33 coaches online • Server time: 10:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
FUMBBLer of the Year 2015
akaRenton
39%
 39%  [ 31 ]
PainState
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Koadah
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
BillBrasky
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
PurpleGoo
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
Sann0638
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Happygrue
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
The_Great_Gobbo
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Harvestmouse
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Pythrr
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
cowhead
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
animefreak2599
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 78

birdbanger

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to vote Trump!

But he was not on the list so I voted akaRenton.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 18:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I think, in future it would be a good idea to actually state what the nominees have done. As it is, it's anonymous voting and open to abuse.

Well, the people nominating them made their case. I also don't really get how or why someone would abuse it?
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Harvestmouse. There's lots of people who did amazing stuff for Fumbbl this year, and yet I voted Harvestmouse. Why?

Many people came and went on Fumbbl. They got tired of the new rules, or of the game altogether and left never to be seen.
Many others play their games but are rarely seen/heard on forums or blogs.

The Harvestmouse tho, although he seldom plays in here, is always mousing in every forum conversation or blog that appears on Fumbbl. Always mousing his mousy posts. You can like that or not, but he's a steady presence. I don't always agree with him, but you he's giving a lot - i think - in sense of community.

It's not about playing Blood Bowl, it's about a bunch of people who, in the most unthinkable ways, somehow came accross this game through their lives and somehow got to love it. And we like to talk about it, to digress and over-analyze it, or just to stick together, because deep down in our hearts we all know that's the only place we can find our kin: people of all ages for whom orcs and goblins and elves fighting for a pigskin somehow took an important role in their lives.

Lastly I have to say I've gone through all of his blogs, and really really appreciated them. Great writings, would love to read more.
animefreak2599

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Always being one to both set trends & good examples, I was the first to vote for myself.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
I think, in future it would be a good idea to actually state what the nominees have done. As it is, it's anonymous voting and open to abuse.

Well, the people nominating them made their case. I also don't really get how or why someone would abuse it?

Well for both points. Akarenton was already nominated before I saw the thread. Only half if that of the stuff he's done this year was mentioned. So a full case for these fine individuals wasn't made. Personally, I don't need to be there, but most people on the site have no idea what I do/have done this year.

And see the post above me for 'open to abuse'. Anybody can come along and click on any person as a vote. If you've been here a member for a couple of weeks or simply don't care you could click on any name you like.

Thankfully, like last year we do have a responsible community and the right guy is winning. I like this idea Josh, and I think it's important that you keep it's integrity.
fidius

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I find it impossible to vote for someone without knowing where they stand on social issues that have nothing at all to do with Fumbbl. I'd especially like to know if they are harbouring unpopular opinions in their dark hearts. And I need moar pics -- any representative of mine will need to be really really good-looking.
animefreak2599

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2015 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
Personally I find it impossible to vote for someone without knowing where they stand on social issues that have nothing at all to do with Fumbbl. I'd especially like to know if they are harbouring unpopular opinions in their dark hearts. And I need moar pics -- any representative of mine will need to be really really good-looking.

this post is the best bait i have ever had the (dubious?) honor of reading on these forums
DeathJester74

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Clearly my name not appearing in the voting thread was an oversight and should be added. My game changing innovations have revolutionized Fumbbl and taken all peoples to a higher level of understanding!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 12:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The voting has closed, and I'm very pleased to announce that the title of FUMBBLer of the year 2015 goes to.....
akaRenton!

Congratulations to him, and thanks to all for taking part. We had a great number of nominees and votes, even if not quite as many as last year's competition. It's been a good year for FUMBBL, and it seems that the community believes Renton has really gone above and beyond. Here's your award (which, ironically, you created yourself) Wink

Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats! Smile

I just realized re-reading this thread that nobody seconded sonrises. I would have done so had I realized before. But alas. We have a very deserved winner and a very deserved runner-up so all is well. Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations aka-renton. Well deserved. Yes, I also thought that sonrises should have been nominated. He's been very consistant and beneficial to the site. Let's pretend he was.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2016 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you dudes. So when do the superpowers kick in? I've bought the spandex outfit already.

I'd like to thank my Mum, my dog and of course - Howie.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to akaRenton, a well deserved winner, and also to all the other nominations.

My plan for this year: I'm going to get my name changed to Pie, so I will win this next time (assuming the poll s done properly!!) Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
Grats! Smile

I just realized re-reading this thread that nobody seconded sonrises. I would have done so had I realized before. But alas. We have a very deserved winner and a very deserved runner-up so all is well. Smile

sonrises was seconded.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2016 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Verminardo wrote:
Grats! Smile

sonrises was seconded.

It is a conspiracy. Do it over!

Jump to: