27 coaches online • Server time: 01:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think about the LOEBG? It's...
...fun!
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
...retarded
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
...useful for my cherrypicking
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
...just not interesting
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
...about Ranked: why am I reading this!?
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
...worse than my pie
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
...better than my pie
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked starts to bore me too much! Whenever your team reaches a good effectiveness, or, even worse, gets a pair of good hitters, getting matches becames horribly hard!

How to solve it?
Simple, following one of the brightest examples of what R can do if it's taken in the right way, I'd like to know if there are other coaches interested in a "League Of Extraordinary Brave Gentlemen".

Rules are simple: once you're in, you explain in your team info that you're part of the LOEBG and that you'll accept ANY challenge allowed by TV ranges. Simple and effective.

Who wants to join it?
Any ideas for a league logo?
Bob_Bifford

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Waits to see all the Dwarf coaches apply Smile
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I think an ELF style group(s) would be a great idea, with perhaps different emphasis on points, for example bonus points for passes by AG2 players, more for interceptions etc. I am not sure if scripts can pickup that information from the results page.

In answer to the question, I think that fluff reasons to play more games can only be a good thing.

Take care Dalfort

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
I think an ELF style group(s) would be a great idea, with perhaps different emphasis on points, for example bonus points for passes by AG2 players, more for interceptions etc. I am not sure if scripts can pickup that information from the results page.

In answer to the question, I think that fluff reasons to play more games can only be a good thing.

Take care Dalfort

Wait.. this is not about crappy records, like ag2 passing. This is about accepting all challenges in Ranked, period.
Especially for bashing teams that are way too pickers: I can understand avoiding bashfests with agility ones, but once you play something with 8+ strenght-access players you should dare a bit more!
Ofc elves are welcome too, but I'm too still too fearful to try myself with them Embarassed
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Many have tried, but ideas like this just don't work. It will only attract those that can not get games... Pretty much what happened to blackbox during LRB4, and now during CRP.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Add Faction to that list Woodstock. I loved Faction but it was a elite group of powerful teams with a gulf between them and new teams.

In response Tara, I hope it works for what you want from it, but some people like "crappy records" maybe because I dont have the ability to bore myself myself to tears in my pastime. Sorry meant to type win, the letters are so close on the keyboard... Good luck in your venture, this cherry is not for your picking anymore. Take care Dalfort.

Addition, I know I offered my flings in the past, this appears to be an attempt to get games for teams people would rather avoid. Keep entering tournaments or the scheduled smacks if you are tired of people dodging your bashy teams.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
Add Faction to that list Woodstock. I loved Faction but it was a elite group of powerful teams with a gulf between them and new teams.

In response Tara, I hope it works for what you want from it, but some people like "crappy records" maybe because I dont have the ability to bore myself myself to tears in my pastime. Sorry meant to type win, the letters are so close on the keyboard... Good luck in your venture, this cherry is not for your picking anymore. Take care Dalfort.

Addition, I know I offered my flings in the past, this appears to be an attempt to get games for teams people would rather avoid. Keep entering tournaments or the scheduled smacks if you are tired of people dodging your bashy teams.

Uhm from your general tone seems I've offended you... maybe "crappy records" seems a bit negative, but I meant it in a positive ways: I consider playing vamps very crappy, but I love it!
Anyway, yes. Probably I'm going to solve the problem with tournaments Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't accepting all challenges what the Box was for? Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I was put out by what I took to be a dismissive use of the term "crappy records". Perhaps I should not reply straight away to some posts, or perhaps I could have separated my points better and not used this thread to vent my frustrations of opinions being dismissed based on an apparent inability to be successful (i.e. having a good win percentage.) I understand you dont deserve the venom of my reply and I hope you can accept my sincere apology for my response.

Take care Dalfort

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
I was put out by what I took to be a dismissive use of the term "crappy records". Perhaps I should not reply straight away to some posts, or perhaps I could have separated my points better and not used this thread to vent my frustrations of opinions being dismissed based on an apparent inability to be successful (i.e. having a good win percentage.) I understand you dont deserve the venom of my reply and I hope you can accept my sincere apology for my response.

Take care Dalfort

I just got the impression that Tara is not that interested in awards & records.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I agree now koadah. He is a victim of my hairtrigger response perhaps more sleep may help with that. Either way I regret posting in the manner I did.

I do believe that an ELF style group could work, but equally does the Danger Zone offer this? Or is that a Box thing.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well what I thought about was a group for any team just interested in playing, without any care about the opponent being stronger, more bashy or so. But yes, Woodstock got the point. Probably I'll following Dalfort suggestion and I'll turn to tournament play. At least entering 1500tv teams in Legend SMACKs (because of cash) should make me learn how to optimize inducements!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
Well what I thought about was a group for any team just interested in playing, without any care about the opponent being stronger, more bashy or so. But yes, Woodstock got the point. Probably I'll following Dalfort suggestion and I'll turn to tournament play. At least entering 1500tv teams in Legend SMACKs (because of cash) should make me learn how to optimize inducements!

yes do that

i've been applying to legend smacks for weeks now without success...
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2012 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Tarabaralla wrote:

yes do that

i've been applying to legend smacks for weeks now without success...

Gonna help ya bro!
Narlgoth

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2012 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If I ever manage to get a team to powerhouse level I'll be happy to play other powerhouses, but it's just not fun having to play a team that's considerably more skilled then yours as you often get beaten, badly. And although it's not about the winning you can only have all your decent players killed and permanently injured, and then lose 6-0 a couple of times before it starts to sap the fun!

To be fair I'll always be happy to play pretty much anyone, regardless of whether I can tell by looking that I'm going to be slaughtered or not (so long as the apparent ratings are about even). However, I've several times been refused a game by someone that's purposely waiting for the right opposition (aka victim) to come along.

The best thing to do is buddy up with the cheery, nice players that always seem happy to match up and avoid all the "I'm not playing you because you have 4 blitzers" guys.

Akward, but a fact. Wink

Something they could do to encourage me to play better teams more frequently is get the Special Play Cards up and running! Nothing like a bit of randomised chaos to stop one of the A-list players scoring! It'd also be nice for closer point teams too, I can't count the amount of times I've had between 50-100K to spend with no choices of anything to actually buy (50K? Babes, 100K? Extra apothecary).
 Jump to: