45 coaches online • Server time: 17:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aenir

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2007 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

is it possible to add that to stunty, or does FA also dip into that a bit?
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2007 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The FA simulates that kind of deflection.
Aenir

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2007 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought FA was the Oh God, their in my hair type annoyance?
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2007 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

well since FA works at a distance...
Aenir

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2007 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

got it Very Happy
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2007 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:

The bats are cool, but Pass Block on something with No hands is quasi-illegal.. "The move may only be made if it allows the player to move into position to make an interception (which No Hands can never do), or to put the thrower or catcher into his tacklezone. " Enforcing this would be a nightmare.

Possibly, but the Pass Block skill is possible on No Hands players anyway, so this wouldn't be a new nightmare. I think it's safe to say that if they move to any of the Pass Block squares, the move is okay.

Also, where is the definition of No Hands? I looked in LRB 4 and couldn't find it. If it simply says that any attempt to catch or intercept the ball automatically fails, then there's no trouble - just move to the interception spot, try to intercept, and fail. The issue only occurs if the player can't even attempt a catch or intercept.

The place I could find where this was most closely defined was for Buzzing, which says "[the player] will automatically fail any attempt to pick up, intercept or catch the ball." A Buzzing player could clearly use Pass Block to get into position (and then fail the intercept), so I think this is a sound interpretation for No Hands in general.
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2007 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think "or to put the thrower or catcher into his tackle zone" is the important part of this skill with regard to the bats. Even if they may not do so to catch the ball, they may put a tz on the passer/receiver.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2007 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that's the issue at hand.

Especially with Foul Appearance, you might want to move your bat into an intercept position in order to project FA. Now, it's my impression that this is okay even with No Hands, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Tophat

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2007 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Pirog wrote:
No matter how many handicaps you pour on them, no team in stunty league should have an abundance of G access. It will outweigh the handicaps no matter how many they are.

No offense, but blanket statements like this are just wrong.

Consider that they are MA 3 AG 2, how long would it take to get 6 spp much less 16! Without Dodge (or even Block to start) they'll get knocked down A LOT! They're Really Stupid which makes getting up difficult much less anything that earns SPP.

But in an open league it wont matter how long it would take only if they would be broken when they got there .

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2007 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

the idea of a swarm of bats as well goes against the idea of an 11 man team

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2007 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

just like snotlings?

The Boyz
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2007 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
I don't think that's the issue at hand.

Especially with Foul Appearance, you might want to move your bat into an intercept position in order to project FA. Now, it's my impression that this is okay even with No Hands, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

I think that Pass Block for the sake of Foul Appearance interference should be allowable as well.

Tophat wrote:
the idea of a swarm of bats as well goes against the idea of an 11 man team

And I don't see why you think that. It still counts as one player.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
If it simply says that any attempt to catch or intercept the ball automatically fails, then there's no trouble - just move to the interception spot, try to intercept, and fail. The issue only occurs if the player can't even attempt a catch or intercept.

The client will not let you even select a No Hands player as the potential interceptor, thus they could never be "in a position to make an interception".
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we can leave off the discussion of a No Hands player being a potential interceptor for the Pass Block move. Putting a TZ on the passer or catcher is the key here. And as I stated earlier, I think that moving the FA into range should be allowable as well.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2007 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I have bucketloads of experience in stunty, it seems that most linemen don't normally get additional tools to succeed at their task initially.

I personally like the 4 2 2 7 Regen thick skull 40K S Zombi. Their only task is to basically get in the way. If you REALLY wanted to make them even more one dimensional, lower their AG to 1.

I like the Necromancer with both A and P skill access.

Also, wererats with wild animal will make it difficult to use both every turn, without setting up the blocks, leaving the wererats in tz's on your prev turn. I like it.

Pass Blocking/Foul Appearance bats are an interesting add on.

The beasts being potential scorers with extra arms....

I'd also be more inclined to go with 2 bat swarms, and lose the Giant rat. You already have the wererats for cas machines on top of the abominations.

So far, this team and the one version of the Brey Herd seem to be the 2 more interesting lists.
 Jump to: