29 coaches online • Server time: 10:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Skolopender wrote:
It Bores me se a coach choose, not to have his player run into the endzone and score an obvious TD, and instead stand around waiting for the clock to run out... You don't se a wide reciver, in American Football, catch a ball, run up to the endzone and wait till the last second, to step over the line... Stalling when you don't have a scoring chance isn't the issue here. I just find it trivial to look at... Thats my point when i say it bores me... Not the fact that I don't have chance to stop him from scoring... But the fact that he doesn't use his. (until the clock has allmost run out) Wink

congrats on being bored....

also, might i add, congrats on understanding and comprehending why coaches stall....but seriously...drop this stuipd crowbar tactic of trying to convince others to play your way, by constantly saying "well i see your point *BUT*"....

you don't like stalling...fine...whatever...don't do it....but don't whine when you come across coaches who *DO* use it to win, IN A COMPETITIVE LEAGUE, and throw up more forum posts about it...just casually write their name down, remind yourself not to play them again, and everyone comes out happy....

as for your "point" about american football above...

sure, the wide receiver doesn't run towards the end zone and stop right on the goal line...mainly because he has people pressuring him to score...

now in bb, most times when people stall, there's nobody pressuring them....i'd be willing to bet, in the nfl, if a team had a 1 td lead, were about to score again, with their opponent in the other half of the field...they wouldn't score...they stand just outside of the goal line, run the clock down some to help their lead, then cross it when they needed to....but we'll never know since that never happens...

but, to contradict your point....ever watch a team run the clock down in the last 2 minutes when they're leading?....they stop using time-outs, wait until the last second on the timer to hike the ball, and they'll take a knee to make sure the clock keeps running, while they *STALL* for the next play....wow...stalling!....what a concept!

it does happen in professional sports, we've made this point clear many many many times, but yet all of these anti-stallers refuse to accept the fact that it *DOES* happen....

deal with it...move on with your life...there are more important things to worry bout...

like synn's sister....hawt...

--j

ImageImage
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thomcat wrote:
imo VALID reason for stalling:

1) the opponent just tries to beat my men up - so i will not give him the chance after that to win on top of it

2) The opponent does not send people against the ballcarrier at all !!! well he does not wanna play ball - why give the ball to him for free ?

3) I´m under 12 players and he has good players in the ko box - and we are late in half 1 - why give him 2 chances to make successful ko rolls ????

4) instead of fouling ur team to death i stall - i have ur men lyeing around - and noone can reach me - I could now option to foul ur team to death - do i ? no i stall a bit and insures u have a team afterwards.

The best reason for stalling is to increase you winning chances (or tie, if you can't salvage the situation). All the points you name above ultimately serve to increase you winning chances. I can't really think of an invalid reason to stall. Even you stall and bash/foul the other team to pieces, you are increasing the chance to win. Yes, that includes most of second half, though usually not in t16.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
like synn's sister....hawt...

pix?
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, cant make statements like that without backing it up with evidence :d

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Children.....

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

What... were quite obviously bored. This IS the internet after all... Smile

Although, if you insist, stalling is gay, i dislike it intently, but its entirely understandable, the counterpoint is, gangfouling for the fun of it is entirely understandable if your being stalled against, give it a try, see how long he stalls for then...

Me Loves Futurama
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Go to www.digyourowngrave.com/dice-wars and leave me alone!

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

olivius wrote:
what do you think of that

I'd better don't tell you what I think of this.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Heres a thought, not only is stalling part of the game, but its explicity implied as a tactic for teams like dwarves, its not lame. The entire team has less than m6 and is built for endurance. Exactly who would play dorfs in such a non-stalling utopian paradise as has been suggested here. Also, dont look so damn surprised when the Dwarf team with 3 DP's and more mighty blow than the wolf that ate Little Red Riding Hood decides to stall. What did you think he was gonna do? Play some interesting crossfield balls? To be honest, you know whos likely to stall vs you before the game even starts as evidenced by the win/loss and cas records of most Khemri teams. Think for a few seconds before getting involved in a game your just gonna moan your way through. Much easier to use the patented "No Thanks" when offered in gamefinder. Dont be DwarfBait (tm) unless your willing to play that way.

Me Loves Futurama
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You didn't go there at all, did you George?

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I went there, and my browser went 'eh'?
I think it needs reinstalling because nothing appeared Very Happy

Me Loves Futurama
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Windows updated a major thing today. My work has been busy fixing it. Disabling 3rd party extensions should fix IE

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I went there and suddenly I looked up and the clock said it was an hour later.

Lords of Conquest is also a fun almost-Risk game.
http://members.cox.net/rgettman/
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ANTI Stalling rule. HAHAHAHAHHA learn how to play defence
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

A problem with STALLING is becuase FUMBBL DOES NOT follow LRB. We do not play an overtime period in ranked. I have no idea why Junkie has chosen this.

If teams were forced to play OT, it would change their end of game strategy. (IMO)

Jump to: