27 coaches online • Server time: 08:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2013 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

In my experience their squishiness isn't a problem so long as you play with a 15+ player team.

The Tree and MG are quite capable of dishing out a respectable amount of pain. (My team cas differential is ZERO!)

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2013 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
(My team cas differential is ZERO!)
Mine is -39 in 18 games! (and that includes 2 perms on my Tree!)

But that's probably just because I suck Sad
Mephistodragonbane

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2013 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

that's some damn bad luck Craft Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2013 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I like them personally. I do agree that they could use a few tweaks on the next round of changes. Agree that the Borrowers need to get a bit of a boost. Maybe something to make them a little more durable.

Overall though, I'm glad they're there.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2013 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the suggestions of improving the Hot Pot, and giving the Pro Flings access to the Halfling Chef for 150k.

I personally like the Borrowers. That's not to say that they coulnd't use some tweaking. Strip Ball is very nice in Stunty. Dump-Off/NOS in theory is a good combo, but in practice they don't carry the ball very often (that's the Catcher's job). So I understand why people are less than thrilled. Maybe they just need something to encourage them to carry the ball. My first reaction would be to increase MA to 6. I hesitate to add more skills to them, but the obvious ones that come to mind are Sure Hands and Kick-Off Return.

[edit]: Instead of Sure Hands, what about Big Hand?

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2013 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, my Punters usually carry the ball so my DC Catchers can go downfield. But I have experimented with a Borrower BC and have been sorely disappointed with NOS+Dump Off+Stunty (have completed a dump off exactly once!).

Unless we could find some way to improve Dump-off I might be in favor of ditching if for Sure Hands (which has better fluff for the "Borrower" than Big Hand). MA 6 might be a touch too good though.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2013 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Only a couple of games against them.

Mootguards are cheap for an ST3 player IMO. They're pretty boss.

Hotpot is a great value, especially against a slow team that can't readily get to him. 60k to fling bombs all day (no secret weapon) is pretty sweet if you ask me. He does need a babysitter but he's cheap. Why is a pot that flings bombs not a secret weapon? Sticks out like a sore thumb.

A good team, but a real bash opponent will carve them up I'd bet.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2013 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Actually, my Punters usually carry the ball so my DC Catchers can go downfield.

Said the 4-3-11 coach. >.< (I kid!)

My Punters play defense and are strictly for clearing the ball if I can get it away from the offense. My first Punter took Leader, I think my next Punter will take Catch. The idea being someone knocks the ball loose, a Catcher gets it and hands to the Punter, who HMP's the ball back to my opponents endzone, and then I'll race him for it.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2013 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I know my offensive playstyle may not be optimum...But it actually works really well early on... I often score quickly if I win the toss, but I lose games late due to attrition. I've probably had the lead in 5 or 6 of those 11 losses (just from memory, don't know for sure) but can't hold them due to loss of #s.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2013 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
I often score quickly if I win the toss, but I lose games late due to attrition. I've probably had the lead in 5 or 6 of those 11 losses (just from memory, don't know for sure) but can't hold them due to loss of #s.

Shouldn't that be telling you something? Looking at your team the answer seems rather glaring.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2013 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Craftnburn wrote:
I often score quickly if I win the toss, but I lose games late due to attrition. I've probably had the lead in 5 or 6 of those 11 losses (just from memory, don't know for sure) but can't hold them due to loss of #s.

Shouldn't that be telling you something? Looking at your team the answer seems rather glaring.

Agree. My Flings are struggling because of injuries and no money to buy a bench. You need 14 players minimum because they are so soft.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2013 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda like the Borrowers, minehave made some Dump-Offs and it's a skill noone would ever take normally, so it's fun to have.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2013 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Agree. My Flings are struggling because of injuries and no money to buy a bench. You need 14 players minimum because they are so soft.

The Greenfield Rumblers are willing to float a loan to their fellow PFlings. I've got 15 healthy players and sitting on a war chest of 500K.

Last edited by Sigmar1 on %b %16, %2013 - %19:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2013 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I already told you I suck...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2013 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop a rr and buy 2 players. If you're taking so much damage you'll be playing with less than 16 most games anyway.....
 Jump to: