: 17:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mijjy

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

after an atrocious run of games i have decided to remove my necromantic team from the divisions as they simply get crushed ALL THE TIME

unfortunate that
i will not do it immediately but will wait for clay or another mod to get back to me regarding whether i should bin them straightaway or just leave them there to rot!
cheers
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea My necro team is not fairing well at all either. I have a wolf with two niggles that I cannot get rid of. Not sure weather to pull out.
lynx_dragon

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

dont tell me u guys are afraid of elves?
Mijjy

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

one character has a niggle?

how about a wolf and a golem dead in one game. next game dead zombie. next game nothing much but 2 niggles, and finally the next game was a dead wolf and a dead zombie again
try that for luck, and none were caused by fouling
theopacman

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Stick at it guys in my necromatic team i lost three golems killed and still manage to continue.(and some ghouls one a pass accurate )

Grey ghost dump him then concentrate on building the wights
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Face it, everyone goes the Wolves every chance tyhey can get, they are just fodder gristle for the mill, concentrate on developing your other players and let the Wolves takes the lumps and you will see those teams turn around I reckons.

In regards to the "oh, my team is trashed, im thinking of pulling out" well DON'T. Sure you may have a bad season, it happens. Hell my Orcs aint won a game in pretty much two seasons now, but they is still in there and still kicking head. its what its about, how you face the adversity is how you show your true colours.. At the end of a season, if your truly unhappy with the team, promote your regional team to the divs, they should be hovering around the 150 mark, slap a last game in em tpo push em over and then announce their done and ready for the divs with the new season. But don't, please, drop mid season. its not fair on your fellow coaches. Play your games, take your lumps and show us all what a reliable coach you are and a good person to put on our "Must Play Again" lists.

A courageous example is Chunky04's I-House , those guys take a pasting, week in and week out. they have carried off the field way more than their fair share of broken and mangled comrades. but each week they step back into the stadium, cross that white line, let the fever take hold and are right back into it. You gotta admire that kind of commitment, good efforts Chunkster!

Take heart, keep at it, itll turn around lads! And one day the tide will WIN again! BECAUSE IT CAN'T STAY OUT FOR EVER!

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys,

The reason we have the qpool for the specific reason if your team gets trashed, you may change it. But changes are only to be done between seasons.

Players retiring teams mid-season in teh SWL is not looked favourably on... it spoils it for the guys who have done well in trashing your team and is unfair on the guys who are yet to play your "trashed" team.

My advice, play your SWL games as per the draw and work on your qpool team to fine tune them to TR150 to promote them in Season 6.

And also, I echo Joe's advice, it is not all lost... you can recover and develop a team. My own team has done so after nearly being relegated to Div 2 and gaining promotion to the Premier League the next.

Good Luck
Clay
Mijjy

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2004 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

goodo, that is why i wanted to wait from u to get the final word, thought it wouldnt be nice to pull out mid season. can do it later cheers!
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to Hijack the thread to advertise a new League, but well that's what I'm doing Very Happy Check out the Stable League .

I'm sure we can get a few stables of SWL's in there!
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah im looking for people to join me in making one

Clay, Twahn, Neverborn, Faulcon any of you guys interested?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I am happy to have a look at anyone in the SWL who puts up a unique league concept... Wallace, you're league concept sounds interesting but I will need some time to digest it... and if I do enter, it will only be with trusted (re SWLers) coaches.

But guys, stop hijacking the SWL thread coz I need to remind everyone that <b>Round 2 games are due this Sunday!</b>

And what is doing with <b>merv</b> and <b>Faulcon</b>? Round 1? Remember?
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Does Merv know Season 5 has started?

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

All,

Please welcome <b>andycapp</b> and his new Orc team to the SWL Regional / QPool Championship...

Enjoy the fresh meat boys!
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Div 2 Game 2 between the Black Crowes and I-House has ended in a 1-1 draw. But more importantly it has also ended the life of one of Div 2's, and the SWL for that matter, more feared players; JealousGuy. Get the continuing story of this bunch of Horned funsters in the game report here.

And be sure and check the final story in Channel BB from Ed Harsh, here

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic write up oz! Pure Gold!
 Jump to: