43 coaches online • Server time: 16:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

Chewie

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick note to explain what is going to happen with the 2 coaches that have let us know that they'll be away from the site for a few weeks:

Until Russo and Grimgor_Ironhide get back, all of their games will be forfeited to the opposing team when we can. The two coaches should only miss a couple of games each, and will have their work cut out to avoid relegation...
hobo

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

After reading the PMs that some coaches wrote me on the issue of promotion and relegation I´ve decided to go for the 1 auto promotion and play off for the runner up.
Any coach who want´s to retire the team can forget to stay in the same division with the new team - Conference South is the way you will go.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

hobo wrote:
After reading the PMs that some coaches wrote me on the issue of promotion and relegation I´ve decided to go for the 1 auto promotion and play off for the runner up.

Hobo, I still don't understand exactly what that means.. but I don't plan on being in position for relegation, so it doesn't matter to me!
hobo

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn: The last team in Premiership will get relegated and the winner of Championship promoted

The runner up in championship will go to play off vs the second last team in Premiership. The winner in that game plays in Premiership the next season and the looser in Championship.

The same system all the way down to conference south.

That gives a mazimum of teams getting relegated from each division.

Edit: Nice to see that some teams allready have played their first two games!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah makes sense now.
hobo

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Ah makes sense now.

Very Happy sweet
phubar

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

hobo wrote:
Craftnburn: The last team in Premiership will get relegated and the winner of Championship promoted

The runner up in championship will go to play off vs the second last team in Premiership. The winner in that game plays in Premiership the next season and the looser in Championship.

The same system all the way down to conference south.

That gives a mazimum of teams getting relegated from each division.

So what happens if, say 1 team retires from the Prem and 1 from the Championship?

A) What happens the the bottom remaining team in the Prem (7th place)? Do they get relegated, with 6th place going to the playoff, or does 6th stay and 7th go to the playoff? (In the first case, 1st and 2nd in Champ would be promoted and 3rd would go tot the playoff, in the second, 1st would get promoted and 2nd would go to the playoff).

B) Since 1 more team went up from Champ than came down from Prem, that leaves 6 teams remaining in Champ. So at least 2 have to come up from Conference North... How will that be handled? Will the top 2 go up automatically? In which case, will there be a playoff between 3rd in ConfN and 7th in Champ?

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
elvenavatar

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

pm's have been sent between myself and my opponent, due to massive time gap just waiting on a good time for us both to play, will keep you posted... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

To make it easier for everyone - don´t retire your teams.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Great. Can you default Ironhide's game #2 vs Bristol Reavers, so I can get on with the league, or might he return to face our wrath?

Chewie wrote:
Just a quick note to explain what is going to happen with the 2 coaches that have let us know that they'll be away from the site for a few weeks:

Until Russo and Grimgor_Ironhide get back, all of their games will be forfeited to the opposing team when we can. The two coaches should only miss a couple of games each, and will have their work cut out to avoid relegation...
Chewie

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Done pythrr Smile

ALL retired teams will start over in the conference. Promotion and relegation will be ajusted accordingly:
Eg 2 teams retire from The Premiership, 1 from The Championship
Slots into the premiership will increase by 2, slots into the championship increase by 1, and this filters down through the leagues. All changes will happen at the end of the season, after the league, league cup, league part2 and obba cup have been played.
In order to stave off any further questions here is the schedule for the season:
League Part 1
League Cup
League Part 2
OBBA Cup

The league is in 2 parts due to the need to play every team in your league twice, and doing it this way leaves space for the cups, details of which we will reveal nearer the time (like when hobo and the rest of us have thought about them... Wink ).

Hope that clears that one up, any questions, grab us in #obba
phubar

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
Done pythrr Smile

ALL retired teams will start over in the conference. Promotion and relegation will be ajusted accordingly:
Eg 2 teams retire from The Premiership, 1 from The Championship
Slots into the premiership will increase by 2, slots into the championship increase by 1, and this filters down through the leagues.

I've been trying to point out that what you just wrote won't work. If 2 retire from Prem and 1 from Championship, then you need to increase slots in the Championship by 3. Championship will have lost 3 teams: 2 to Premiership and 1 to retirement.

My basic question, is, "Do retired teams count towards the teams that are supposed to be relegated from each Division after every season?" So, in the above scenario, if 2 teams retire from the Premiership, how many get relegated to Championship? If you also have one auto-relegation, and one loses the playoff, that means only 4 of the 8 teams would stay in the Premiership for the next season...

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the phrase "this filters down through the league" is fairly clear. Teams move up in the required numbers to fill out the league above. The bottom team still gets relegated (they are not saved by another team retiring) and the 2nd bottom still plays off.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I've pm'd my opponent with a link to a world meeting planner so that we can set a time to play our match that is reasonable for both of us.

"When you have shot and killed a man you have in some measure clarified your attitude toward him. You have given a definite answer to a definite problem. For better or worse you have acted decisively. In a way, the next move is up to him." R.A. Lafferty
dunkel

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it will be best to wait until the end of the season before we all ask questions about promotion, relegation and retirement. The situation should be a lot clearer at the end of the season when we know which teams have retired, making it easier to deal with promotion and relegation depending on the numbers of spaces available in each division.

<Trog> Even if you win, you're still retarded
 Jump to: