40 coaches online • Server time: 18:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MindWright

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth I would like to see your suggestion for kobolds. I did a search for them on the forum, and I didn't find anything except an old reference to it being an alternate name for goblins.

I started from the original concept of a running team, but then I let myself get caught up in the design process, and I think I changed things I shouldn't have. I was tired when I wrote it last night. I also think I'm trying to adhere too closely to the cost formula for regular teams. Stunty Leeg is really a class by itself.

I think Mith is right, the Brutes may as well be Ogres. But I want to do the team without Big Guys, so I'm dropping them entirely.

New Version:
Kobolds are subterranean creatures rumored to be related to goblins, halflings, or (ick!) both. Their skin ranges from pale blue to nearly black, and their bodies are hairless. They have a natural dexterity and skill in ball handling offered by their long arms and large hands. They are found in deep mines, and the only magic their wizards know are the runes of earth magic.

Qty Title Cost MA ST AG AV Skills
0-12 Kobold Linemen 40,000 5 2 3 7 Dodge, Sure Hands, Stunty - A
0-6 Kobold Runners 60,000 9 1 3 6 Dodge, Sure Hands, Stunty - A
Apothecary: Yes
Wizard: Runesmith
RR: 60,000

The problem with Stunty Leeg ideas is that they are really only useful here. A balanced team over on bloodbowl.com can be overpowered for Stunty Leeg, and an idea posted on bloodbowl.com is compared to regular teams, not just Stunty teams.

How is this team different from other stunty teams?

The players no longer have AV 8, so you can't call them gnome knock offs. The runners trade strength for pure speed, unlike skinks who are just fast. No other stunty team has Sure Hands as a specialty, and it isn't common in any of their rosters.

What will it add to gameplay in order to justify its implementation?

A team that specializes in the Stunty tactic of steering clear of the opposition and running the ball through small holes in the line.
MindWright

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Brit: I'm using kobolds from germanic mining folklore, not roleplaying games. They have arms as long as their legs and large hands. I could have used Big Hand instead of Sure Hands, but that seemed to be a bit too much.
hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2005 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

At the request of MindWright, this team has been deemed ready for playtesting and has been added to the Stunty Compendium.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2005 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Given the playtesting results and recommendations for this team, and given that the race creator (MindWright) has not been on for 10+ weeks, I am going to make an executive decision and remove this team from playtesting in Round 2.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

That's too bad, this was an interesting roster.

Myself, I'm most familiar with kobolds as the short, weak, stunty fellows from Dungeons and Dragons lore. I admit I'm not familiar with stunty leeg, but I would forward another player type just because kobolds, being canine in nature, would probably have a pack leader type (and, I suppose, Ogres could be removed from the team list, I dunno). Since they're humanoid, this would amount to a tribal cheiftain, with stats as follows:

0-1 Kobold Chieftain 6 3 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Sure Hands 80k - G/A

The idea here is for a stronger and faster-than-standard kobold who has risen to the top through cunning and strength. I don't know what he should cost, I'm really ballparking it there, since he seems to be seriously better than other stunties, especially with G/A access. Maybe it should just be A access.
Pat

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Kobolds are reptilians (D&D type) or like small gnolls (like Everquest) or humanoides????
That is a question????
I think worked on when i have a little idea of appearance....

SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember kobolds being described as doglike in my monster manuals, with about the same stature as goblins - not very big, and not overly bright, but crafty enough when they need to be. Perhaps even a little bit weaker than goblins. Is it possible that, given cultural differences throughout the world, some monsters in monster manuals distributed throughout Europe ended up with different identities than in my American rulebooks? I would doubt it, but given what MindWright said about his inspriation for kobolds, it makes me wonder.
Pat

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

In old D&D games kobolds are small doglike humanoides....yellow color for the skin....
In new D&D kobolds are small reptilians.....

Bulfi

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I want Gremlins!
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2005 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Gremlins...don't forget Mogwais, too.
Bulfi

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2005 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Mogwais was that furry cute thing they came from wasnt it? could have ST1 but fearless - would be cool havin a team with such players integrated for they could get rid of those nasty bigguys but have to take care of not getting beaten up
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Mogwais were intelligent but not nasty like the gremlins. They could be the ball handlers, or better yet, given their penchant for gadgets (hence the Mogwai named 'Gizmo' in the movie), maybe give them access to a blunderbuss or pogo stick...the theme being nonviolent weapons here.
 Jump to: