34 coaches online • Server time: 15:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post A Guide to Finding G...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Tentacles and Frenzy
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the only racial bias was to prevent mirror matches, now that has been removed.

Thanks Christer for the changes, I am looking forward to some Box matches with juicy handicaps.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Will be watching closely to see who smallman's pact get under the new matching rules. Smile

This is a great initiative Christer. This will help everyone get fair games. The Min Max'ers can now get their just deserts, covered in whip cream, chocolate fudge, and (/me hopes) a cherry on top.

Jeffro
Igvy

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, days of the old box are dead.
I'll be curious how this is taken.

I do fear you've just encouraged the creation of a new team every 20-30 games.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing that some modification to the match 'suitability' is still applied based on the races of the teams.

Perhaps if Claw and PO are nerfed, people might next exploit low TV amazons for wins. Maybe then we might see a removal of the racial modifiers, and let dwarves take care of the problem.

Spamming dwarves? CLAW + MB still effective.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

and to be honest, a mb/tackler plays havoc with zonz, and it's not so hard to get one or two on most teams

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
I do fear you've just encouraged the creation of a new team every 20-30 games.

I just had that thought too!
What if I make a new team after 14 games, will I ever meet cpomb?
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If not meeting Clawpomb is that important to you, it would seem like [B] is not the division for you Smile

But the fact that these thoughts are already popping up nicely illustrates the fact that no matter how much Christer tries to fix things, his user base will always come up with new ways to game the system.

I'm sure the clawpomb and amazon minmaxers will show us how to to break this new system within weeks!

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
If not meeting Clawpomb is that important to you, it would seem like [B] is not the division for you Smile

But the fact that these thoughts are already popping up nicely illustrates the fact that no matter how much Christer tries to fix things, his user base will always come up with new ways to game the system.

I'm sure the clawpomb and amazon minmaxers will show us how to to break this new system within weeks!

I'm not saying I will do this, but some people may do.
And I don't really see a problem with it tbh, it just means that as long as you have less than 15 games played you will always be scheduled against other "less than 15 games"-teams.
Like a new kind of rookie rumble... Razz
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

its ok. the whole point of this is to see if it works, and then to fix anything that still needs fixing

Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
If not meeting Clawpomb is that important to you, it would seem like [ B] is not the division for you Smile

Christer has proposed a two (at least) part solution but only part of it has been implemented.

Hopefully fear of not being official won't scupper the rest.

Of course people will play 14 games and reset. The average team only plays around five games so 14 is a bit optimistic really. Wink

Previously you were looking at meeting a 1400 killer. Now if the worst comes to the worst it could be a 2000 killer.

Yet strangely so many people still want to stick with the official rules.
Shocked

The official rules were not designed for TV marching for sure. But when they said perpetual league I don't know how many 100 game teams they really tested. I doubt that they tested any 1000 game teams.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer> Is it possible to list all matches that could not happen with older sheduler, but happened now?
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
and to be honest, a mb/tackler plays havoc with zonz, and it's not so hard to get one or two on most teams

There are not enough zon/elf teams in the box to warrant taking tackle over claw. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

robocoyote wrote:
1940 Chaos defeated 2-0 against 1260 humans in this match

The wizard was a very good one, but the choas also were not your standard CPOMB spam

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3516938

A great endorsement of the new system.

In terms of additional anecdotal evidence I did see a game today Chaos vs Chaos with one team about 1980TV, the other 1580. The lower TV team conceded at the start of turn 3 I think it was, once he lost his Cpomb beastman to a SI (-ma). The team in question was then retired.

Whether this is an endorsement or a failure of the new system depends on your point I suppose.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
robocoyote wrote:
1940 Chaos defeated 2-0 against 1260 humans in this match

The wizard was a very good one, but the choas also were not your standard CPOMB spam

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3516938

A great endorsement of the new system.

In terms of additional anecdotal evidence I did see a game today Chaos vs Chaos with one team about 1980TV, the other 1580. The lower TV team conceded at the start of turn 3 I think it was, once he lost his Cpomb beastman to a SI (-ma). The team in question was then retired.

Whether this is an endorsement or a failure of the new system depends on your point I suppose.

Though these are not the chaos that we are looking for. 1900+ and not a single CPOMBer. Very Happy
Ooh, that is early concession. Worthy of admin attention?

They have recovered from their bad start

Go dem humaaaaanz!!!!!

Last edited by koadah on %b %17, %2013 - %10:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Kondor

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2013 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

These changes are wonderful. I prefer scheduling changes to rules changes.

I do wonder what will happen when the WMDs draw a team that comes in with -200 TV. That could get ugly really quickly.

The problem is that there are a lot of people who have come to love to use the CPOMB. Hitting it with the NERF bat will see a similar reaction to when the DP was hit. Some teams simply need a reliable way to remove a couple of players from the pitch to be competitive.

For me, the effect would be that my bashing teams would quit taking PO and start taking guard. Still spamming MB and Claw.

Still, well done. I have enjoyed my first 3 matches with this system.
 Jump to: