38 coaches online • Server time: 00:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is Piling On too Much for Stunty?
Yes
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
No
37%
 37%  [ 23 ]
Oh god! Again?!
24%
 24%  [ 15 ]
Clawpie
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 62

Corvidius

Post   Posted: May 31, 2013 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurglings are an interesting case in that they have a huge damage dealing capability and a very good resistance to damage, in terms of higher AV, Foul Appearance & Regeneration. It makes it a fairly unappealing prospect to play them. If I'm a bashy team I'm happy enough to play another bashy team but foul appearance & regen would be very frustrating.. The same with the more agile stunties, Tentacles & Disturbing Presence frustrate positioning, passing, throw team mate & Bombs. High AV frustrates stab players too which is often part of the agile playbook.

Nurglings are frustrating team to play against at low tv, never mind at high tv.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 31, 2013 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

That chart is great..Now I know in stunty to take PO before MB in my skill path and keep hitting that YES button on do you wish to Pile On.

The key to stunty success....FOUL!

It is the most effective means of player removal. With the stunty negative in essence everybody has DP against a stunty player. Kick them every turn...take sneaky git to amp up you vollume of fouls.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2013 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Uh, PS... look at that alternative chart. PO's advantage over MB is marginal. I could see it after doubling on a Jump Up player with GA access... after Block and Tackle.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2013 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Kids today.

You guys missed the days of Block, Tackle, Multiple Block (old Multiblock would work on a blitz), MB, and RSC (+2 to INJ) Mechvermins.

But at least there wasn't a bunch of stabbers running around providing risk-free ways of damaging people.

__Synn
Nekross

Post   Posted: May 31, 2013 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Just checking... Playing Stunty and looking for ways to make BloodBowl less bloody? Purpose defeated, no?
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2013 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, it's almost too good with a sprinkle of block and/or tackle...
I'm surprised that I still get accepted challenges with this team:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3491707

EDIT: I'm making another team, testing without PO....
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2013 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont think it is po that's too good, just squigs. they are stupidly good after they get a few skills.

yeah PO is obviously awesome, but most stunty players are soo easily fouled out the game anyway its not a problem.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2013 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, starting with claw AND mighty blow is almost too good, and pro on the hoppers!... however they do have loads of negatraits
but they're good when they work Very Happy
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2013 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd rather face them, than a team with 3 or 4 reliable blokle MBs. You have one, but there's risk involved when using him as a blitzer.

With stunties, it's knocking them over that's the more difficult part, not breaking armour. And if you can remove their dodge out from your tackle zone, that's even more damaging. Blockle MBers are too dominant IMO.

That said, that's an unhealthy amount of POMB, and more fool you if the games do dry up.
Ziggyny

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2013 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The funny thing for me is you're complaining about how the games get swung by how these guys roll, and then are looking for ways to make them more swingy, not less. Once you're already more than 50% likely to hurt someone on a knockdown if you want to remove randomness you need to move towards more likely to hurt them, not less.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2013 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Was that aimed at me or the OP?
 Jump to: