44 coaches online • Server time: 09:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
On1

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
We want tables! We want Tables! Really complicated ones! That we're too lazy to make ourselves!

lol Smile
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Statistics update bump.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice MadTias. Keep up the great work!!
MadTias

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2009 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

LC III
Coach Cribbleobblepie’s CD team Big Hats FTW are the LC 2009 champions! By a coin-toss! Congratulations! Although it looks like the Big Hats have some major restructuring ahead of them, with niggles on four key players including both bulls (one of which makes Hthark look weak). Cool

Cribble’s CD beat reigning GLT champions Fleetfoot’s Revenge, coached by Malmir, in the epic 1-1 final. The final was something extraordinary, with great excitement on the field, a huge number of spectators and some incredible plays from Cribble. Time and again it seemed like Malmir had sealed the win, but Cribble managed to come back every time. My (extra-big) hat off to the both of you for putting on such a show. Very Happy

Coach Cribble has never appeared in a major’s top-8 before, but it was coach Malmir’s third appearance and second final, all with Fleetfoot’s Revenge. The Revenge thus becomes the second ever team to appear in three top-8 and two finals, the first being the Nandorins. Respect. The remaining coaches in the top-8 scored their first appearance, all but coach WG|Dark_Angel, who made his second appearance with the same Chaos team, Death’s Angels. For being a top-8 of little previous major’s fame, it was still an impressive line-up of respected coaches. Making it in the majors isn’t easy! Razz

In the all-time race, coach PeteW retains his lead in trophies and his shared lead (with BooAhl) in top-8 appearances.

Races
Chaos Dwarves take their second major’s trophy with the LC, moving ahead of Amazons and Chaos and up to par with HE and Skaven, while Orcs further increase their lead over DE in final appearances (now eleven to eight).

The flat entry method might have had some impact on the racial diversity, as the AV7 teams seem to have done worse than usual: no Skaven or WE team made it to the top-8. It was instead the usual suspects of AV8 and AV9 that made up the top-8: Orcs, two DE, two Chaos, Dwarf and CD and a HE. There was no movement in the all-time top-8 racial standings.

There are still six races left with no top-8 appearance: Goblin, Halfling, Necro, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire.

As usual, all the statistics are available in the post on the first page of the thread. See you in the FC!
MadTias

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2009 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

***Did you know?

LC III champions Big Hats FTW had exactly the same TS (254) going into the final 16 as the only previous CD team that won a major: Earthshakers, winners of FC I. Cool
PeteW

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2009 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work as always MadTias!

Are you going to add the [B] major stats to this thread? Or do you think that should be a separate entity?

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2009 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Great work as always MadTias!

Are you going to add the [B] major stats to this thread? Or do you think that should be a separate entity?

Thank you, and gratz on another majors final appearance! Smile

I will not be adding the B major, it doesn't have nearly the same status as the R majors (yet). I reserve the right to change my mind in the future, but for now these stats will be from the R majors.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2009 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Those [B] Major apperances is not as High End as the Ranked Majors. With the FUMBBL Cup being the Jewel of them all.

While we are at subject of Majors and Stats. I can happily inform that I put PeteW far behind in most top 8 apperances. With my Undeads reaching the top 8 putting me at 6 appearances in REAL FUMMBL majors. Also with 4 different races. Not one of them being Elf-races, Orcs Dwarfs or Chaos.

Just so you all know How good I am! =D

BA
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2009 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackbox majors don't have the same status as Ranked majors, because most of them haven't even been made yet! Smile

However, status and respect must be generated over time.

I bet we will see B-major stats added soon enough Wink
MadTias

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2009 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I have updated the stats re: silly cheaters. Mad His stats stay in the list for completeness, but are marked. Thank Nuffle the admin staff took action. Well done indeed.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2009 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
While we are at subject of Majors and Stats. I can happily inform that I put PeteW far behind in most top 8 apperances. With my Undeads reaching the top 8 putting me at 6 appearances in REAL FUMMBL majors. Also with 4 different races. Not one of them being Elf-races, Orcs Dwarfs or Chaos.

Just so you all know How good I am! =D

Good job, congratulations and respect! Smile
MadTias

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2009 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

FC VIII

Coach neophyte’s CD team Beernatics are the FC 2009 champions! Congratulations! Smile Neophyte beat coach Ulrik’s Lizard team Dirty Little Dinos in the 2-1 final. Coach Ulrik actually had the upper hand for most of the final, as the Dinos were bashing the Beernatics hard. Neophyte could not field a full team for second half and a potential OT would have been even more in favour of the Dinos. But the Beernatics pulled the rabbit out of the hat with a 1-0 steal on Ulrik’s first half drive in spite of being outnumbered and then sealed the deal with 2-0 on a lone run from Hthark on their own second half drive.

Neophyte showed championship skills here, prevailing in the face of adverse dice and thus proving himself worthy to lift the FUMBBL Cup trophy. Like reigning LC champions Big Hats FTW, the Beernatics could field two stat increased Bull Centaurs together with Hthark for their championship run, making the task somewhat easier for the coach. Seems like you should make sure to bring your uber-bulls if you plan to build a competitive majors CD team! Surprised Also like the Big Hats, the Beernatics seem to have some restructuring ahead of them, with niggles on both bulls.

Neither coach had appeared in a major’s final before, but this was coach neophyte’s second appearance in the top-8. Coach Ulrik made his first appearance, as did all of the coaches emerging from the upper half of the field. Contrarily, all the coaches from the bottom half were previously established in the majors: apart from neophyte coach Rijssiej made his second top-8 appearance, coach Flix his fourth and coach BooAhl his sixth! That was a tough lower half to come through and coach neophyte deserves credit.

Not only was it a tough half because of the coaches involved, but the Beernatics were also the weakest team ever to go into the final 16 of a major and come out champions! Surprised Their TR/TS was 245/214 in the round of 16, same TS but lower TR than the Best Coaches, who held the weakest team honour from FC VII. The format of the FC seems to take its toll on the teams and make them weaker towards the end than the average for champion teams in the other majors.

BooAhl’s sixth top-8 appearance makes him the coach with the most all-time appearances, pulling one ahead of coach PeteW, who retains his lead in trophies (three). Congratulations BooAhl! Smile Coaches Rijssiej and Flix made their second appearances with the same teams, ORC International and Skull Crushas respectively. See how the established coaches bring Orcs to the majors? Wink As always, it’s good to see well-known and respected teams in the top-8 to create that epic feel of the majors.

On a more serious note, the FC VIII cheating ring obviously had an impact on this tournament. Mad The cheating was an insult to all coaches on the site who take an interest in the majors and I salute the swift and decisive action taken by the admin team to handle the situation. The cheating coaches should be deeply ashamed of themselves. I hope that this occurrence marks a moral low-point and that we can be spared such idiocy in the future.

Races

Chaos Dwarves are definitely on a roll, winning two consecutive majors! They take their third major’s trophy with the FC VIII, moving ahead of HE and Skaven and up to par with DE and Dwarves. Congratulations CD! Smile But the most exciting news from the 25th major is the first ever final appearance of Lizardmen! Congratulations Lizards, and well done coach Ulrik! Smile Lizards join Amazons and Khemri on a single final appearance. Lizards also pull one top-8 appearance ahead of Amazons in the all-time race, making them the hottest thing in Lustria for the moment. Cool

The second most exciting news is the first ever top-8 appearance by a Necromantic team, in the form of coach freak_in_a_frock’s team Pray For Death. Congratulations Necro, and well done freak! Smile Now there are only five races left with no top-8 appearance: Goblin, Halfling, Nurgle, Ogre and Vampire.

At the top of the all time top-8 list, Orcs pull further ahead of DE. But it was an unusual top-8, with Lizards, Necro and Undead mixing it up with the usual races. Such diversity adds to the fun! Smile Chaos teams were conspicuously missing from the top-8, perhaps because some of the most powerful Chaos teams in the tournament turned out to be built by dirty stinking cheaters (ahem) and were disqualified. Evil or Very Mad

As usual, all the statistics are available in the post on the first page of the thread. See you in the WO!
SvenS

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2009 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work! Very Happy Pls keep it up!

SL
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2009 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

nice report from a awsome fumbble cup. keep upp the good work
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2009 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice!

Just wanna make it clear, I have never brought Orcs or Any kind of elf to the top 8!

Quote:

BooAhl’s sixth top-8 appearance makes him the coach with the most all-time appearances, pulling one ahead of coach PeteW, who retains his lead in trophies (three). Congratulations BooAhl! Smile Coaches Rijssiej and Flix made their second appearances with the same teams, ORC International and Skull Crushas respectively. See how the established coaches bring Orcs to the majors? Wink As always, it’s good to see well-known and respected teams in the top-8 to create that epic feel of the majors.
 Jump to: