26 coaches online • Server time: 00:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Enar

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest problem with last b-day was that (by accident!) both ageing and casualties got disabled, combined with excessive SFC-abuse.

The FC-action I spectated with monster teams from the B-day was not impressive. Seems the coaches rely soley on killing the other team, and when that failed, they where more or less easily put out of the race. Now they'll probably go into hiatus until next major arrives.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The no-ageing aspect of the birthday will affect matches that are reported on the birthday. There is no point waiting for your skill rolls to avoid that ageing roll if the match is reported before the birthday starts (midnight). Also note that this is in effect after the birthday ends, so any matches reported on the birthday will have ageing rolls removed, even if you pick the skills on the 4th.

The "no injury" part will be handled strictly on the server. The client will show injuries as normal, but all casualties will be converted to BHs on the site. Again, this will ONLY happen on matches that are reported on the birthday (midnight to midnight, jan 3rd).

um...it wasn't by accident...it was 100% intentional

--j

ImageImage
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Well we are allmost to the end of the FC and were are all the birthday teams?

We have gone a full year of Majors and one pimped out Birthday team took home a trophy,

I think its now official that the Birthday team theory is now dead. I firmly believe 99.7% of all Birthday teams are now killed off and only the Brotherhood and a few other hiding under rocks are left.

... or perhaps most of them just arent very well coached Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I agree Silly that the few B-day teams that went into the FC were probally not coached very well, I have no clue actually, and Enars point that most of the B-Day teams were "killer" type teams did not help out much either. The answer is probally a blending of both your points. The B-Day team that never materailized to my shock are the Wood Elf Uber teams. The B-Day was the perfect day to get a solid to bad ass Woodie team up and running. BUT they proablly ran into the same fate the vast majority of us did. GOt some nice skill ups with no ageing but time (number of games) slowly wore us down and the run lasted for a month and then it was back to normal.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

KAOS is still going, no?

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

KAOS is still in the running. BUT KAOS a B-Day team? they played four games on the Birthday. I would not call them a B-Day team but hey the actuall definition of a B-Day team is still up in the air for some coaches. Some would call the Eaters a B-day team but I would not.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
KAOS is still going, no?

KAOS were horrific well before the birthday. They won the Orc XFL last year remember?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
rostern

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Why the hell i am reading this allready at 5th page
Enar

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
um...it wasn't by accident...it was 100% intentional

--j

Ok, the fool is me then. As I remember it Christer stated in the chat on the very early morning of January 3:rd that it was not his intention to leave last years bonus plus the no-age, but as some games had already benefited from this it was not changed. I guess we can argue about this until Skynet shuts us down though. I won't search the irc-logs to prove such a moot point.

If not by accident, then by bad design. Still the mistake was combining no-age with no-cas and SFC, imho.
Chewie

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem was the SFCs.

I know why it was done - indeed, they helped us over the million game mark.

With that milestone (millstone? Razz) out of the way, we won't need to run SFC on the next birthday.
Will we?
I mean, it's not like there has been many Legend SFC since, is it?
(Last one was in FEBRUARY)

No SFC to abuse on the Birthday = No problem with uber pimped teams.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
KAOS is still in the running. BUT KAOS a B-Day team? they played four games on the Birthday. I would not call them a B-Day team but hey the actuall definition of a B-Day team is still up in the air for some coaches. Some would call the Eaters a B-day team but I would not.

5 games, and then did not play another game until the FC.
f0rd

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

5 games, and then did not play another game until the FC.

It was damn hard, I got hundreds of offers each time they were on gf Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
People like Lewdgrip and Alibaba played over 20 games with a team for the strict intention of entering a major.

__Synn

I dint play to enter a major, i played so many games cause perms were disabled. Tournaments are not my priority on playing. I hate nigglings on ageing and i would be happy if the nigglings on ageing were disabled for ever cause everytime one of my players receive a niggling by ageing, my heart is bleeding Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem as I see is difficult. Some most people had fun on the birthday. I saw people there who hadn't been online all year.

Personally I think the fun of the majority should overide the misery of the minority who are at a disadvantage in majors.

But it is difficult.

Lewdgrip, however probably has a sense of humour to rival the most amused person on the planet. Bravo there.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
The problem was the SFCs.

SFCs were definately not the problem. If SFCs were the abuse then you'd see them being played all the time. The real problem was that it was impossible for players to get injured in any way, SFCs just accellerated the problem.

Jump to: