23 coaches online • Server time: 05:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Falesh

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2007 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If my Putrid Posse can beat the Naggaroth DarkStars I will probably get to face Synn's Dead Bunnies United followed by Jack Daniel's Competitive Eaters. So one way or the other I predict that I won't get that much further in the tournament. Razz
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2007 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I see the group 41 favourites as Grey Havens Gladiators. High TR Elves, plenty of cash, they're in the ELF, so can cope with bashers, full squad, good record.

It's tough to look past good Elves with Wizards in a pool of bashers, imo. However, I'd love to prove you correct, spelle. Wink
Malerun

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2007 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:

Group 60: Da Kave Killaz coached by KrizRicht

Not gonna happen! In a really tense game I beat KrizRicht 2-1 in OT.

A really great game, with 2 basher side focusing a lot on the pigskin. First the orc pummeled their way to a 1-0 lead in 6 turns, MNG a +ST, +MA, Block ghoul. Then the undeads tried to even things out before the half, but the wight missed the catch in the end zone.

In 2nd half the undeads did an 8th turn "Funeral march" downfield killing a lineman and thus gaining an zombie, but in the end they still had to resort to a pass to get the ball in the EZ. Then the orcs tried to set up a OT TTM attempt, but luckily the troll fumbled the gobbo, and the game went into overtime.

The orcs started by bringing the thrower carrying the ball almost up to the LOS, but the undead swarmed around and tried to sack him. He tried to get rid of the ball (dump off) but failed. The undeads crowded to players and secured to ball in a couple off turn and began running the ball downfield to a 2-1 lead. But in the turn prior to the score the unskilled mummy SH it self resulting in a niggling! Sad

In the remaining 3 turns the orcs pushed hard trying to get a few player downfield, but the undead defence mustered the last strength and hold them off for a well deserved 2-1 win.

As we had to reload after I tied in my 8th turn, 2 half, the replay is the just his last turn and the overtime:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1897684

Now bring a recovery game, preferably versus the humans, as I'm 10.000 short of a new mummy!

I predict the dwarfs Khaldun Racing coached by DirtyBrian to advance and the orcs Rodbetors coached by kypseli, even though it's little cheap to guess this close to 3 game for some off the teams.
mighty_scoop

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2007 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:

Group 56: Metropolis Paranoid Androids coached by mighty_scoop

I`ve managed to advance with my Androids to the 2nd round (a really close match vs Piispa Humans ... my wiz was the game winner) ...
next opponent is Xenon`s CD team ... will be a tough challenge Mad
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2007 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Group 47 was tipped to be won by the Competitive Eaters...

Anyone want to give me odds of beating them??
Dominik

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2007 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Odds: 1:20 against you
xcver

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2007 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

out of curiosity I just checked the races of all teams currently in the FC group:

Race Amount
Amazon 15
Chaos 68
Chaos Dwarf 29
Dark Elf 39
Dwarf 39
Elf 6
Goblin 7
Halfling 4
High Elf 20
Human 28
Khemri 15
Lizardmen 8
Necromantic 10
Norse 8
Nurgle's Rotters 9
Ogre 9
Orc 93
Skaven 22
Undead 33
Vampire 6
Wood Elf 25
Total 493

As expected Orcs and Chaos are by far the most played races.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2007 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Start sacrificing kittens to Nuffle.
With the right handicaps and a wizard you *COULD* stand a chance... but no dp... geez man...

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2007 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

xcver wrote:
out of curiosity I just checked the races of all teams currently in the FC group:

But you know, that there are much fewer teams in the Cup than these 493? It began with 512 and almost all 1st round games are played.
Approximately 256 teams should still be in the cup.

If you are bored, go and count again, pairing for pairing. Smile
xcver

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2007 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
xcver wrote:

But you know, that there are much fewer teams in the Cup than these 493? It began with 512 and almost all 1st round games are played.
Approximately 256 teams should still be in the cup.

If you are bored, go and count again, pairing for pairing. Smile

I guess I'm not that bored...Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, all first games have been played! Man has it been an exciting week! And this is just the beginning!

12 of my 64 predicted winners fell out in their first games already. Agh!

Red Flags fell on coin flip vs some norse in what must have been a spectacular game, with 4-4 TD and 7-8 cas!
Some more upsets, most notably the fall of the Ultimate Superheroes!

In group 52 I want to predict a swapped in team for the victory as Nocturama coached by MadTias joined in one of the weaker groups of 8. Won't help me though, my predicted winner has already lost!

The swaps made some things weird, TR 100 flings for Dorum Dire, Easy game for Cloggys rotters instead of a hard fight. We will see after the 3 games have been played how I did.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

5 round one games are missing
xcver

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The Wood Elves had a hard time against the Flings barely scraping together a 2:1 victory...nice one to replay Smile Cheering was immense in that game Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you got group 39 wrong your prediction went out in his first match. So whos gonna go through now?
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2007 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Flix wrote:
5 round one games are missing

Yup, but all the ones with my predicted winners are done Smile